• Welcome to Simple Machines Community Forum. Please login or sign up.
October 19, 2021, 08:14:52 AM

News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord


A Status Update

Started by David, October 26, 2003, 03:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

Honestly, guys, it's not hype when I say that the templates are far better than any other forum templating system I've used. A little PHP knowledge helps a lot when working with the templates in their current compiled state, but it will get easier. Also, you really only have to work with one file if you only want to make a YSE-like template modification, but the power is there to do a lot more.

I've changed almost everything except for the admin center, since lots of things are still being added/changed in that area. I've gotten rid of a lot of nested tables, font tags, etc. as well as tons of other little changes I made to fit the way I want my forum to look and run. The templating system makes it a lot easier to totally change the look of your forum without screwing up the way it works.

Yngwiedis

This screenshots are GREAT. I can wait for the public version :)
I am also happy that [Unknown] add the function for multiple avatars folders because is based on my idea :)
I am very happy for this even if i dont get any credit  :D
AmityHost.com - The Affordable Host

[Unknown]

Quote from: Yngwiedis on October 31, 2003, 05:06:52 PM
This screenshots are GREAT. I can wait for the public version :)
I am also happy that [Unknown] add the function for multiple avatars folders because is based on my idea :)
I am very happy for this even if i dont get any credit  :D

Compuart added that feature, actually....

-[Unknown]

Cccddd

Just paid for charter. Can't wait to start goin at it >:E

I was only mildly looking forward to the beta (cuz of bugs) but you hype too damn well [Unk]

Tyris

heheh... Unk... *giggle* heeehee ;D

I've been looking forward to it since the announcement that SMF existed... just wish I could afford that price :'( (that being said I just ordered Star Wars Rogue Squadron 3 from the states... meh :P)
Well it'll be worth it when its released :)

Cccddd

Just barely started my code hackin. the menu thing is a lot harder to hack now. Can't just throw in more links, you have to edit something else that I haven't found yet.

Anyways check out nrrds.com. The news on the front page is loaded from 4 different forums. Eventually I will take the collapsing effect and add it to threads on that page so that users will be able to select what forums they want displayed as collapsed when they first see the page. Also, I need to figure out a good way to do topic icons to get that slashdot post effect.

[Unknown]

Actually, it's not really harder, it just isn't where you expect it to be.

I'm going to change that anyway...

-[Unknown]

Cccddd

well sure it's easy when you already know where it's at ;p

Yngwiedis

Quote from: [Unknown] on October 31, 2003, 07:27:01 PM
Quote from: Yngwiedis on October 31, 2003, 05:06:52 PM
This screenshots are GREAT. I can wait for the public version :)
I am also happy that [Unknown] add the function for multiple avatars folders because is based on my idea :)
I am very happy for this even if i dont get any credit  :D

Compuart added that feature, actually....

-[Unknown]


Sorry then :(
I just thought that is my Mod Idea i have post long time ago in the YaBBSE forum here because is exactly the same function, and you make the convertion back then.
Sorry again :(
AmityHost.com - The Affordable Host

David

Quote from: Cheschire on November 01, 2003, 06:59:21 PM
Anyways check out nrrds.com. The news on the front page is loaded from 4 different forums. Eventually I will take the collapsing effect and add it to threads on that page so that users will be able to select what forums they want displayed as collapsed when they first see the page. Also, I need to figure out a good way to do topic icons to get that slashdot post effect.
This should be pretty easy to do now with the RSS XML feeds.
This space for rent.

bri

got to say the new version looks AWESOME! Cant wait to get it! ;)

Bri
<*)))><

Cccddd

Quote from: David on November 02, 2003, 01:07:15 AM
This should be pretty easy to do now with the RSS XML feeds.

actually all I had to do was edit the news template, add a < div style="float:right" > and make it print an image that was numbered based on the forum number, so forum 13 would have topic_13.gif or whatever.

Jeff Lewis

It's been a month since the last update so I just wanted to make a quick note or two...

The Charter Members currently have what we're calling beta 2.5 in their hands, some have it running on their sites (a good example is http://www.xboxrules.com which ties in with their portal).

Overall the number of bugs has dropped quite rapidly as the CM's are being extremely helpful. While some things are being polished off, I'm harassing everyone for a public release date so that we can update you all soon - hoping to get a date for you all shortly...
Co-Founder of SMF

Fizzy

That's encouraging to hear Jeff.

Better to have a quality finished product rather than a quick and buggy release. :)
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.


Tom

Thanks for the update Jeff!  :)

I've been really biting my tongue lately to try not to ask for a date.

Adin

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on December 11, 2003, 12:33:35 AM
I'm harassing everyone for a public release date so that we can update you all soon - hoping to get a date for you all shortly...

lol  ;D Great news. Can't wait to see the public version. And it's nice to hear that the CM's are that helpfull, i didn't expect that much from paided members, but they really seem to be loyalists. Two thumbs up. :)

James Woodcock

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on December 11, 2003, 12:33:35 AM
It's been a month since the last update so I just wanted to make a quick note or two...

The Charter Members currently have what we're calling beta 2.5 in their hands, some have it running on their sites (a good example is http://www.xboxrules.com which ties in with their portal).

Overall the number of bugs has dropped quite rapidly as the CM's are being extremely helpful. While some things are being polished off, I'm harassing everyone for a public release date so that we can update you all soon - hoping to get a date for you all shortly...

Yeah we got a mention ;)

pulpitfire

Quote
Thanks for the update Jeff! 

same here!

Quote
I've been really biting my tongue lately to try not to ask for a date.

I think the smell of death would be if people weren't harassing you for the next release :).

Cccddd

Quote from: Adin on December 11, 2003, 08:05:16 AM
And it's nice to hear that the CM's are that helpfull, i didn't expect that much from paided members, but they really seem to be loyalists.

well so far its the best forum software with the best community i have seen...

loudog

Quote from: Jeff Lewis on December 11, 2003, 12:33:35 AM
It's been a month since the last update so I just wanted to make a quick note or two...

The Charter Members currently have what we're calling beta 2.5 in their hands, some have it running on their sites (a good example is http://www.xboxrules.com which ties in with their portal).

Overall the number of bugs has dropped quite rapidly as the CM's are being extremely helpful. While some things are being polished off, I'm harassing everyone for a public release date so that we can update you all soon - hoping to get a date for you all shortly...


Thanks for the update. I can't tell you how looking forward to this I am. If that is what this new forum will be like, I'm going to love it. Its super fast, feature friendly, and clean. Great work, and now I'll unpatiently waiting LOL

Advertisement: