News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredecardoso

Good day,

Already asked for help in my language but as yet I do not say anything and this is very important I think to come here.

I installed mod and when I try to refer to a member gives this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function loadreferral() in /home/a7087381/public_html/forum/index.php on line 172

What should I do to fix the problem?
I've also tried installing the mod manually and did not see anything wrong according to the website of the PARSE MOD SMF.
What should be wrong for me to correct?

Thank you for your attention,

Fred

ilb

i have a slight issue!

i've installed this mod, works great. however when using the referral link, it only loads 20% of the foum and not all of it (it's missing the portal sections)

my site: hxxp:xxx.iloveboost.com [nonactive] (replace xxx with www)

referral link: hxxp:iloveboost.com/forum/index.php?referredby=22 [nonactive]

So how do i go about fixing this slight issuse

Sabre™

@Fredecardoso
Check that all he edits were made to your templates, especially your load.php.
Look [HERE] for the parse instructions.

@ilb
When clicking a referral link, the person should be directed to the registration page, not your home page, so in your profile.template.php, change this line
<input type="text" id="referral_link" value="', $scripturl, '?referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />

To this
<input type="text" id="referral_link" value="', $scripturl, '?action=register;referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />

When asking for assistance, be sure to mention which branch of SMF you guys are using, as SMF1 & SMF2 have different coding in certain templates.
Hope this helps :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

ilb

Quote from: Sabre™ on July 03, 2010, 07:13:26 PM
@Fredecardoso
Check that all he edits were made to your templates, especially your load.php.
Look [HERE] for the parse instructions.

@ilb
When clicking a referral link, the person should be directed to the registration page, not your home page, so in your profile.template.php, change this line
<input type="text" id="referral_link" value="', $scripturl, '?referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />

To this
<input type="text" id="referral_link" value="', $scripturl, '?action=register;referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />

When asking for assistance, be sure to mention which branch of SMF you guys are using, as SMF1 & SMF2 have different coding in certain templates.
Hope this helps :)

after probing around a little, i figured it out! lol.  now only if i can figure out how to fix my other problem (uninstalling thank-o-crap, i mean matic)

But thanls for the quick reply.
btw the way, i am using smf 1.1.11

Sabre™

I re-wrote that thanks mod for another member just last week, but after probing around a little, Im sure you'll figure out how to uninstall it ;)
Good luck.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Fredecardoso

Boas,

I thank you for your quick reply to my problem.
I've checked all the files and saw nothing wrong but the file's stats could not find a few lines of code but I think this is irrelevant.
I've attached all the files modification for those who can see what the problem is.

Thank you for your attention,

Fredecardoso

sevamaster

Hi there,
Is it possible to place referral link to any page of a forum?
f.e.

http://www.seobuilding.ru/seo-forum/o_saite_i_forume/pooshreniya_aktivnyh_polzovatelei_foruma_iul_2010/?referredby=29

I think it would be better to refer people to particular page in place of the register page.

John1

I want to add the referral link to the ultimate profile.

The ultimate profile mode over wrote the default profile view and the referral link disappeard.
How do i add it back ?

Tearstar

Quote from: John1 on July 05, 2010, 05:25:33 PM
I want to add the referral link to the ultimate profile.

The ultimate profile mode over wrote the default profile view and the referral link disappeard.
How do i add it back ?

Read through this thread, there are alot of posts talking about how to do it. I posted some myself and following all the posts here, we got it working.

John1

Quote from: Sabre™ on October 27, 2009, 12:20:41 AM
EDIT:

If you cannot wait...

search for
// Messenger type information.

and add before it
// Adds the referral/referred user information to the profile summary
echo '
    <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" class="bordercolor" width="100%" id="info1">
    <tr>
<td class="windowbg">
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><hr size="1" width="100%" class="hrcolor" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>', $txt['referrals_referrals'], '</b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['referrals_no'];

// Show in dropdown of those referred
if (!empty($context['member']['referred_members'])){
echo '  <select onchange="location=options[selectedIndex].value;">
<option>', $txt['referrals_membersreferred'], '</option>';

foreach($context['member']['referred_members'] as $referred)
echo '
', $referred;

echo '
</select>';
}

echo '
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><b>', $txt['referrals_referrals_hits'], '</b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['referrals_hits'], '</td>
</tr>';

if (!empty($context['member']['referred_by']))
echo'
<tr>
<td><b>', $txt['referrals_referred_by'], '</b></td>
<td>', $context['member']['referred_by_link'], ' ', $txt['referrals_on'], ' ', date("jS M Y",$context['member']['referred_on']), '</td>
</tr>';

echo '
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><b>', $txt['referrals_link'], '</b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2" style="text-align: center;">
</td>
</tr>
    </table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>';

or the modified package is attached.
I'll remove it when JBlaze gets back.

I saw this edit but dont know which file. I could not find the messenger info on ultimateprofile template and profile template of my defualt theme.

John1

C4G-TK

I'm using RC3 and I know this isn't supported any longer.
I am using it with Ultimate Profile by adding the Profile.template information into the UltimateProfile.template.php file.
It appears to be working, but it cuts off the link and doesn't display it entirely.  I get only get the following in the box:  ?action=register;referredby=2

Does anyone know what I need to add in order to get the full link to appear?  I get the full link if I switch it back to the standard profile.

-img removed-

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

C4G-TK

Like I said, I added the Profile.template edit exactly into the UltimateProfile.template.  Do you mean I need to change something or add something into the script, too?

I put it between the last login and the profile activity in the Ultimate Profile.template:

echo '
<dt><strong>', $txt['date_registered'], ': </strong></dt>
<dd>', $context['member']['registered'], '</dd>
<dt><strong>', $txt['lastLoggedIn'], ': </strong></dt>
<dd>', $context['member']['last_login'], '</dd>
</dl>';

// Add the referral/referred user information to the profile summary
echo '
<dt>', $txt['referrals_referrals'], '</dt>
<dd>
', $context['member']['referrals_no'], '  ';

// Show in dropdown username of those referred
if (!empty($context['member']['referred_members'])){
echo '
<select onchange="location=options[selectedIndex].value;">
<option>', $txt['referrals_membersreferred'], '</option>';
foreach($context['member']['referred_members'] as $referred)
echo '
', $referred;

echo '
</select>';
}

echo '
</dd>
<dt>', $txt['referrals_referrals_hits'], '</dd>
<dd>', $context['member']['referrals_hits'], '</dd>';

if (!empty($context['member']['referred_by'])){
echo'
<dt>', $txt['referrals_referred_by'], '</dt>
<dd>', $context['member']['referred_by_link'], ' ', $txt['referrals_on'], ' ', timeformat($context['member']['referred_on']), '</dd>';
}

// Remove the # on the next line to make the link appear for the profile's owner ONLY!
# if ($context['user']['id'] == $context['member']['id'])
echo '
<dt>', $txt['referrals_link'], '</dt>
<dd>
<input type="text" onselect="this.select()" id="referral_link" value="', $scripturl, '?action=register;referredby=', $context['member']['id'], '" readonly="true" style="width:250px;" />
</dd>';

if (isset($context['member']['action']) && allowedTo('who_view')) {
echo '<dt><b>', $txt['current_activity'], ': </b></dt>
<dd>', $context['member']['action'], '</dd>';

-img removed-

sevamaster

Hi,
I have a problem.
One of my users has 20 referrals but it's shown only 9 in the referral combo-box.
See attached image.
What is wrong?

shadow82x

Anyone have a patch or code edit to solve the "Undefined index: server" issue?
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Sabre™

@ Fredecardoso
Sorry buddy, I completely missed your reply :-[
Do you still require assistance, or have you got it sorted?

ledzepp

I wanna remove the link in the footer (Copyright), "Referrals by hxxp:createaforum.com [nonactive]". Do I have to pay in order to do it legally, with the permission of the authors ?

Sabre™

Only if the author will accept payments to remove it.
Im also unsure of the policy of using a version "before" the copyright was introduced.

Spoogs

The version I'm using is prior to the cpyright... being that the mod now has a new owner I'm assuming the copyright will be removed (hopefully not replaced)

Advertisement: