News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Converting IPB 2.1.6 -> SMF 1.1.4

Started by 4LP3RUZ1, April 16, 2008, 08:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4LP3RUZ1

It gets stuck here:
QuoteConverting...
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options... Successful.
Converting poll logs... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 1)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... Successful.
Converting personal messages (step 3)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting board notifications... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Converting yearly events... Successful.
Converting permissions...Duplicate entry '9' for key 1

I've tried adding an ignore to permissions, but no difference:
/******************************************************************************/
--- Converting permissions...
/******************************************************************************/

DELETE FROM {$to_prefix}permissions
WHERE ID_GROUP > 8;

DELETE FROM {$to_prefix}membergroups
WHERE ID_GROUP > 8;

---# Transforming permissions...
---{
$ignore = true;
---}
---{
/* These didn't make it to perms:
g_avoid_q, g_avoid_flood, g_other_topics, g_delete_own_topic, g_invite_friend,
g_icon, g_attach_max, g_avatar_upload, g_email_limit, g_append_edit, g_access_offline,
g_max_mass_pm, g_search_flood, g_edit_cutoff, g_promotion, g_hide_from_list,
*/

also I've checked the IPB "groups" table, and I only have 8 groups, no nines in there...

Any ideas?
Frozen frogs are back :(

4LP3RUZ1

hmm, I deleted the sections of the sql file for permissions and it seems to be done now, am I missing anything?

SleePy

Just make sure that the permissions are as you want them on the forum since they where not converted.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

4LP3RUZ1

I'm running into some problems. For some reason the smileys, images and URL's in messages arent converted correctly, but those in signatures are fine??

SleePy

alperuzi,

Where you able to convert the rest of the way?
Do those errors still happen?
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

4LP3RUZ1

I had to mess with the converter files, it took a whole Sunday and the images were not converted entirely right, they remained as HTML but appear correctly. The URL's are the same I think. I lost all smileys, but I don't mind, I redid them all. The sites been up and running since then and there are no other problems, its the link in my sig.

It may mostly be a server fault, the versions of php and mysql plus the character sets etc are all odd.

SleePy

Any changes you think it is worth for me to know so I could fix the converter files themselves or where they server specific needed changes?

4LP3RUZ1

hmm, not sure, its been a while and I didn't test the conversion process on any other server, so we may assume its server specific.

edit:
actually here, I found the converter file in my recycle bin, its probably one of the many incantations I tried. As you see I took out whole sections because I was running it over and over again and did not want to wait for the parts already converted :)

Advertisement: