News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Images On Board

Started by Bulakbol, June 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyHorse80

Quote from: Nugget on June 25, 2008, 02:59:10 PM
Here's an idea - instead of the image being beside the board name - shift it to the left and replace the SMF image logo.
The default SMF logos in a vertical row do not look the best.
Nugget

Try this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=126263.0
Bye,
PS

Bulakbol

@FerociousSM 
   Do you still need assistance?

@Gary1953,  jezzb, keyboard
   Thanks a bunch for trying/using this mod. :)

@Relyana
   That's great! You found out that this mod is not hard to install manually. Congratz!

@nugget.
   CrazyHorse80 is correct. There's a mod for altering board icons already. It is called "Custom Board Icon" or CBI in short. :)
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

MaXiForum.cz

Hi, help me anybody with BlueAce theme? - attach
It´s a perfekt mod and I don't know how modificated this theme :-[
Pls. I am sad...  :-\  O:)
THX  ;) :)

7earitup

Hey JohnyB,

Could you edit these for me? I tried doing it manually but failed utterly everytime. I really appreciate any help, even if you just point me to a guide.

Thanks  :D

EDIT: PS> JohnyB - I would also like your Avatar on Board mod implemented too if possible. Thanks

Bulakbol

@MaxiPes.
  Upload your BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php.

@7earitup.
  I will get back to you with your files. Remind me about the AvatarOnBoard here
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

MaXiForum.cz

2 JohnyB it is in attach :) THX ;)

Bulakbol

Quote from: MaxiPes on June 27, 2008, 01:45:41 AM
2 JohnyB it is in attach :) THX ;)

Ok MaxiPes, I'll look at them later. I'll get back to you.

MaXiForum.cz

Quote from: JohnyB on June 27, 2008, 01:49:14 AM
Ok MaxiPes, I'll look at them later. I'll get back to you.

THX JohnyB ;) :)

Bulakbol

@MaxiPes.
   Here's your BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php. Install the mod first before using them. Make a back up the original ones.

@7earitup.
   I am adding the AvatarOnBoard as well so it is taking me a while. What custom theme are you using?

jepot5

hey JohnyB can u please help me too?
i tried doing it myself and here's what happened
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=246644.0

Bulakbol

Attach your BoardIndex.template.php. What custom theme are you using?

edit: Got it. I need the name of your theme to make sure.

@jpot5.
   I can't do the edit for you if you won't tell me the name of the theme you are using.

jepot5

dark fantasy
sorry for the late reply

Bulakbol

Got it. Here's your BoardIndex.template.php jpot5. Thanks for using this mod.

jepot5

thanks heaps that worked

7earitup

@ JohnyB

The themes name is colatesi_v3. It is attached below. Alot of the stuff is in Turkish, which I have been converting to English so I can use it on my website at http://www.go-diaf.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=60 [nofollow]

Thanks  :D

Holyfrey

Thanks JohnyB you are so nice, big big thanks.

runvs

Installations actions for "Images On Board":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Code    ImagesOnBoardDB115.php    
2.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/images/ImagesOnBoard    
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/MessageIndex.php    Test failed
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/babylon/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/babylon/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/classic/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/classic/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
14.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/shinyblue115/BoardIndex.template.php    Skipping file
15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/shinyblue115/MessageIndex.template.php    Skipping file
16.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
17.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
18.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish.php    Test successful
19.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.turkish.php    Skipping file
20.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.portuguese.php    Skipping file
21.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.portuguese-utf8.php    Skipping file
22.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.brazilian.php    Skipping file
23.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.brazilian-utf8.php    Skipping file
24.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.italian.php    Skipping file

Using default theme
smf 1.1.5
Help me I'm a noob

Bulakbol

@7earitup.
Ok, I just got the theme that you attached. I'll get back to you.

@runvs.
You can send me a copy of your default/MessageIndex.php before you install the mod.  After I send it back to you, then install the mod.

<EDIT>
@7earitup
Sorry, I just did the imagesOnBoard for now. I tried to insert the AvatarOnBoard but I am having a hard time. Messy codes is to be blamed. I will try again next time. I'll let you know when it's done.
MessageIndex.template.php and BoardfIndex.template.php with imagesOnBoard mod attached.
</EDIT>

secangel

JohnyB,

I have manually installed the mod on the smfone_multicolour theme, smf 1.1.5

at hxxp:www.secblitz.com [nonactive] and am getting this at the top of every forum page:

$txt['board_image'] = 'Name of image for this board:
Include file extension. (i.e. xx.gif)';

Can you please tell me what I have done wrong?  Please

Bulakbol

Hi secangel.
    Open default/languages/Modifications.english.php and look for ?> tag. Move that tag at the very end of the file and must be on it's own line. Like this.

Quote$txt['board_image'] = '<b>Name of image for this board:</b><br />Include file extension. (i.e. xx.gif)';
?>

Advertisement: