News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Stars and Badges

Started by Bulakbol, February 29, 2008, 11:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Death

While you're at it, can you change it so that it's possible to choose whether a badge is "inline" or not.

All the inline badges are shown on a single line and the rest are shown afterwards in separate lines.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Green Death on April 04, 2008, 07:01:33 PM
While you're at it, can you change it so that it's possible to choose whether a badge is "inline" or not.

All the inline badges are shown on a single line and the rest are shown afterwards in separate lines.

Hi again Green Death. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for your suggestion.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: JohnyB on April 04, 2008, 06:58:44 PM
Quote from: Alundra on April 04, 2008, 05:48:54 PM
JB, are you planning to put the option to choose which badges are able to show an icon if they are secondary groups? Like the previous group?

Can you make it so we can choose the order the badges are displayed in, so that if the user has badges 1, 3 and 4, they display like we ordered them?

Hi Alundra. Would you like to be like the Group Color legend? The next version will have that option. I'll work on it then.  ;)

You must be my favourite mod creator! Yeah, that would be good, great in fact, thank you :D.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Alundra on April 04, 2008, 07:34:10 PM

You must be my favourite mod creator! Yeah, that would be good, great in fact, thank you :D.

Wooo you know how to make people smile, do you know that?  ;)
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Jade Elizabeth

I sure hope so JB. I believe it to be my ultimate purpose.

Is there anything I can help you with?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Alundra on April 05, 2008, 01:09:07 AM
I sure hope so JB. I believe it to be my ultimate purpose.

Is there anything I can help you with?

That's great! I know you can do it.  ;)

I am thinking about how to do it because of in-line badges. Thanks Alundra.

BTW, you have the rarest forum.

Green Death

For inline badges you would need another boolean entry in the membergroup table. Then just loop through the badges, displaying the inline ones, and then loop through again displaying the non-inline ones.

Or, have two arrays to begin with from the database.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Green Death on April 05, 2008, 06:41:43 PM
For inline badges you would need another boolean entry in the membergroup table. Then just loop through the badges, displaying the inline ones, and then loop through again displaying the non-inline ones.

Or, have two arrays to begin with from the database.

What Alundra want is a way to arrange the display. Just like the MCLegendII.1.  I am considering two fields. One for the arrangement and one for the inline badges. I am trying to avoid adding two fields to the table though.

Green Death

You could use an integer field.

Badges are shown in order of the integer. Any badge with an integer less than 100 is shown inline.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Green Death on April 05, 2008, 07:03:46 PM
You could use an integer field.

Badges are shown in order of the integer. Any badge with an integer less than 100 is shown inline.

I use ids in MCLegendII.1 and I use comma as a separator. Maybe use dash character to identify inline badges and comma for the others. Not sure how to read yet though.  :P

Green Death

I have just looked at your other mod.

If you're going to do it that way, why not just have two lists?

Or have two comma lists separated by a semicolon.

Bulakbol

Yes. I am considering two. I'll see what will come up. I want the easy way you know hehe. Thanks.

Jade Elizabeth

Remember, if you need ANY testing, I am more than willing :)
I haven't yet installed the mod, I'm waiting for the update lol.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Alundra on April 05, 2008, 07:30:47 PM
Remember, if you need ANY testing, I am more than willing :)
I haven't yet installed the mod, I'm waiting for the update lol.

Sure hun.  ;D Thanks.  I'll send you a copy when it's ready.

MissyNL

Hi Johny,

Great MOD! I am thinking 0f using it.
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

Bulakbol

Quote from: Lafemme on April 06, 2008, 11:14:19 AM
Hi Johny,

Great MOD! I am thinking 0f using it.

aww thanks a lot. I am upgrading it so admins can arrange the display.

MissyNL

Wow! That would be great!

I feel like such a dumbass.. with my questions.. you all develop.. and i get barely install SMF :D
But... slowly..  i'm getting there :D
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

Bulakbol

Quote from: Lafemme on April 06, 2008, 12:08:29 PM
Wow! That would be great!

I feel like such a dumbass.. with my questions.. you all develop.. and i get barely install SMF :D
But... slowly..  i'm getting there :D

Good luck. If you need help, a lot of people here are very helpful.  Enjoy!

Green Death

I'm not rushing you, but how long do you think it will take?

Bulakbol

Quote from: Green Death on April 06, 2008, 12:37:21 PM
I'm not rushing you, but how long do you think it will take?

Hi Green Death. I have it and if you want to test it, PM me with your email addy and I'll send you a copy.  It's for 2 beta 3 though.

Advertisement: