Converting IPB 1.0.1 to SMF 1.0

Started by Alexandre P., January 13, 2005, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandre P.

Hi all,

A friend of mine wanted to convert his IPB 1.0.1 forum to SMF 1.0, but he did not succeed.  I did try to convert his forum also, using the lastest invision_to_smf.php converter from the downloads area, but I couldn' convert it.  I get error messages:
QuoteConverting members... successful.
Converting categories... successful.
Converting boards... successful.
Converting topics... successful.
Converting messages... (this may take some time)
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 788

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 798
successful.
Converting messages (step 2)... successful.
Converting polls...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 951

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in  /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 961
successful.
Converting poll options... successful.
Converting previous poll votes... successful.
Converting personal messages... successful.
Converting personal messages (step 2)... successful.
Converting personal messages (step 3)... successful.
Converting topic notifications... successful.
Converting board notifications...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 1490

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 1500
successful.
Converting moderators... successful.
Converting group permissions...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 1659

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 1699
successful.
Converting board permissions...
Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 1769

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 1774

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 1787

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 1878
successful.
Converting board access... successful.
Converting smileys... successful.
Recalculating forum statistics...
Warning: Wrong parameter count for mysql_query() in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 2148

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 2149

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/feho/www/conversion/forum/invision_to_smf.php on line 2157
successful.
Converting forum settings... successful.
It appears that everything seems to be converted well except... the topics :-\

So, is there a way to convert IPB 1.0.1 to SMF 1.0?

Thanks!
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Oldiesmann

The converter is meant for IPB 1.3.x, so I really wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't work. [Unknown] might be able to modify the converter for you though...

With the exception of the "recalculating forum statistics" errors (the first one is due to a typo, and the others are related to that), the error messages are most likely caused by the names of some tables being different in 1.0.1 than they are in 1.3.x...

If you could, post the names of the following tables as used in 1.0.1, and I will try to modify the converter for you (the name in parentheses is the one used in the converter):

Messages (posts)
Polls (polls)
Board Notifications (forum_tracker)
Groups (groups)
Boards (forums)

Unfortunately, I can't guarantee that even a modified version will be successful, because IPB has probably changed considerably since then...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Grudge

I would really recommend upgrading to the latest IPB first. 1.0.1 is *really* old, at the very least they should upgrade to have the current, secure, version of IPB and then try the conversion. It will be best in the long run!
I'm only a half geek really...

Alexandre P.

I just bypassed the problem by using a IPB 1.x to PhpBB converter, then using the PhpBB to SMF 1.0.1 converter.  It did work great :)
Aucun support par M.P., courriel ou messagerie instantanée / No support by P.M., email or I.M.

Oldiesmann

Glad you got it working :)

Grudge - it's kind of hard to upgrade an IPB that old because I don't think you can go directly from there to 2.0, and you'd have a really hard time finding any older versions of IPB now...

EDIT: Sorry about that [Unknown] ;)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

Quote from: Oldiesmann on January 17, 2005, 12:01:32 PM
[Unknown] - it's kind of hard to upgrade an IPB that old because I don't think you can go directly from there to 2.0, and you'd have a really hard time finding any older versions of IPB now...

Eh?  Did I post here?

-[Unknown]

Oldiesmann

Sorry... That was Grudge who posted here... I don't have my glasses on at the moment... :P
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: