SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjScrappy

what does This Mean "You have to emulate the rc2"  maybe someone can explain it better

Dharshan

if you are using SMF RC3 in your forum (the latest release) you can check this at the very bottom of your forum.
then simple portal will not allow you to install it

so use the following path and do the changes.

go to admin-->packages-->browse packages

in this page you will see a list of installed mods (if you have any)

locate the advanced button at the bottom right hand corner and click it

on the new area that opens you will see SMF 2.0 RC3

change this to SMF 2.0 RC2 and hit apply

thats all

R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

~DS~

"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

txcas

I installed 2.3.1 on RC3 using the RC2 emulation.  Now that 2.3.2 is out, I tried to uninstall 2.3.1 and the first test on index.php failed.  Since I had a full backup I went ahead with the uninstallation.  That completely messed up the site.  I had to restore from backup.  I also found that when 2.3.2 is downloaded to the site but not installed, the package is marked in red as an old version and you get an option to upgrade but not to install it.  How can I safely remove 2.3.1 from RC3 and why is 2.3.2 getting flagged as an old version?

aw06

You have to remove it after emulating SMF Rc2

I Upgraded, but now all my articles have the read more link ???
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Bruno36

Hello!

I have several error messages

In sub.php lines are found
\?(?:' . SID . ';)((?:board|topic
\?(?:' . SID . '(?:;|&|&))((?:board|topic
\?((?:board|topic

The portal is incompatible with Pretty URLs
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

txcas

Quote from: aw06 on April 02, 2010, 11:27:29 PM
I know that.  Without RC2 emulation the option to unistall is not even available.  I still get errors on the first test on index.php.

Furqon

Quote from: Bruno36 on April 03, 2010, 06:56:36 AM
Hello!

same with me .. any solutions about this ?

gisfreak

Quote from: Bruno36 on April 03, 2010, 06:56:36 AM
Hello!

same with me, error on subs

using SMF 1.1.11 and pretty URL  :(
Me fail English? That's unpossible.

[SiNaN]

If you have Pretty URLs mod installed and you get a Test Failed error in Subs.php file; you can ignore the error and install the mod.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

[SiNaN]

Quote from: txcas on April 02, 2010, 10:54:21 PM
I installed 2.3.1 on RC3 using the RC2 emulation.  Now that 2.3.2 is out, I tried to uninstall 2.3.1 and the first test on index.php failed.  Since I had a full backup I went ahead with the uninstallation.  That completely messed up the site.  I had to restore from backup. I also found that when 2.3.2 is downloaded to the site but not installed, the package is marked in red as an old version and you get an option to upgrade but not to install it.  How can I safely remove 2.3.1 from RC3 and why is 2.3.2 getting flagged as an old version?

Are you sure 2.3.2 is flagged as old the version?

To uninstall 2.3.1, you could get a copy of your index.php file; remove the edits made by SimplePortal in that file, using the manual installation instructions on the Mod Site; then uninstall the mod ignoring the errors. And lastly, replace your index.php file with the one you removed the edits from, manually.

Quote from: aw06 on April 02, 2010, 11:27:29 PM

I Upgraded, but now all my articles have the read more link ???

Replied this at sp.net.

Furqon

I'm not using Pretty URL (SMF 2 RC3), but i've got Subs.php error message

Thank You

[SiNaN]

Can you attach your Subs.php file here?

txcas

Quote from: [SiNaN] on April 03, 2010, 11:10:24 AM
I installed 2.3.1 on RC3 using the RC2 emulation.  Now that 2.3.2 is out, I tried to uninstall 2.3.1 and the first test on index.php failed.  Since I had a full backup I went ahead with the uninstallation.  That completely messed up the site.  I had to restore from backup. I also found that when 2.3.2 is downloaded to the site but not installed, the package is marked in red as an old version and you get an option to upgrade but not to install it.  How can I safely remove 2.3.1 from RC3 and why is 2.3.2 getting flagged as an old version?

To uninstall 2.3.1, you could get a copy of your index.php file; remove the edits made by SimplePortal in that file, using the manual installation instructions on the Mod Site; then uninstall the mod ignoring the errors. And lastly, replace your index.php file with the one you removed the edits from, manually.

Yes it is getting flagged as the old version.  Check the attached picture.

adbrad

Quote from: txcas on April 03, 2010, 01:46:23 PM
Quote from: [SiNaN] on April 03, 2010, 11:10:24 AM

Yes it is getting flagged as the old version.  Check the attached picture.

i noticed this as well but once it was installed it showed as current version

psynx

please help!

i have smf 1.1.11 and using babylon theme. i also have simple portal mod installed.

i have this white space under my blocks. i don't know how to fix this. it is untidy.

try view my site on different browser, using mozilla no problem at all. but viewing it on IE browser there you see white space under the blocks.

Tiribulus

Major props to the SP crew. My frankensite with going on 90 mods and the most flawless Simple Portal upgrade yet today. Zeeroh manual surgery and zeeroh issues. Great job kids.

flapjack

Quote from: psynx on April 03, 2010, 10:02:16 PM
please help!

i have smf 1.1.11 and using babylon theme. i also have simple portal mod installed.

i have this white space under my blocks. i don't know how to fix this. it is untidy.

try view my site on different browser, using mozilla no problem at all. but viewing it on IE browser there you see white space under the blocks.
I already asked you to contact the mod author, as it is not smf related, and not simpleportal related either

Dharshan

upgraded  existing 2.3.1  version on my SMF2 RC3, with no problem, you do not need to uninstall 2.3.1, just upload the new package and install it! :)
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

Tiribulus

Quote from: Dharshan on April 03, 2010, 11:20:29 PM
upgraded  existing 2.3.1  version on my SMF2 RC3, with no problem, you do not need to uninstall 2.3.1, just upload the new package and install it! :)

I don't know man. I'm no expert, but the if the notes to say to uninstall the previous version the honchos must have reasons for including those instructions.

Advertisement: