News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elguapo

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

elguapo

minuway

BUG Report:

I was successfully installed the script in 2.0 rc4 but when I try the referral link, and then redirect to registration page, the Referrer field/box is blank... And why is that I dont see the top referrers on the Forum Stats?

impreza

Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

aussieherps

It needs to have some script for telling us how many referals have been made and the user names refered. Also a spot that tells us who refered a username. If that makes sense.
http://aussieherps.com">snakes lizards spiders turtles and much more

Kmam

Strict Standards: require_once() [function.require-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /home/tactical/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 1022

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/tactical/public_html/Sources/Load.php on line 1022

Weird error after manually installing on Estalia theme

An0nymousHelper

Could someone please help me out here, i really need to get my site going but for some reason when i go to profile or my messages or members or stuff like that i get this error, if any one could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

Unknown column 'mem.referrals_no' in 'field list'
File: /home/content/a/n/0/an0nymoushelp/html/forums/Sources/Load.php
Line: 896

Thanks in advance!!!!

vbgamer45

Sounds like you didn't run the installer for database script when installing the mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

An0nymousHelper

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 27, 2011, 09:16:56 PM
Sounds like you didn't run the installer for database script when installing the mod.
I'm going to sound really dumb here lol, How exactly do i do this?

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

An0nymousHelper

So i did all the manual edits then downloaded the folder and made it a .zip file and then put that file into the ./forums/Packages and then what? do i go to a link or something? Or is it just suppose to automatically install? sorry little bit of a noob here ;) never had this problem before.

Edit: It doesn't show up when i go to ACP>Packages>Browse Packages either :( so if anyone could help i would really really appreciate it as i need to get my site back up asap!!!!

Thanks!!

Spoogs

you seem to be going thru a whole lot of unecessary steps there (unless I'm just misunderstanding)

To install a package you can simply download it to your computer (stop)
go to Admin>>Packages>>Download Packages... scroll down... upload the package.

An0nymousHelper

Quote from: Spoogs on January 27, 2011, 11:23:52 PM
you seem to be going thru a whole lot of unecessary steps there (unless I'm just misunderstanding)

To install a package you can simply download it to your computer (stop)
go to Admin>>Packages>>Download Packages... scroll down... upload the package.
Yes i tried this and i got an error, it was saying "The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted." I dont no how to fix this :(

EDIT: I was doing this on my mac which automatically extracted the files then i compressed them to .zip and thats were the problem must have been because when i went on my old PC and tried this it worked first try! Now everything is working! Thanks.

agent47

Everything seems to be working well on my site except that users don't have referral links on their profile. I have installed "Ultimate Profile" mod and I don't know if that's clashing with this mod but I could really use some help here.

http://www.superheroalliance.net

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

!RFAN

add this to you ultimateprofile.template.php in signature area..

// Start Refferals System

echo '
<dt>', $txt['ref_refferals'] , '</dt>
<dd>', $context['member']['referrals_no'], '</dd>
';
// Refferals Link
if ($modSettings['ref_showreflink'])
if ($context['user']['is_admin'] || $context['user']['is_owner'])
echo '

<dt>', $txt['ref_refferal_link'], '</dt>
<dd><input type="text" size="50" value="', $scripturl, '?action=refferals;refferedby=', $context['member']['id'], '" /></dd>
';

// End Refferals System

agent47

Thanks a million !RFAN! You're the best my muslim brotha!!! :)

PortaMx is probably the best SMF portal!

ahmedjadoon

Anybody help me , i have smf 1.1.13 with blink theme . It will work? I tried installing but it shows error in 2 files

Fearless Freap

I have a question about this mod.

I want to run a contest for about 1 month using the referral system as a tool for a membership drive.  While I do have everything installed correctly, and I currently have about 320 members to date... my question would be...

If (in a hypothetical situation) all 320 members add 5 members give or take, with one who added the most (the winner), How would I determine that 1 member?  Meaning, would I have to search through each member profile (now at 1,600 members) to find the one with the most referrals? Or is there a stats page that could give me the top 10 members with the most referrals?

vbgamer45

You would need query the database and see who refer the most members i think in the smf_members table.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: