News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

protonxl

Hey!

This is by far one of my fav smf plugins.

I have a question tho

I wanna upgrade to the latest one but I have these errors

Installing this package will perform the following actions:

Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./index.php    Test failed
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

these two files failed to uninstall.

I did not continue, I still have it installed.
Whats the next step?

sheryltoo

I am using an html block for the top block and unless I put several line breaks in my codes, the text from line to line overlaps each other.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening without having to put in several line breaks?
Sheryl

[SiNaN]

Quote from: protonxl on March 05, 2009, 11:32:07 AM
Hey!

I have a question tho

8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

Whats the next step?

Did you completely uninstall the old version before installing the new one?

Quote from: sheryltoo on March 05, 2009, 11:46:29 AM
I am using an html block for the top block and unless I put several line breaks in my codes, the text from line to line overlaps each other.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening without having to put in several line breaks?
Sheryl

As it is an HTML block, that is related to the codes you are using. I can't say for sure that I can help you with that, but you can paste the codes you are using so that I can have a look.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

sheryltoo

I'm not sure if you want the codes for the entire page, if you do let me know. Otherwise, here's some of the codes I'm using and if I don't put in more then one <br>, the lines are almost on top of each other.

<table align="center" background="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/sheryltoo/backgrounds/blstrps02.jpg"  cellpadding="20" cellspacing="0" width="100%"
border="2" bordercolor="#476c8e">
<tr>
<td>
<TABLE borderColor=#476c8e cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="100%"
background="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/sheryltoo/SMF/brtns01.jpg" border=1>
<tr>
<td>
<TABLE borderColor=#476c8e cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="100%" background="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/sheryltoo/SMF/smf12.jpg" border=1>

<tr>

<td align="center">
<br>
<P align=center><FONT face="Comic sans ms" color=#476c8e size=5>PSP Addicts
<br><br>
Pull up a chair and come share your
<br> <br>PSP talents with us.</FONT></P>

protonxl

Quote from: Blue Dream on March 05, 2009, 11:54:23 AM
Quote from: protonxl on March 05, 2009, 11:32:07 AM
Hey!

I have a question tho

Whats the next step?

Did you completely uninstall the old version before installing the new one?

No, I did not install the new one.
I read the description and it says to UNINSTALL the old version.
I went to packages, Simple Portal >>>> Clicked on Uninstall
and these two failed.

I did not continue, i left it installed until i find a way to uninstall old version safely.

jhd_20

Can somebody help me with this problem I'm encountering..? First I uploaded this to my test site and then tried to installed it using install packages but everytime this error occured:

screenshot:

And then I have also tried to manually edit files as showed on the manual on modification area but I I just end up messing around my database so again I re-install everything from the beginning using the smf v1.1.8 and tried to upload and install this modification again but it gives me the same error as before that was same on the screenshot above..

I've tried chmod the files but it was already set to 777 and one more thing how can you chmod a zip file anyway...

Please help... I really need this to work on my test site before trying to do the same on my live site.. Thank you so much...

jhd_20

kitekid

I recently installed ver. 2.1.1 on my SMF 1.1.8 forum.  Set it up and started running just fine ... until I added a second article to the portal.  Decided that I didn't like it there so deleted it.   Went back to the portal to see how it looked and got an Internal System Error 500.  All other pages were fine.  Uninstalled Simple Portal and then reinstalled ... no joy ... same error.
Any suggestions for fixing this?
Steve

jhd_20

Quote from: jhd_20 on March 07, 2009, 11:19:07 PM
Can somebody help me with this problem I'm encountering..? First I uploaded this to my test site and then tried to installed it using install packages but everytime this error occured:

screenshot:

And then I have also tried to manually edit files as showed on the manual on modification area but I I just end up messing around my database so again I re-install everything from the beginning using the smf v1.1.8 and tried to upload and install this modification again but it gives me the same error as before that was same on the screenshot above..

I've tried chmod the files but it was already set to 777 and one more thing how can you chmod a zip file anyway...

Please help... I really need this to work on my test site before trying to do the same on my live site.. Thank you so much...

jhd_20

Please can somebody lend a hand on this?

jhd_20

[SiNaN]

sheryltoo:

Those codes at least should be like this:

<table align="center" background="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/sheryltoo/backgrounds/blstrps02.jpg"  cellpadding="20" cellspacing="0" width="100%"
border="2" bordercolor="#476c8e">
<tr>
<td>
<TABLE borderColor=#476c8e cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="100%"
background="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/sheryltoo/SMF/brtns01.jpg" border=1>
<tr>
<td>
<TABLE borderColor=#476c8e cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="100%" background="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/sheryltoo/SMF/smf12.jpg" border=1>

<tr>

<td align="center">
<br>
<P align=center><FONT face="Comic sans ms" color=#476c8e size=5>PSP Addicts
<br><br>
Pull up a chair and come share your
<br> <br>PSP talents with us.</FONT></P>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

protonxl:

You can't install the new version, without uninstalling the old version first. Attach the files that gives errors when you try uninstalling and I'll remove SP from them manually.

jhd_20:

Please do not bump your posts.

Do you get the same error with other mods you are installing or is this specific to SP? Make sure the files are writable for Package Manager to edit them. From the error, I see the path you entered does not seem to be valid.

kitekid:

Try this:

SPortal1-1.php

Find:

LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}messages AS m ON (m.ID_MSG = a.ID_MESSAGE)
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}boards AS b ON (b.ID_BOARD = m.ID_BOARD)

Replace:

INNER JOIN {$db_prefix}messages AS m ON (m.ID_MSG = a.ID_MESSAGE)
INNER JOIN {$db_prefix}boards AS b ON (b.ID_BOARD = m.ID_BOARD)

Find:

LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}messages AS m ON (m.ID_MSG = a.ID_MESSAGE)
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}boards AS b ON (b.ID_BOARD = m.ID_BOARD)

Replace:

INNER JOIN {$db_prefix}messages AS m ON (m.ID_MSG = a.ID_MESSAGE)
INNER JOIN {$db_prefix}boards AS b ON (b.ID_BOARD = m.ID_BOARD)
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

wickedstangs

just downloaded this mod and tried to install and getting this error. Do I continue or stop?
Type                                      Action         Description
16.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/css/dropmenu.css    Test failed
     1.  Replace    ./Themes/default/css dropmenu.css    Test failed

Smoky "Rider" Blue

**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Jade Elizabeth

Exactly as Smoky says, don't worry bout it :)
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

wickedstangs

sweet thanks I went ahead with the process and looks to be working outstanding... Thank You..

www.modularfoxmustangs.com

Smoky "Rider" Blue

**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

sheryltoo

BlueDream, I actually had those closing tags but I just didn't copy them in my post. Sorry about that confusion.
But I'm still wondering if there's a way to make it so I don't have to put two breaks in the coding in order to prevent one line from overlapping the next.

I was wondering if I could copy some text to show you how close each line is to the next with only 1 break and when I highlighted the two lines, the second highlighted background was actually overlapping the highlighted line above it.
If this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll do a screen shot for you.
Right now I have to run out so I don't have time.
Thanks.
Sheryl

tfs

I recently installed SP 2.1.1 on SM 2.0 RC1.  A great combination!

I also have installed SMF Media Gallery 1.5.5, and in Simple Portal I'm displaying a "Media Gallery Block" random item.  But I don't really want to display non-images.  Could you add a filter to pick the file extensions to display?  A second wish would be to be able to pick the gallery where the random items comes from.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Sheryl, what box is it going into? is the box wide enough for the code?? cuz everyone knows, size matters  ;)  might be a contributing factor there as well just a thought, even though i havent looked at the code itself.. Blue knows what he is doing.. so try his out as well..  O:)

good ideas tfs 8)

wickedstangs

Quote from: SmokyBlue on March 09, 2009, 11:31:45 AM
Sheryl, what box is it going into? is the box wide enough for the code?? cuz everyone knows, size matters  ;) 
:)

Cudamine

QuoteType                                Action                Description
1.    Execute Modification    install1-1.xml    Modification parse error
2.    Execute Modification    -                      Modification parse error
3.    Execute Modification    english.xml       Modification parse error
4.    Execute Modification    -                      Modification parse error

I get this while trying to install on the package manager.

Anyone knows what to do?

Advertisement: