News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Referral System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, March 03, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

No idea looks like a bug with awards system no reason for it to be listed under refferals checked the code and the admin code is specific to the refferal system.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

danielseeksGod

would it be too much to ask for the "enter referring username" field to feature the SMF ajax auto-suggest? most people registering will appreciate that.

thank you!

Alb0

Why is the stats option not included in the latest version?! Could someone please integrated with the latest version? So it shows the top 5 referral and what not on the stats?
Really need this.

fengwu83

Hello,

I tried installing this mod on my forum that is on the version 2.0 RC5 and i get this error :

I tried installing with this error, but i dont get the referral system's tab

so can someone tell me how i can fix this?

thanks!

vbgamer45

You probably have to install it manually in that case.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Goodman854

Any way to find out who reffered a member?

vbgamer45

You would need to check inside the database there is a column added in the members table called refferedmemberid

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

GlitchPC

Any help with the following error?

http://xxxxxx.xxx/index.php?action=register2
8: Undefined index: refferedbyname
File: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/Register.php
Line: 496

vbgamer45

Quote from: GlitchPC on June 05, 2011, 08:46:17 AM
Any help with the following error?

http://xxxxxx.xxx/index.php?action=register2
8: Undefined index: refferedbyname
File: /xxx/xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/Sources/Register.php
Line: 496

Fixed new version posted

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

GlitchPC

Referral link:

http://xxxxxxxx.xxx/index.php?action=refferals;refferedby=1

The word "refferal" is spelled:  R-E-F-E-R-R-A-L

No offense but, you should re-write the mod and fix all the errors for the spelling of the word.  I know, I know...nobody's perfect.   ;)

Even the php files were spelled incorrectly...

vbgamer45

Maybe at some point but at this point it would break links unless I added detection for both spellings.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

4b11l

There's an extra > that is unneeded in quesrystring.php for the copyright.

Thought I'd do my best to help, haha.

Also, an update to the stats as asked above would be great for a future release. Thanks.

vbgamer45

Quote from: 4b11l on June 14, 2011, 07:27:11 PM
There's an extra > that is unneeded in quesrystring.php for the copyright.

Thought I'd do my best to help, haha.

Also, an update to the stats as asked above would be great for a future release. Thanks.
Fixed copyright bug

Will add stats option at some point

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

TurtleKicker

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 11, 2011, 08:13:36 PM
Maybe at some point but at this point it would break links unless I added detection for both spellings.

Still, that's the way to go. Having it misspelled looks really bad as these are the public URLs that we then ask our members to pass around to refer people to the site. :(

Checking for both spellings at this point within the mod is a necessary evil and unfortunately just the price that needs to be a paid for a major typo early in the process. Live and learn.  ;)

GlitchPC

Quote from: sremick on June 15, 2011, 09:47:28 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 11, 2011, 08:13:36 PM

Still, that's the way to go. Having it misspelled looks really bad as these are the public URLs that we then ask our members to pass around to refer people to the site. :(

Checking for both spellings at this point within the mod is a necessary evil and unfortunately just the price that needs to be a paid for a major typo early in the process. Live and learn.  ;)

Exactly why I'm not using it...

Was hoping someone, other than me, would make a reply about that...

yogesh_gamer

I installed this mod and update my SMF version (1.1.14)
I have a problem.
Many users are registering with already registered username and they listed in my spammer list.
I want that when a member register with already registered username then it should gives an error.

CBG81

Hi guys,

is there a way to track who was referred by who?

yogesh_gamer

QuoteHi guys,

is there a way to track who was referred by who?

Me too

2 Ques:  I installed this mod and update my SMF version (1.1.14)
I have a problem.
Many users are registering with already registered username and they listed in my spammer list.
I want that when a member register with already registered username then it should gives an error.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I have a idea/request.

Is there any simple way to link this mod to the SMF 2.0 Invitation mod, If member1 generates and invite code, which then member2 uses to register, member2 is then referred by member1 and its in their referral log?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

vbgamer45

Not easily would require research into both mods

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: