Not show avatars in posts to certain user groups

Started by Karri, January 07, 2005, 04:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karri

I would like to not have the avatars display to my guests and to the lower level post groups.  Basically this is what I am trying to do... I want the admins and the VIPs to see the avatars at all times regardless which secondary post group they are in.  But I do not want the guests and normal members (those with out a primary user group such as admin or vip) with only a few posts to see the avatars.  I am sure it would be as simple as adding an if statement to this bit of code in the display.template.php
// Show avatars, images, etc.?
if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !$context['user']['is_guest'] && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']))

echo '
<div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;">', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '</div><br />';

I have already managed to stop the guests from seeing the avatars based on a post I found elsewhere on this site but I am stuck on stopping the lowest user group from seeing them.  Any suggestions?

[Unknown]

What's the ID_GROUP (it's a number) of the group you want not to see avatars?

-[Unknown]

Karri

The ID_GROUP is 4, the groupName is "On The Tarmac".

Thanks for your help!!! :)

[Unknown]

in_array(4, $GLOBALS['user_info']['groups'])

That will tell you if they are in that group.  All you have to do is say:

if (in_array(4, $GLOBALS['user_info']['groups']))
   echo 'You are a n00b, sucka.';
else
   echo 'Hmm... not a n00b, are you?  That either means you\'re a guest, or you have posted a lot!';

-[Unknown]

Karri

Ok I changed the display avatar section to this which seems to work (if the code is bad please let me know, it won't hurt my feelings :) ) // Show avatars, images, etc.?
if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !$context['user']['is_guest'] && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']) && !(in_array(4, $GLOBALS['user_info']['groups'])))

echo '
<div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;">', $message['member']['avatar']['image'], '</div><br />';

How would I exclude those in group 4 who's primary user group is VIP? (group 9)   Example, a VIP with only 20 posts is primary group 9 but secondary group 4.

Thanks!!!

[Unknown]

// Show avatars, images, etc.?
if (!empty($settings['show_user_images']) && empty($options['show_no_avatars']) && !$context['user']['is_guest'] && !empty($message['member']['avatar']['image']) && (in_array(9, $GLOBALS['user_info']['groups']) || !in_array(4, $GLOBALS['user_info']['groups'])))
echo '

You're moving into an area where it might even be worth adding your own custom permission (which is more involved, but still not that difficult...)

-[Unknown]

Karri

that actually sounds cool, so I would be able to go into the edit permissions and click on and off the viewing of other's avatars?  I see your instructions at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=19136.0  any pointers on top of that?  Or detailed step by step instructions even? :) 

Thanks!!!

[Unknown]

Well, I'll probably write up a more formal tutorial later, but that's the basics...

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: