Images On Board

Started by Bulakbol, June 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulakbol

@ddarrell
   Attach the file that failed the test so helpful people can look at it if I am not around.

@jimbo007
  hehe I encourage all new admins to do the manual edit theirselves. Admins should learn how to do it.  Glad to know you did it.  8)
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

ddarrell

Thanks for looking at it, JohnyB  :)

--attached file.

i know just enough to really screw up ;D

Bulakbol

Here ya go ddarrell. Use this file before installation. NOT after. Backup your old file, upload this file then install the mod. Good luck!
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

ddarrell

:D :D :D

Thanks a bunch, JohnyB, worked and installed perfectly!!

You Da Man!!

best regards,

ddarrell

:D :D :D
i know just enough to really screw up ;D

linette97

Hiya again Johny! I'm just loving your mods! So far I've been installing mods pretty well (sometimes)
anyways, I installed this one and as you might remember I'm using the Fire theme... I tried to install and I can't find the lines for me to replace/add.. I started with my BoardIndex.template.php...
I was using the codes for default theme... can't find nada
So if you have the time could you please check them out for me? Let me know where to start! I really did try. It's not as hard as I thought but this one has me stumped!

oh as for the image folder, should I be placing it in my fire theme directory or leave in default? because I get and error trying to upload a gif to the default folder here it is

QuoteWarning: ftp_put() [function.ftp-put]: /httpdocs/Themes/default/images/ImagesOnBoard/iphone.gif: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/filemanager3.freepgs.com/httpdocs/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 1283
icon

Another thing.. I do have the options available under modify boards
Thanks! 
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

linette97

Johny you might kill me :o.. But I decided to change themes completely. Now I'm using Dilber MC.

Same thing happens though... I'm thinking another mod? Well it looks like you might of downloaded one of the files & are over there trying to check things out...  :o So sorry about that.

I have attached the same 2 files but from Dilber MC. I did not install your mod to this theme so I hope that's ok.  I hope this hasn't inconvenienced you. You can take as long as you like. My site is FAR from opening. Just wanted to have all things set into place before I do.

Here are the mods I have installed in case you need to check that out.

QuoteMod Name     Version     
1.    Advanced Login Form    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.    Auto Email Inactive Users    1.7    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.    Lots_o_Smileys    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.    AvatarSelect    1.1.2    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.    AvatarOnBoard    2.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.    Mood Stars    2.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.    YouTube BBCode    2.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.    nCode Image Resizer    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.    Reason For Editing Mod    1.14    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10.    Simple ImageShack    2.0.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11.    Images On Board    1.1    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12.    Profil Moderator Managment    1.0.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13.    Registered Links    1.0    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14.    Allowed Groups Embedded Flash    1.2.3    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15.    Look But No Read    1.1    [ Apply Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Thanks! Again NO RUSH!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,

Bulakbol

linette97
   Make up your mind 'cause I don't have all the time in the world. :) The folder ImageOnBoard should be inside default/images folder. (i.e. Themes/default/images/ImagesOnBoard).

linette97

Sorry about that Johny :(. Well, I'm 37 yrs old so, My time is limited as well.. say if everything goes right I have about a good 40-50 years left LOL  ;D!  I just was having so many issues with that fire theme. Like I said whenever you DO have the time it's just fine with me.  I know you are busy with all this mod stuff and that's not including your personal life! So no rush, remember, I'll be here another 40-50 years I can wait!  ;)

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,

Mr.IT

Now I'm using Bethesna Theme . Can i use "Image On Board" on Bethesna Theme . How to use it !

Bulakbol

@linette97
  Here are your edited files.

@chitlar
   Install the mod and edit your theme's BoardIndex.template.php and MessgeIndex.temlate.php. I't not hard.

linette97

Ok Johny! Thanks! I've downloaded Notepad++ to help me with all this editing stuff! I will do this tomorrow and let you know how things went! THANKS again!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,

MultiformeIngegno

Hi!
This MOD doesn't work with the beta 4... :(
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Bulakbol

I'll update this first then.

MultiformeIngegno

RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

SlipperyDuck

I've tried and Tried, but I can't quite fathom the code - I'm not proficient enough in PHP.
Every time I try appending the code from the 3rd/4th (and from several of your other examples done for others) I get some strange message that it cannot load my index.php because of a ' or / in the wrong place or something. I'm stumped after trying for a few days.

My theme is 7dana, i think it's not your usual theme, perhaps explains why the code doesnt work? Not sure.

Anyway I'm attaching the BoardIndex and MessageIndex ....
simply because I'd love to have this installed on my forum and I'm stumped - I've managed to manually add a bunch of other mods, just stumped with this one.

Bulakbol

I'll see what I can do. Bit busy because of mods update so, it might take a while.

<edit>
SlipperyDuck
   I can't find your theme. I can'r make changes withour a copy of your theme.
</edit>

masternewbie

JohnyB,

I can't seem to upload images to the ImagesOnBoard folder using my FTP client. I tried two different ones and also tried to change mod the file permissions to 777 and it would not accept. It seems to be stuck on 755. I also tried to change it in my control panel and it also would not accept the change to 777.

I was wondering if this has to do with something on my server hosting or is it something that I can resolve easily?

I am missing something here and can't figure what it is. I was trying to upload images to the directory through FTP. 

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Bulakbol

Talk to your host. Maybe they don't want you to upload anything.

masternewbie

Quote from: JohnyB on September 13, 2008, 06:21:12 PM
Talk to your host. Maybe they don't want you to upload anything.

I will do that.

What is strange is I am able to upload everything into every directory except that ImagesOnBoard directory.

Advertisement: