News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biftek

i asked in the other ref mod thread but didn't get answer so i'll ask it here
can anyone help me out in making it so that only the user can see their ref link on the summary
hxxp:www.ausbb.com/ [nonactive]

perplexed

Quote from: karlbenson on March 06, 2008, 01:21:11 AM
Your right it doesn't appear to be working properly in Firefox.

Eliana, do you have the same problem with the Find Members inside SMF. (eg admin > banned) or admin > Boards > modify boards (for the moderator)

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on March 06, 2008, 01:23:43 AM
No on both counts. They both appear as popups without redirecting the current page.

Has there been a solution for this yet as I have it too?

Also, when I click on the 'find member' link to look for members this is what it says:

QuoteWarning!
Only registered members are allowed to access this section.
Please login below or register an account with My Test Site. 
Login
Username: 
Password: 
Minutes to stay logged in: 
Always stay logged in: 

Forgot your password?

which is kinda pointless considering they are trying to register at the time and don't have an account yet!

JoshieDaMan

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on March 09, 2008, 11:16:18 PM
There are two counts of Stats.template.php modifications. Here's mine.

9.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Stats.template.php     Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Stats.template.php    Test successful

Try editing the file manually then installing it.

Any ideas on the Firefox popup window problem? Perhaps there's some missing javascript in the head of the register.template.php file.
No idea how to do manual. I tried smf phraser it won't display.

Eliana Tamerin

Unzip the package and open the install.xml file. Then scroll down to where it says stats.template.php and follow the instructions from there. Remember that in the xml format, AFTER means before.
Do NOT PM me for support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 is OUT!
SimplePortal Project Manager
Download | Docs
SimplePortal: Power of Simplicity!

Fustrate

Look on the last page - I posted how to do the edits yourself.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

JoshieDaMan

Unknown column 'referralsno' in 'field list'
File: public_html/Sources/Stats.php
Line: 258

At stats.

AND

Unknown column 'mem.referralsno' in 'field list'
File: /public_html/Sources/Load.php
Line: 923

In profile.

Fustrate

-_- go into the Sources directory

Open Load.php and Stats.php

search for 'referralsno'
replace with 'referrals_no'
Steven Hoffman

perplexed

Quote from: perplexed on March 10, 2008, 07:58:26 AM
Quote from: karlbenson on March 06, 2008, 01:21:11 AM
Your right it doesn't appear to be working properly in Firefox.

Eliana, do you have the same problem with the Find Members inside SMF. (eg admin > banned) or admin > Boards > modify boards (for the moderator)

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on March 06, 2008, 01:23:43 AM
No on both counts. They both appear as popups without redirecting the current page.

Has there been a solution for this yet as I have it too?

Also, when I click on the 'find member' link to look for members this is what it says:

QuoteWarning!
Only registered members are allowed to access this section.
Please login below or register an account with My Test Site. 
Login
Username: 
Password: 
Minutes to stay logged in: 
Always stay logged in: 

Forgot your password?

which is kinda pointless considering they are trying to register at the time and don't have an account yet!

any help with these two issues yet?

thanks

weightman

I don't think I have any other mods affecting the registration process. I got the error below last night in the log. I checked to see if this happened from entering an incorrect visual verification code and that doesn't appear to be the cause. I was hoping someone would know how to fix. Thanks in advance:

8: Undefined index: visual_verification_code
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/smf/Sources/Register.php
Line: 171

Lines 170-172 from Register.php:

// Check whether the visual verification code was entered correctly.
if ((empty($modSettings['disable_visual_verification']) || $modSettings['disable_visual_verification'] != 1) && (empty($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']) || strtoupper($_REQUEST['visual_verification_code']) !== $_SESSION['visual_verification_code']))
{

Fustrate

Quote from: perplexed on March 11, 2008, 08:42:43 PMany help with these two issues yet?

thanks

For the first one, I'm still looking at that... tried a few different fixes, but they still did the same thing.
Second... do any other member finding popups work/not work for unregistered users? Are you using any mod that changes the url format (i.e. SEO urls)? No security checks stand in the way, besides one that should be passed easily.

and weightman... this mod doesn't touch the verification code. Can't help you there... do you know if the member got registered after that?
Steven Hoffman

Eliana Tamerin

No SEO urls installed here. And where might there be any other member-finding popups? I know that's not my issue (they worked fine for me, just opened in the current window instead of a popup) but it might help to test on my forum as well.

Yoda, you did make sure that it wasn't calling a js function that wasn't there, right? Maybe something didn't get loaded in the header?

Download | Docs

Fustrate

That might be a good point... but since it works in IE, I'm not too sure that's it.
Steven Hoffman

Eliana Tamerin

Can't hurt to check? Might be something that IE just glosses over and lets work anyways, while Firefox makes it adhere to strictly? Or some line that is only required for firefox to work, since it works with Opera and IE? I'm not sure.

Download | Docs

Fustrate

You hit it right on the nose with the first sentence :) Firefox is choking on the multiple things the onclick="" wants to do. Working on fixing that now...

Found the fix :)

In Register.template.php:
Find
<input name="referredby"
Change to
<input name="referredby" id="referredby"

It was trying to grab an element without an ID by it's non-existant ID ;)

I'm going to upload a new version in a minute or two.
Steven Hoffman

Eliana Tamerin

It's always one tiny little thing, isn't it? Grr for standards that have to be met. :P

That fix works perfectly. Thanks Yoda!

Download | Docs

weightman

Quoteand weightman... this mod doesn't touch the verification code. Can't help you there... do you know if the member got registered after that?

Gotcha. I am not sure if they registered but don't think so. Still, I have tested the registration process, before and after your latest bug fix (thanks for that!) and it seems to work fine with no errors. If it happens again, I will seek support in general support.

Thanks again

weightman

In your profile, does the "Copy" button for the referral link work for anyone else? Mine doesn't in either IE7 or FF3b4.

Fustrate

I tested all four, and it only choked on Opera. I'll see what I can do (if anything even needs to be done - Eliana says that hers works...)
Steven Hoffman

Eliana Tamerin

Works for me in FF2, IE7 and Opera here.

Make sure your JS is enabled.

Download | Docs

weightman

Hmmm, js is enabled. I'll try and get someone else to test it so I can see if its my computer or the site itself and then report back.

Thanks

Advertisement: