upgrade error

Started by junglejim42, March 19, 2008, 09:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglejim42

upgrading smf 1.1.4 to 2.0 beta3

using a test forum with the same mods installed as my main forum I attempted to carry out the upgrade.  after the database upgrade was completed and I clicked continue I got the following error

: Unknown column 'a.attachmentType' in 'field list'
/home/getitri/public_html/smf5/Sources/Load.php

So thinking this may have something to do with having mods still installed, I carried out a fresh install of 1.1.4 and then carried out the upgrade again ending up with the same error message after clicking the continue button.  where am I going wrong, please??

when trying to view the test forum, I get the "in maintenance mode" message.
ps.  when starting the install, I had a message stating that there was older smf files still in the directory,  I selected "skip" at this point

Grudge

You have not uploaded the new 2.0 files - are you definitely using the "upgrade" set of files and not "update"
I'm only a half geek really...

junglejim42

using the file smf_2-0-beta3p_upgrade.zip

junglejim42

thought I would re-upload all files and start the upgrade again.
when starting the upgrade iwas given the option to continue from where the last upgrade stopped or to start again, so I started again.   more success this time all the way to finished, but with the following errors at the top of the final page

Notice: Undefined variable: context in /home/getitri/public_html/smf5/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined variable: scripturl in /home/getitri/public_html/smf5/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 165

Notice: Undefined variable: context in /home/getitri/public_html/smf5/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 307

Notice: Undefined variable: boardurl in /home/getitri/public_html/smf5/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 338

Notice: Undefined variable: scripturl in /home/getitri/public_html/smf5/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 338

when trying to access the forum, i still get "in maintenance mode"

junglejim42

While waiting for a suitable reply, I've uninstalled everything and started from scratch.  still got the outdated files message at the begining which I skipped.  the installation finished with the same notices as before

Notice: Undefined variable: context in /home/getitri/public_html/smf6/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 46

Notice: Undefined variable: scripturl in /home/getitri/public_html/smf6/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 165

Notice: Undefined variable: context in /home/getitri/public_html/smf6/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 307

Notice: Undefined variable: boardurl in /home/getitri/public_html/smf6/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 338

Notice: Undefined variable: scripturl in /home/getitri/public_html/smf6/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php on line 338

do I ignore these

Oldiesmann

Download the SMF 2.0 Beta 3 Public "upgrade" package, extract all the files to your computer and upload them to your forum directory, making sure to overwrite any existing files. After that you should run upgrade.php to ensure that all database changes are made.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

junglejim42

I forgot to mention on #4, the forum is actually working, it is just the notices that require clarification, whether they can be ignoredor not.

also further question
can the upgrade zip file be uploaded and then extracted.  or does if have to be extracted first before uploading

IchBin™

You can extract after you upload with CPanel or any other tool if you have that option.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

junglejim42

many thanks for your help

Advertisement: