News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Drafts

Started by live627, June 24, 2008, 01:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbsothere

Quote from: Sabre™ on July 27, 2010, 06:52:13 PM
Spuds, there's no need to remove your version mate, you put alot of work into it, and assisted those when nobody else was.
A very good job mate, and the pages back show how many have appreciated it :)

+1!!    ;)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

~DS~

That's what I said, since I think I make him upset. :(
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

TheListener

There's too many people think with their mouth.

:)

How long has DP been at 94% now?

gbsothere

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on July 27, 2010, 06:58:42 PM

Maybe he'll come back and read this and realize you didn't mean it that way.   ;)

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on July 27, 2010, 04:46:14 PMNo, no no. I was not trying to be hostile, but I am glad you actually did get it to work for the community. It certainly shows that you contributes when the author had not update in a while. :)
I am sorry if I am being snarky.

Cheers.
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Sabre™

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on July 27, 2010, 06:58:42 PM

Yeah, intentionally or not, your post did seem to hold a bit of attitude, but to be fair, Spuds comment you replied to did hold a little 'tone' in itself.
Just a little emotional content on both parties, stemmed from my mentioning of the update.
So be angry at me peeps, not at each other :)
Now that's sorted, may we carry on? :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Sabre™

Quote from: Spuds on July 27, 2010, 10:04:54 PM
...I will re-post the package after I make a change to convert over the 1.1 drafts table (if it finds it), so its 2.0 naming compliant.  That will help with folks who want to upgrade.

Good idea mate :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Sakae

Quote from: Spuds on July 27, 2010, 10:04:54 PM
...I will re-post the package after I make a change to convert over the 1.1 drafts table (if it finds it), so its 2.0 naming compliant.  That will help with folks who want to upgrade.

Awesome, Spuds.

You have all my support, since the official release of Drafts mod has no plans on upgrading.

I'm probably your biggest supporter to keep updating YOUR drafts mod.
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Cal O'Shaw

Hello,

Just want to understand, there is no enhancements for SMF 1.1.x users?

I think it's super Spuds has provided a path to 2.0.0 for 1.1.x users of this MOD (fantastic work there!).

Since I've heard comments about work on RC4, I'm presuming a final release late this year, early nest year.  And running Production sites is not recommended by SMF, a lot of people will still be on 1.1.x next year.

Any chance that at least the "sticky" problem I've been asking about for well over a year might be fixed for 1.1.x users?

Grazie

Cal

gbsothere

Quote from: Cal O'Shaw on July 30, 2010, 11:31:34 PM
Hello,

Just want to understand, there is no enhancements for SMF 1.1.x users?

I think it's super Spuds has provided a path to 2.0.0 for 1.1.x users of this MOD (fantastic work there!).

Since I've heard comments about work on RC4, I'm presuming a final release late this year, early nest year.  And running Production sites is not recommended by SMF, a lot of people will still be on 1.1.x next year.

Any chance that at least the "sticky" problem I've been asking about for well over a year might be fixed for 1.1.x users?

Grazie

Cal

Just wanted to add a comment here:  I have my (1.1.11/default) users copy and paste the contents of the drafts they've been saving, rather than click "Post".  Clicking "Post it" or even clicking "modify" and then posting causes sticky threads to become "un-sticky".  I hate asking my users to do this, but not more than I hate running around re-stickying topics.   :)

gbsothere

Spuds, thanks for that!   :)

I'll give it a go, today, on my test site and let you know.  I appreciate your efforts.

Edit:   Sadly, there's no change but I'll tell you something interesting (and this happened yesterday, before applying your edits, but I guess I thought it was a fluke and didn't pursue it):  When I click "Post It" (from within my profile/saved drafts) it's not returning me to the sticky I created a draft on.  It's returning me to the "Welcome To SMF!" thread (which is the original "first" thread on my test board).  It is "unstickying" the Sticky thread I post to, and it is posting there; it's just not returning me to that thread, but to the board's original thread (actually within that thread).  I don't know if Cal O'Shaw is experiencing this as well, but I do find it odd.  I'm always returned to the thread I post on (having set that option in Profile) unless I'm posting a draft, in which case, I'm returned to that old thread I mentioned.  Odd behavior, and I don't know if it's a contributing factor to Sticky threads losing their sticky?  (Testing on a plain unstickied thread doesn't affect the Sticky threads but it still returns me to that original thread, instead of the one I'm posting on and, again, only when posting a draft, not when posting outright.)

All this jabberwocky in the hopes that it might shed some light on why this is happening.  I know you don't want to get bogged down in troubleshooting the 1.1.x version and I quite understand and respect that, Spuds.

Charles Hill

Hello All,

Sorry I've been gone for so long.  The past couple months I've finally had a bunch of time to get things done that I've been too busy to do for a while.  As I told Spuds, I now had time to revisit the drafts mod.  I've been working the past few days on it.  Here are the changes as of now:

! Fixed Sticky problem
! Fixed breaking-spaces and general html entities problems
! Log actions, notifications, member post count updates, and mark read now done properly after posting a draft using "Post it!"
! Improved redirects (after deleting / posting drafts)
! Minimized edits to SMF Source files by separating Drafts source code into its own source file
! Eliminated edits to SMF Language files by separating Drafts txt strings into its own language files
! Minimized edits to SMF Template files by separating Drafts templates into its own template file
! Eliminated inline css
- Dropped support for other modifications
+ Polls now supported
+ Added board select on post form for new topics
+ Support for SMF 2.0 added

Additionally, the install package will allow those of you already using version 1.08 of the drafts mod to upgrade to the latest version.  Obviously, if you are using SMF 2.0 you will have to install (as drafts 1.08 did not support SMF 2.0).

You should expect to see version 2.0.1 of the drafts mod within a couple days at the most.

Sakae

Thank you Charles! I'm uninstalling Spuds version and installing you now...

Charles Hill

Quote from: Sakae on August 05, 2010, 05:02:18 PM
Thank you Charles! I'm uninstalling Spuds version and installing you now...

My version is not available yet.  Also,  I couldn't get the upgrade script to behave properly.  So if you have an  old version of drafts installed, you'll have to uninstall first before installing 2.0.1.  Your current drafts will be retained.

Sakae

I kindly noted something was wrong... LOL

Waiting for the release :)

Charles Hill

Got it working well on both SMF 1.1.11 and SMF 2.0 RC3.  Additionally I tested an installation of drafts 2.0.1 on a SMF 1.1.11 forum that had previously had drafts 1.08 installed and then uninstalled.  Worked great.  Going to run a few more tests and I just sent an email to Spuds requesting a detailed description of the database table(s) he used for his version of the drafts mod so that I can write in the necessary code to upgrade the db properly (and successfully transfer over existing drafts).

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Hi Charles. This is off topic. I was wanting to ask you this since I see your post lately. Actually I am wondering whether you have any intention to continue with your zCommunity Mod anymore. I can't see any other mod similar to it until now. It is a very good mod and I really hope you can continue completing it.

Charles Hill

Quote from: ahrasis on August 05, 2010, 07:57:12 PM
Hi Charles. This is off topic. I was wanting to ask you this since I see your post lately. Actually I am wondering whether you have any intention to continue with your zCommunity Mod anymore. I can't see any other mod similar to it until now. It is a very good mod and I really hope you can continue completing it.

It was a very big project.  I seriously doubt I'll have the time to do something like that right now or anytime soon.  What about it did you like the most?  Your input could help me come up with a mod that is smaller in scope/scale, but just as useful.  But again, no promises.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Well, I am still using it despite no support. It is working fine with SMF 2.0 RC3. I have worked some of the templates myself but is still nice. You can see it here: http://ahrasis.com/?blog=2.0

Cal O'Shaw

Mr. Hill,

Welcome back!

Testing out your MOD on our 1.1.11 site right now.

Just wondering if at some point it might be possible for Admins to know how many drafts are in use.  Not who has how many (although that could help), and certainly not be able to look at them, but just to get an idea of how much the feature is used.  I would think the call for a count of how many drafts are in the drafts table would not require a lot of resource, but then I'm not writing the call :).

If not, no worries, but it would be helpful if possible.

Again, welcome back, and grazie mille!

Cal

RAULVK

I can not erase the drafts save of my profile, help please.

Advertisement: