News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Rivals (Clans, Ladders & Tournaments)

Started by A.I. BOT, March 15, 2008, 06:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragooon

But, the mod's style is much like phpBB's Source/templating system, so it won't be able to pass through the Mod approvals If I am right.

A.I. BOT

It wouldent be approved because I use my own templating system and not SMF's. Reasons being: Easier for me to keep the phpBB Rivals and SMF Rivals in sync and I think php and html should always be seperate (easier to theme, debug, cleaner imo, etc).

Thanks, will post update soon.
SMF Rivals - Clan, ladder and tournament add-on for SMF.

KPDub

Sorry to be a pain, when will a fix be available following the errors listed by Battlezone :)

BattleZone

Quote from: A.I. BOT on March 15, 2008, 10:04:47 PM

Quote from: BattleZone on March 15, 2008, 07:52:38 PM
*constant reverting back to the "forum" when it should revert back to the "rivals" section.
What do you mean by this? do you mean when you get the General Message screen you get kicked to the forum index?
Yes...essentially. I mean if I create a clan, create a platform, create a ladder, anything....I get kicked to the general forum index instead of what should happen(at least I think so) of me getting kicked back to the general rival index.

*the "Find Clan" feature under the "Make a Challenge" section does not work. It does not find clans that is. I can type in the exact info, no info, partial info, anything and everything and it still will not find the clan.
The find clan feature will NOT show clans you own. IE: if you own a clan "Joe's Clan", it wont show up in the search. But if you are saying that clans you do not own are not showing up, then ill look into it :)
Okay...so it won't find clans I'm in. Okay. Will test some more. Thanks.

*the "clan profile" window is all outta wack. It does not quite list everything that's inputted it seems.
What is out of wack and what is not showing?
Well I input all the data for all the fields. All the fields show, but data that's not inputted like username and something else (i forgot) do not show. Also they all seem misaligned. Nothing major...just really for better looks and features.

*as far as I can tell, there is no way to see the tournaments after you create them. Like, no way to join them.
Click tournaments. There you should beable to sign-up/view them.
I did not see this at all.

*a better "join ladder/join tournament" section might be better.
Explain please :)
Basically like you have "the admin panel" the "clan panel" etc...have a seperate panel for join/search clans...
join/search ladders...
join/search tournaments...
Would be smoother looking, easier.
Right now you have it so you have to go to "edit clan" and then join a ladder from what I can see.

*other than the Admin reporting all the features I do not see how the regular clan teams or members can report match win/losses. I am assuming that this involves the ticket system but it's kinda unclear how to utilize it all.
Admins can report anything, yes. But, clans can report win/loss/tie for matches and tournaments in the Clan Control Panel. See Manage Challenge/Manage Matches and Manage tournaments. This is where clans can do reporting.
I didn't notice, but is there a system of checks and balances on this?

*The point structure is 2 points for a win, 1 for a tie, and -1 for a loss correct?
Yes, keeping it simple... however, in Rivals you have a choice to rank clans by their clan rating ((wins - loss) + 100) OR by their clan score (2 for win, 1 for tie, -1 for loss). So you can pick what to use.
You mean if the ladder is on "rating" or "not rated?"

EDIT:
You said you won't intergrate into the regular Admin panel...but are you working on a permissions setup so that not EVERYONE can access it and adjust settings. I know you said you were working on it...just curious. Thanks again!

A.I. BOT

@BattleZone: Okay, next update I'll seperate the edit clan stuff...as in, to join ladders, you will go to CCP->Manage Ladders. From there you can join or remove yourself from the ladders. For tournaments, I will add onto Manage Tournaments...I'll add a section where you can sign-up for tournaments your not apart of.

System checks: Yes there is a system that prevents cheating and checks/balances a lot of things. From what I tested, I couldent find a way to cheat it :) so it should work.

This is going to be a bit of a heavy update with the new sections to the CCP and serval fixes, so be patient and ill post it out when I can.

Thanks.

LOLwut

www.TizeMe.com

The #1 place to show off your website/forum/blog/youtube channel, you name it!

- ALL FOR FREE.

A.I. BOT

Updated package is out. I tested what I could.

- You now join/remove your clan from ladders via CCP->Manage Ladders
- You are now unable to create empty clans in add_clan
- New file names/structure to some things.
- Permissions should be now fixed on the Rivals ACP
- parse_bbcs error is fixed.
- Most notice errors/undefined index errors should be fixes (some I couldent fix).
- Other stuff.

Thanks.

LOLwut

How the heck do you make the tournament for a certain ladder?

There are also too many errors

the upload link in the 1st post, is thta the updated one?
www.TizeMe.com

- ALL FOR FREE.

BattleZone

Quote from: LOLwut on March 16, 2008, 08:47:31 PM
How the heck do you make the tournament for a certain ladder?

There are also too many errors

the upload link in the 1st post, is thta the updated one?

Please speficy WHAT errors you are getting to better benefit this discussion.
the link should be the same everytime. He hosts it on his site so it should always be the same. So...yes...it should be the one on the first post.

Quote from: perplexed on March 16, 2008, 09:04:13 PM
are we all to post here now instead of the other topic? 
Yes. More people like coders and whatnot can see this and it will get more testing done with it. I'll redownload it and then reupload and test out.

LOLwut

I got the exact error that I posted above

Still blank clans can join

you cant specify what tournament its for, like you cannot pick the ladders or platforms
www.TizeMe.com

- ALL FOR FREE.

A.I. BOT

@LOLwut: What error above are you referring to? ... blank clans cant be created, I just tested it, so what exactly did you do that allowed you to make a blank clan (what did you put into the input fields?). Tournaments dont get assigned to ladders, they are their own "thing". You can create a tournament in Rivals ACP -> Add Tournament.

Thanks.

LOLwut

Ok my list

TO install, I go to my php admin and delete all the rivals tables, then I got to my members in my php admin and delete clan session because the uninstalled for this mod dosent work

As for the errors

Fatal error: Call to a member function assign_block() on a non-object in /home/piestown/public_html/halotourneys.com/Sources/rivals/classes/class_tournament.php on line 230- This is when I try to clikc on a tournament

Also, How the heck do I even Join a ladder, when i click on it it just says the info
www.TizeMe.com

- ALL FOR FREE.

A.I. BOT

Go to CCP->Manage Ladders, from there you can join ladders.

Assistance

enable / disable  options
~ join more then 1 clan
~ active in more then 1 ladder
~ active in more then 1 tournament

Join a Clan and invite a member does not work (error on invite)
~playing poker~

LOLwut

as for the other errors, also there is no manage ladders
www.TizeMe.com

- ALL FOR FREE.

A.I. BOT

@Assistance: What error do you get on invite?
@LOLwut: Yes there is o_O... http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/02b04614d4.png

Thanks.

LOLwut

www.TizeMe.com

- ALL FOR FREE.

Assistance

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
ORDER BY mem.lngfile
LIMIT 1' at line 8
File: //Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 771

LIMIT " . count($all_to), __FILE__, __LINE__);

// Combine 'to' and 'bcc' recipients.

$all_to array_merge($recipients['to'], $recipients['bcc']);

$request db_query("

SELECT

mem.memberName, mem.realName, mem.ID_MEMBER, mem.emailAddress, mem.lngfile, mg.maxMessages,

mem.pm_email_notify, mem.instantMessages," 
. (allowedTo('moderate_forum') ? ' 0' "

(mem.pm_ignore_list = '*' OR FIND_IN_SET(
$from[id], mem.pm_ignore_list))") . " AS ignored,

FIND_IN_SET(
$from[id], mem.buddy_list) AS is_buddy, mem.is_activated,

(mem.ID_GROUP = 1 OR FIND_IN_SET(1, mem.additionalGroups)) AS is_admin

FROM 
{$db_prefix}members AS mem

LEFT JOIN 
{$db_prefix}membergroups AS mg ON (mg.ID_GROUP = IF(mem.ID_GROUP = 0, mem.ID_POST_GROUP, mem.ID_GROUP))

WHERE mem.ID_MEMBER IN (" 
implode(", "$all_to) . ")

ORDER BY mem.lngfile

LIMIT " 
count($all_to), __FILE____LINE__);

$notifications = array();

while (
$row mysql_fetch_assoc($request))

{

Forum Error Log

action=rivals&action_2=ladders_requestjoinclan&type=1&clan_id=2
2: template_main(): Failed opening '//Sources/rivals/ladders_requestjoinclan.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:')
File: //smfforum/Themes/default/rivals.template.php (eval?)
Line: 41

action=rivals&action_2=ladders_requestjoinclan&type=1&clan_id=2
2: template_main(/Sources/rivals/ladders_requestjoinclan.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

action=rivals&action_2=ccp_members
8: Undefined variable: config
File: //Sources/rivals/ccp_members.php
Line: 67

action=rivals&action_2=ccp
2: array_key_exists(): The second argument should be either an array or an object
File: //Sources/rivals/ccp.php
Line: 109

2: array_diff(): Argument #1 is not an array
Line: 755

2: array_unique(): The argument should be an array
Line: 755

~playing poker~

LOLwut

www.TizeMe.com

- ALL FOR FREE.

Advertisement: