News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Images On Board

Started by Bulakbol, June 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xPreatorianx

I need some help with this. Im using Black rain v.2 latest version with SMF 1.1.8 and cannot for the life of me find the code in the files to edit.

Im attaching my files so someone can help me. Thanks if anyone can! :)

Bulakbol

@PRaDiUS
Here's your MessageIndex.php. Use this file before installing the mod, not after.

@WVPreacher
as C4G-TK said, what theme are you using?

<edit>
@xPreatorianx
I'll get back to you. I'll have to find time to edit your two files.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

adi4u

I wants to place image in board how can i apply i am facing this problem.. i apply all thing on image have a look on it and give me any suggestion what can i do for that

Bulakbol

@adi4u
Did you try what I told you in the other topic? Try typing stop.png in the Name of image for this board textbox and see what will happen.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

adi4u

Quote from: Bulakbol on April 05, 2009, 08:07:12 AM
@adi4u
Did you try what I told you in the other topic? Try typing stop.png in the Name of image for this board textbox and see what will happen.

Sir that is not working.. but thanks i found the solution for that  thanks alot

foobs

Cannot get the images to show on the board, tried everything. Hopefully you can find something in these templates that points to the problem.

PRaDiUS

You are the MAN! Thanks so much for your help and this great mod.

Quote from: Bulakbol on April 05, 2009, 04:27:18 AM
@PRaDiUS
Here's your MessageIndex.php. Use this file before installing the mod, not after.

[ RGXbox.com ]

Bulakbol

@PRaDiUS
You're welcome.

@foobs
What theme are you using? I edited your BoardIndex.template.php. Your MessageIndex.template.php is fine. Try the attached file. Use it after you installed the mod. If there's problem, I want to know the theme you are using so I can test the modified files.

sandmannd

Quote from: Bulakbol on February 25, 2009, 11:07:33 PM
@fotografo74
The default link for image is the board's url. If you want to link the image somewhere else, you have to enter the url in the "Link for the above image:" text box. For example, try to enter the following when modifying a board.
Name of image for this board:  stop.png
Link for the above image: http://www.simplemachines.org

I have a problem of when I go to do this I just have "name of image for this board" listed twice. I have nothing that  How do I fix this?  It seems to be working ok, but I just checked it and it's listed three times. I modified the messageboard.php and didn't see anything in there in triplicate.

By the way, thanks for the fix to get the banner under the board name. Looks awesome now. Thank you for all you do with this mod.

xPreatorianx

IM sorry to bother you johnny. Was wondering how is the edits going for you? The ones I requested. Only reason why im alittle impatient is because im trying to get a deadline to my staff so they can create custom icons  for my forum.

But ill leave ya alone :)

foobs

Quote from: Bulakbol on April 05, 2009, 08:36:35 PM
@foobs
What theme are you using? I edited your BoardIndex.template.php. Your MessageIndex.template.php is fine. Try the attached file. Use it after you installed the mod. If there's problem, I want to know the theme you are using so I can test the modified files.

That worked perfectly, thanks!

WVPreacher

Quote from: C4G-TK on April 04, 2009, 08:22:09 PM
@WVPreacher

The reasons your tests failed are because you probably have other mods which altered the code that this mod is looking for when testing the edits.

1) What version of SMF are you using?

Also, if you aren't going to be using the other themes, all you need to worry about are #10 & #11.

2) Are you using default theme or are you using all three of these themes?

All the failed tests mean is you will have to edit these manually.
Quote from: Bulakbol on April 05, 2009, 04:27:18 AM
@WVPreacher
as C4G-TK said, what theme are you using?

My apologies, I keep forgetting to post the version.  I'm using 1.1.8 and no, I do not use the Babylon theme.  I do use Default and a modified version if His Own by Crip.  Jade(Alundra) was kind enough to update His Own to work with Version 1.1.8

Bulakbol

@xPreatorianx
Oppss sorry, thanks for bumping. I forgot. Here's your edited files. Use them after installing this mod.

@WVPreacher
Attach the BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php of the theme you are using. I'll find time to edit them for you.

@foobs
You're welcome.  8)

@sandmannd
Check your ManageBoards.template.php and remove the duplicated code.

6aro

Hi, this is Bulgarian translation UTF-8

$txt['disable_iob'] = 'Непказвай  картинките в таблицата.';
$txt['board_image'] = 'Име на картинката за тази таблица';
$txt['board_image_desc'] = 'Валидни фаилови разширения. (т.е. stop.png)';
$txt['board_img_link'] = 'Линк до картинката';
$txt['board_img_link_desc'] = '(т.е. http://www.simplemachines.org)';

$txt['upload_title'] = 'Качи картинки';
$txt['select_files'] = 'Избери файл';
$txt['valid_file_types'] = 'Валидните типове файл са';
$txt['invalid_file_extension'] = 'Съжалявам. <span style="color: #FF0000;">%s</span> е невалидно фаилово разширение. Качването е прекратено.<br />';
$txt['upload_failed'] = '<span style="color: #FF0000;">Качването провалено! Неизвестна грешка.</span><br />';
$txt['file_too_big'] = 'Съжалявам. <span style="color: #FF0000;">%s</span> е твърде голям. Качването е прекратено<br/>';
$txt['file_cannot_move'] = '<span style="color: #FF0000;">%s</span> неможеда се премести.  Неизвестна грешка.';
$txt['upload_successful'] = '<span style="color: blue;">файла е качен успешно. Благодария Ви.</span> - %s<br />';
$txt['file_exists'] = 'Съжалявам. %s вече съществува. Пробвай друг файл или смени име.<br/>';
$txt['maximum_allowed'] = 'Максималния размер разрешен от хоста е <strong>%s</strong> kilobytes или <strong>%d</strong> megabytes.<br />';
$txt['maximum_upload']  = 'Максималния размер на файл за качване е <strong>%s</strong> kilobytes или  <strong>%d</strong> megabyte(s).<br /><br />';

Bulakbol

Members can do this modification without using this customization so if you want to do it yourself, see this topic.

nina-nina

Would this mod work on my forum? I am using 1.1.8 and I have a custom theme named Callisto.

Bulakbol

@nina-nina
You have to edit your BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.tamplate.php of your custom theme.

nina-nina

Quote from: Bulakbol on May 02, 2009, 07:12:52 PM
@nina-nina
You have to edit your BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.tamplate.php of your custom theme.

And how should I edit those? :o

sandmannd

I have a quesiton for you Johny. I while ago you helped me so the images were under the name of the board and it's great. I started adding images to some child boards and those show up a little goofy again. Do you know where I would go to image that?

Here's what I'm talkig about:
http://www.uppermidwestoutdoors.com/index.php?board=119.0

And I would like them to look like this:
http://www.uppermidwestoutdoors.com/index.php?action=forum

Bulakbol

@nina-nina
You mean... you haven't done any edits before? Download the file in question to your PC using FTP program, edit the file and upload it back. Don't forget to make a backup just in case something goes wrong.  How do I use FTP? / What is FTP?

@sandmannd
I have to look at your BoardIndex.template.php tho. Then I can tell you what to do.

Advertisement: