News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Packages Install Problem

Started by gravy, April 20, 2008, 04:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravy

I can download the packages, and I can click "Install Mod" and I get the screen that says all Tests Were Successfull. FTP hooks up and all, but I have no button to continue from there.

How can install the package with out a way to Proceed from there?

carmon

I am having this same issue. Very perplexing. All the permissions are good. Temp folder created as well with permissions. Etc...

Rumbaar

I remember someone else having this issue a while ago, can you screenshot the exact screen you get.

You using the default theme,with no modifications?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

carmon

I am sorry. I gave up and changed to vBulletin.

babjusi

Quote from: carmon on May 04, 2008, 12:09:55 PM

Sorry for the off-topic question, but it only the package manager issue that made you switch over to vb?

carmon

Mainly. I don't have time to be "Hacker" to edit code to get things working. It is odd that people solve the problem and won't post the files to swap out such as the manual install stuff. I just don't have time for it. It needs to just work.

babjusi

Now the manual install is made easier than ever for the smf. If you go to download a mod, you will see that a very neat and nice new feature is added which will display the complete edits made in order to install manually that particular mod. In my opinion the mod installation process is much easier then that of the vb.

P.s. And I totally agree with you when some people after they find the solution to a problem, don''t post it so the others can benefit as well. But what are you gonna do, some people are like that

carmon

I guess you are right. I got frustrated with SMF so I moved on. vb just worked the first time without a bunch hooey.

I have since found that SMF works easy on Ubuntu but the same install on a CentOS machines produces all the issues that I had. Go figure. But since my vb was running I just could not stomach starting over again.

Rumbaar

Quote from: carmon on May 04, 2008, 12:09:55 PM
Sorry to see you move on, but I was talking to the topic creator.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: