Spellcheck question

Started by redone, January 12, 2005, 09:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redone

Okay, I know I need Aspell and I contacted my host and this is the reply.

Hello,
We have aspell :Version 3.1.20

So, I tried to check the Spellcheck feature using the tool mentioned in the forums and here is what I get.

www.britportal.info/spell_test.php

Creates the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pspell_new() in /home/britport/public_html/spell_test.php on line 8

My phpinfo is located here:

www.britportal.info/phpinfo.php

Any ideas?

Thanks!

:D

Oldiesmann

PHP needs to be compiled with ASpell support...

Tell your host to add "--with-aspell" to the configure command and recompile PHP. After that it should work just fine.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

redone

Thanks for your help! I will contact my host and get this fixed.  On a different subject, I have posted in different places including SMF Arcade and others for help with something.  I am sure its really simple but could you tell me how to do this: 4. Run sql-queries with: arcade_sql.php or manually from mysql.txt in Documents folder?

My sincere apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place but I have tried the right places and cannot seem to get a reply. I am sure its simple if someone could just tell me what it means!

Again, sorry if this is the wrong place but I have tried the right places!

Thanks,

Scott
:)

[Unknown]

Quote from: Oldiesmann on January 12, 2005, 04:56:09 PM
PHP needs to be compiled with ASpell support...

Tell your host to add "--with-aspell" to the configure command and recompile PHP. After that it should work just fine.

Actually, it's --with-pspell...

-[Unknown]

talkwebhosts.com

hxxp:www.talkwebhosts.com [nonactive] :: Come Help Build A New Hosting Community!

_complex

Quote from: redone on January 14, 2005, 11:29:10 AM
4. Run sql-queries with: arcade_sql.php or manually from mysql.txt in Documents folder?

What He means is that, you will have to run acrcade_sql.php and so to run that you will have to link it (http://yoursite.com/forum/acrcade_sql.php)

And for the mysql file You can run that via phpmyadmin What is phpMyAdmin?

And run it in the same table/database your forum is on.

redone

Thanks for the reply. Talking with the host to get it compiled like you told me went with no problems. I have had to re-install my forum after I ran the update to 1.01.

Thanks to everyone for there help and I look forward to getting the arcade up on my forum as soon as I have fixed a few issues.

Your help is really appreciated.

:)

Advertisement: