Stars and Badges

Started by Bulakbol, February 29, 2008, 11:59:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostRose

Hi :)  Loving the mod!

Is there by chance a limit on how many groups you can add to the additional ID field?  It seems if I add over 25 groups to the list, the ones after the 25th entry do not work.

Thoughts?

Thanks! :)

Bulakbol

Hi GhostRose,
Thank you for using/trying this mod. In sources/Load.php,
Code (find) Select
$context['badges']['ownline'] = !empty($modSettings['badge_ownline']) ? explode(',', $modSettings['badge_ownline'], 20) : '';

and change the number 20 at the end of the line to 50. That should be enough I guess. :)
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

GhostRose

Quote from: JohnyB on June 03, 2008, 01:13:20 AM
Hi GhostRose,
Thank you for using/trying this mod. In sources/Load.php,
Code (find) Select
$context['badges']['ownline'] = !empty($modSettings['badge_ownline']) ? explode(',', $modSettings['badge_ownline'], 20) : '';

and change the number 20 at the end of the line to 50. That should be enough I guess. :)

Wonderful!  Thank you! :)  (I changed it to 75 just to be safe.  I still have at least 12 more groups to add ;) )

Bulakbol

Holy moly! Too many. :) Well, at least you know now where to increase the count.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

slyone

Trouble free installation! Great mod!
Thank You!

Acans

in the personal message you gave me info on changed the star to name it didnt work, its like the mod isnt installed, but i have doen everything i was ment to do, why itsnt it working???
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Bulakbol

Are you using custom theme? Try using the default theme and see if it works there. Let me know how things goes.

Acans

i tryed using it with the defult theme but still no luck, i edited the file you asked me to but still nothing
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Bulakbol

Did you install the mod manually? I tested the codes and working perfectly. You must be doing it incorrectly. Would you like to attach your Display.template.php?

Acans

just give it time, i ******ed my forum playing around with flash chat intergation, for some reason the regestered members couldnt log in

Colyn

Ok I use the Faux Apple Theme and installed the mod ... the Groups display properly in the member's profile on posts but I cannot add a custom image file ... when I add a filename it reverts to "*" and then displays the default star.gif image.

Please help.

Acans

you need to upload the image you want desplayed to SMF/THEMES/YOURTHEME/IMAGES/ and Bam, Piece of piss

Colyn

Quote from: Basicallyimjesus on June 15, 2008, 04:15:16 AM
you need to upload the image you want desplayed to SMF/THEMES/YOURTHEME/IMAGES/ and Bam, Piece of piss

Sadly not "piss" :) ... been trying the whole morning.

I run 1.1.5 and the Faux Apple Theme.

Acans

.....you shore you been uploading to the right place, beucase tis how tis done.

Colyn

Yes ... correct image folder.

Bulakbol

Do you still need assistance Colyn?
Link to your forum?

Colyn

Yes please ... I do need assistance.

Unfortunately the forum is a "closed" inter company support forum.

What can I do to make it possible for you to help me ?

Bulakbol

Hi Colyn.

Upload your new images/badges to Themes\Faux_Apple\images folder. Then edit your Membergroups and enter the filename in "Star image filename: " text box.

You can also attach your Display.template.php so I can check it.

Colyn

I can confirm that the images re in the Faux_Apple/images folder. If I enter one of them in the Group Star Image field ... I see a "*"

Here is the file ... thank you.

Acans

are you using the right picture file type: .gif, .jpg ect?

Advertisement: