Attachments Positioning

Started by quake101, April 10, 2008, 11:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragaCampos

But I am using default theme...  :(

quake101

I just re-read your original post and I'm a little confused. What version of the mod do you currently have installed? Version 1.2 should have corrected this problem. If you do have v1.2 installed will you please attach the following 2 files from your forum:
./Sources/Display.php
./Themes/default/Display.template.php

FragaCampos

Yes, i have version 1.2 installed.

Thanks for trying to see what's going on.
Here goes the 2 files you asked.

quake101

Quote from: FragaCampos on April 16, 2008, 07:07:48 PM
Yes, i have version 1.2 installed.

Thanks for trying to see what's going on.
Here goes the 2 files you asked.

That's odd, the mod installed successfully, in fact I uploaded the files you attached to my test server and it worked. Will you post or PM me a url of a thread that's doing this?

quake101

Are you using IE7? I think I found a bug when using IE7. I'm still looking into this.

FragaCampos

It's really odd, i'm using firefox 2.0.0.13.

You can see it in this link, the tag is below the first image.

quake101

Quote from: FragaCampos on April 17, 2008, 09:33:28 AM
It's really odd, i'm using firefox 2.0.0.13.

You can see it in this link, the tag is below the first image.

The attachment is not an image and the mod currently only stops the displaying image attachment twice. I could add to the next version so any attachment that uses the bbcode will not display twice.

FragaCampos

Ah, ok. I thought this version added that feature already. My bad.

It would be a major improvement to hide the bottom attachment though, in case of bbcode use ;)

(btw, I didn't quite understand what do you mean about "displaying the image attachment twice"... :P)

City Builder

It's a very nice mod.

But two things come to mind:
1. Lightbox intergration, seems that when I use the attachment1 or whatever attachment in the post the lightbox is ignored.  Would be nice if it didn't.  tHIS MAY be beyond your control however and fall on the author of the intergrate lighbox mod instead.

2. When I turn off showing attachements at the bottom of the post in the admin panel, it also shuts off the attachment image as well, it would be nice if when someone uses the attachement # insert that it removes it from the bottom of the post.

3rd, nothing to do with this mod, but would be nice if the attachements at the bottom of each message went horizontal instead of vertical, much less scrolling that way.

Overall nice mod, but would like to see lightbox intergratation, and the turning off attachement showing not turning off the attachment # in the posts.

quake101

Lightbox intergration is planed for the next release.

mark7144

Quote from: City Builder on April 20, 2008, 05:25:11 PM
it would be nice if when someone uses the attachement # insert that it removes it from the bottom of the post.
I feel unless that is implemented then this mod is seriously flawed, so I can't really use this mod until then :(

It's rediculous that if I choose to insert my attachments into my post, the post is then double the size with duplicate images.

Quote from: quake101 on April 17, 2008, 10:01:43 AM
the mod currently only stops the displaying image attachment twice.
It does? Not for me - when I upload an attachment and then do [attachment=1] it will show twice in the post.

quake101

Quote from: mark7144 on April 21, 2008, 01:23:37 PM
Quote from: City Builder on April 20, 2008, 05:25:11 PM
it would be nice if when someone uses the attachement # insert that it removes it from the bottom of the post.
I feel unless that is implemented then this mod is seriously flawed, so I can't really use this mod until then :(

It's rediculous that if I choose to insert my attachments into my post, the post is then double the size with duplicate images.

Quote from: quake101 on April 17, 2008, 10:01:43 AM
the mod currently only stops the displaying image attachment twice.
It does? Not for me - when I upload an attachment and then do [attachment=1] it will show twice in the post.

What theme? The package will only edit the default theme.

mark7144

Oh I see... I'm running it on Saf-Blue but I assumed it installed fully because the functionality works.

Can you tell me what needs to be manually changed on my theme then?

quake101

Go to the mod download page (Here). Select v1.2 of the package, then select what version of SMF you are currently running and press submit. This will display the package edits for your version of SMF.

You need to edit Display.template.php for your theme

mark7144

City Builder

I did the manual edits to the required files, but yet when I attach an image to a post, then use the [attachment=1], indeed the image shows up in the place of the [attachment=1] tag but it continues to show at the bottom of the post as well.

I wonder if I missed some edit that needs to be made in the Display.template.php file?

quake101

Quote from: City Builder on April 21, 2008, 07:45:15 PM
I did the manual edits to the required files, but yet when I attach an image to a post, then use the [attachment=1], indeed the image shows up in the place of the [attachment=1] tag but it continues to show at the bottom of the post as well.

I wonder if I missed some edit that needs to be made in the Display.template.php file?

You may have, you should test the default theme and see if it's working. If so you can open both files and compare the edits.

City Builder

Of course you are correct.  In the default core theme when placing the attachments inside of the post they disapear from the bottom of the message, I will lok to see what I missed.  Thank you and sorry for the bother.

City Builder

Ok, I think I found and did it right.  Should I still have the text links at the bottom of the message though?  I got rid of the photos at the bottom but I've still got text links down there which don't bother me any and if they are supposed to be there then good enough, otherwise I'll keep plugging away until I get rid of them too if they're not supposed to be there.

Thanks,

Matthew Schenker

Hello,
I am trying to install this modification in SMF 2.0 beta 3.1.  I get this error:The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

What am I doing wrong?

Matthew

Advertisement: