Prettier Quotes

Started by Deprecated, September 15, 2008, 08:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neverhurry

Hello Deprecated,

I love this mod a lot, and installed it at the beginning of my first smf forum. it worked for a month without problem, but yesterday i found out that it didn't work any more. When I wanted to uninstall it, i got this:

"
!!
Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Uninstall Actions
Uninstall Actions "Prettier_Quotes":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/style.css    Test failed
2.    Delete File    ./Themes/default/images/quote_bg.png"

now what can i do to make it work again? Thank you very very much.
I am using SMF 2.0.1, curve themes.

Sabre™

@ PhiLiz and neverhurry

Do you still require assistance with this?
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

divecall

Anyone was trying this mod with DilberMC ?

I think, this is not so easy.... :-X

Sabre™

It will work with the dilber mc theme.
You just need to add the CSS code to the style.css file and it will work on all of the themes colours.
But the background of the quote image will be the same for each theme, as the attached image below will show you.

You could add the CSS code to All of the colours css files eg. style_lightblue.css, style_lightbrown.css, and add a new quote_bg image in your images folder, for each of the themes colours.
You would have to make slight changes to the quote_bg name for each colour of course ;)
eg. quote_bg1, quote_bg2, quote_bg3 and so on n so forth.

I hope that helps a little.
Good luck :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

TheListener

Managed to install manually onto a blackrain v2 theme (2.0 rc1-1) yet there are no quote images.

Am I missing something? If so what?

TheListener

The mod is working properly now.

BUT

Due to the forums theme being black and members using white text is there a way of making the background a different colour?

Neo_TE

Works FINE in DILBERMC THEME after editing the CSS FILES.

Cheers.
:D

Costa

Quote from: TheListener on July 18, 2009, 08:16:39 PM
Due to the forums theme being black and members using white text is there a way of making the background a different colour?

background: url(images/quote_bg.png) 5px 5px no-repeat #F0F3FC;

replace the red part for another hexadecimal color
http://www.december.com/html/spec/color.html
Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

Sabre™

Ahh yes of course!
Thanks Costa  8)

ArkServer

canbe it updated to support the latest 2.0 rc  version?

Costa

do the edits mannually, this trick works in rc1.2 without any problem
Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

futeball

This mod works on ver 1.1.11 on any theme. Just edit the style.css manually & put the image on theme/images.

ChasX

How come my quote symbol is backwards?

Advertisement: