News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsrforum

Keith99

I have a quick questions regarding simple portals, I want to get rid of the link to the forum between the top and the main page.  Mine says Matched Betting Deals and link back to the forum!

www.mbdeals.co.uk you can see it there

Decided to look on your forum! Great help on there found it there.  If anyone wants it then find the answer here

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=3362.msg21556#msg21556
Please Visit my Matched Betting forum.

Great site guys!!

Kimmie

keep seeing this error in my logs:

action=jsoption;var=sp_block_10;val=0;sesc;1253722199838

Unable to verify referring url. Please go back and try again.

any ideas what is causing it? Thanks :)

[SiNaN]

What's your SMF version? What's your theme name? Can you attach the script.js file from your theme to here?
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

R.Bourne

Great work, as always.

SMF version is 1.1.10 and SP 2.3.

IE 8 users accessing the site, Forum Error Log fills up with this error message:

8: Undefined index: session_var
File: /home/content/r/a/m/2/html/Themes/default/PortalShoutbox.template.php
Line: 111

All other browsers have no issue.

Thanks in advance.

anto74

Hi :-)
today i upgraded to Sp 2.3, but i have curious problem. I have manu block and in Sp 2.2 it's ok, but now the guest not views the blocks but only articles! The block permission Are ok
my forum is macroforum.org
sorry for my english
Antonio

[SiNaN]

Quote from: R.Bourne on September 24, 2009, 12:59:34 AM
Great work, as always.

SMF version is 1.1.10 and SP 2.3.

IE 8 users accessing the site, Forum Error Log fills up with this error message:

8: Undefined index: session_var
File: /home/content/r/a/m/2/html/Themes/default/PortalShoutbox.template.php
Line: 111

All other browsers have no issue.

Thanks in advance.

http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=3201.0

Quote from: anto74 on September 24, 2009, 02:39:40 AM
Hi :-)
today i upgraded to Sp 2.3, but i have curious problem. I have manu block and in Sp 2.2 it's ok, but now the guest not views the blocks but only articles! The block permission Are ok
my forum is macroforum.org
sorry for my english
Antonio

Can you provide a screenshot of how the permissions are set for a block?

anto74

Quote from: [SiNaN] on September 24, 2009, 05:17:02 AM

Can you provide a screenshot of how the permissions are set for a block?
Thanks !
I attached screenshot of permission block ( recent topics)
In SP 2.2 it's all ok, now only admin views blocks, regular member and guest views only articles.
I checked all permission and they are ok... :(
If i create new block now with SP 2.3, the problem is same, only admin can views block...
Thanks
Antonio

[SiNaN]

See the "Permission Settings" option? Set it to "One Membergroup" and it should be fine.

Kingus

Hello I use simple portal 2.3 and its quite nice, I just have this problem. When I am using the gallery block I would like to select some categories where the images would be displayed from. I have tried and tried to no avail. Would you be so kind as to help.

Kingus

Hello I use simple portal 2.3 and its quite nice, I just have this problem. When I am using the gallery block I would like to select some categories where the images would be displayed from. I have tried and tried to no avail. Would you be so kind as to help.

anto74

Quote from: [SiNaN] on September 24, 2009, 06:45:34 AM
See the "Permission Settings" option? Set it to "One Membergroup" and it should be fine.
Thanks!!!
I set all blocks with One membergroup and i solved!
Thanks!  ;)
Antonio

karbaciun

hi

this mod is in the version 2.3 very good.

but for me in the IE browser have a litte problem and it displayed in below image
in all theme ,but in fire fox have not problem
please help me.
tnx a lot

R.Bourne

Quote from: [SiNaN] on September 24, 2009, 05:17:02 AM
http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=3201.0

Thank You! I forgot to check your forum. Anyhow, problem solved in IE. Did a quick test with other browsers (Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Camino, Safari and a few others and they work as before no problem.

Thanks again :)

Kimmie

Quote from: [SiNaN] on September 23, 2009, 01:50:18 PM
What's your SMF version? What's your theme name? Can you attach the script.js file from your theme to here?

RC1.2 and the only theme that has that file is the default core theme (which nobody uses because I dont allow them to select that one). File is attached.

gisfreak

hello

i dunno whats wrong on my forum or my PC but it seems "Resizes images on portal" function seems have different result in each browser

in OPERA 10, those oversized pic will be cut in the right

in Firefox 3.5.3, the image will be exceed the center block boundary and goes to right, so it will overlap with right block

in google chrome 2, its have same result as firefox

in safari 4, its have same result as firefox

any clue bout this ?

i use SMF 1.1.10 with default themes from SMF and 6 other mods

regards, GISfreak

Me fail English? That's unpossible.

jmil

OMG  :D :D :D

I Finally Upgraded from 2.0.4 and the upgrade went absolutely FLAWLESS with a extremely Custom Theme. I had a few blocks going kinda weird, just went in and adjusted the settings to get them aligned. Wow - Nice Upgrade and a heck of a job by the Simple Portal Team! 8)

I have one question:

I enabled the Shout Box and really like it but I put the Shout box in my forum only! Can I move it to a different Location (Say between 2 different Boards)besides only the Top or Bottom?

Again - Job well done by the Team!

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Thanks again for a great mod, this really can change the appearance of the forum and make it full or content even on the boards them selves, I also use it to display ads :D
Anyway this mod has made things so much easier for me, and I think I have a useful Idea as a great addition to this already great mod.

I would like to request an addition to this mod if I may.

Adding blocks is a great feature and can be used for almost anything, I want to know if it would be possible to add a tab and then use blocks to fil, it would be just like another portal, except that it would be completely customized by the forum admin including tab title.

Im currently using 2.2.1, I will upgrade soon, if this feature already exists in the newer version then thanks anyway

Thanks in Advanced! :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

4b11l

Hello,

For the latest version, where can I find the code for the advanced display option for the shoutbox to embed into boards?
I have a shoutbox on certain boards, but I want to be able to move the shoutbox to the top rather than on the bottom.

sshahnawaz

What is the difference b/w three mods of Simple Portal, i.e. Frontpage, Integration, Standalone?

Also tell me what can I do if I want my boards to be listed on index page while I am using the front page mod of Simple Portal.

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you....  :)
How to Make Money Online - Urdu Description https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Deggh2ZxNE

Advertisement: