News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filipina

Frustrate, sorry for the frustration... we do appreciate your efforts :)

gremiopoker

Quote from: Filipina on April 11, 2009, 07:37:52 PM
Frustrate, sorry for the frustration... we do appreciate your efforts :)

Fustrate

New version has been posted and thoroughly tested... uninstall the old, and install the new.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Shonick

Thanks a lot for your input, however, this time, I got the error when I test it. What I did was unsintall that mod and reinstall the new version.
and go to this link http://mydomain.com/test/index.php?referredby=1

And I got the following error.

"Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (p_referrals_hits)"

Do you know where it come from?

Thanks a lot

Fustrate

try upgrading (don't uninstall - just upgrade) with this one...
Steven Hoffman

Shonick

Do you meant upgrade from 2-2-3 to 2-2-4?

Thanks

Fustrate

yes, that's it. Tell me if it works after that.
Steven Hoffman

Shonick

After upgrade the file, I don't have that error anymore, but, when I click on the register, the old thing happend again. The referrer does not log automatically.

cepsi

hi ive been afetr this mod for a few months, it works gr8 on my test site, but on my live site i have the awards mod installed and its causing a "Failed" in the package upload (on the display.template). I basically have two questions;

1. If i upload the package, when the test fails does that mean it simply wont write on the display template, and i can simply add teh code manually?

2. how can i add the code so that i get no parse error on the display template. My display template looks like this;

// Show how many posts they have made.
echo '
', $txt[26], ': ', $message['member']['posts'], '';

if (!empty($message['member']['options']['profile_postawards']))
{
$postawards = parse_bbc($message['member']['options']['profile_postawards']);
echo '<br />Awards: ' . $postawards . '';
}

echo ' <br />
<br />';

and i need to insert this for the refferal mod;

', $txt['referrals_referrals'], ' ', $message['member']['referrals_no'], '<br />

ty as always for any help :)

mrtrc266

Hey Cepsi (Cepsi from RB by any chance?)

When you get a test failed it just means that it can't find the code it's supposed to change usually cuz another mod relocated or slightly changed what it's looking for.

Yes you can add the code manually using a Package Parser. Just upload the Mod to the Parser, select what version SMF you have and then look for the file that gives you the failed test and make the change manually using a text editor. Notepad is not recommended. Notepad++ is great and won't change the formatting at all.

Hope that helps.

cepsi

QuoteYes you can add the code manually using a Package Parser. Just upload the Mod to the Parser, select what version SMF you have and then look for the file that gives you the failed test and make the change manually using a text editor. Notepad is not recommended. Notepad++ is great and won't change the formatting at all.

Hope that helps.

sweet thats all i needed. ive already parsed it and checked the code, i tried to install this mod a few months ago but got alot of errors, just DT this time though just wanted to make sure it wouldnt alter the DT when i uploaded it thru the package manager so i didnt have to do the whole lot manually. basic laziness  ;D

TY :)

Shonick

It work on 1.18 great but not on 2.0 RC1, hope Fustrate can fix it soon. The big problem is it does not log referrer automatically.

cepsi

QuoteHey Cepsi (Cepsi from RB by any chance?)

and yes but not there much anymore Troy  ;)

mrtrc266

Quote from: cepsi on April 13, 2009, 04:30:32 PM
QuoteHey Cepsi (Cepsi from RB by any chance?)

and yes but not there much anymore Troy  ;)

LOL, very nice to see you here Cepsi. Yeah I have been slackin on RB as well, kinda got a little obsessed with the Mansion :D  Have fun with your forum and all the Mods ;)

cepsi

looks good man fussilet is the master of dark themes

mrtrc266

Thanks, yeah he does an awesome job. Your sites lookin awesome too, I've been wanting to reg but I can't seem to slow down here LOL, just upgraded to RC1 and reinstallin all the Mods and still workin on the theme a little. I'll prob cya there soon though :)

Shonick

Quote from: viet on April 12, 2009, 02:53:42 PM
After upgrading the file, I don't have that error anymore, but, when I click on the register, the old thing happend again. The referrer does not log automatically.

Hi Fustrate,

Do you have any update yet?

thanks

Fustrate

rewriting a little of it :) this other mod for the Doc Team takes precedence.
Steven Hoffman

Shonick

Do you know how long would it talk? I would like to know, so I can adjust the plan on my forum.

Thanks a lots

Fustrate

1 or 2 more days, unless you want to be the guinea pig :)
Steven Hoffman

Advertisement: