Advertisement:

Author Topic: A Status Update  (Read 182111 times)

Offline Peter Duggan

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Hero
    • Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?
Re: A Status Update
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2004, 05:50:49 AM »
ah ha, not asking for any exact dates, just a slightly generalized ETA based on the Seasons of 2004.

Sorry, can't do that... since it's winter now for most of us but summer for some, the potential for hemispherical confusion is simply too great! :-X

Offline pulpitfire

• Sophist Member
  • This is what the php parser looks like.
    • Pulpitfire Devotionals
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2004, 09:11:31 AM »
but in software it usually doesnt mean that there will be multiple candidates at one time... in fact with SMF I assume there will be one after another until one is released that is deemed stable and complete enough for v1.0 status.

yes, exactly.  v1.0 (candidate), v2.0 (candidate), v2.5 (candidate), v3.14 (candidate), etc.

Offline Cadish

« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2004, 09:12:51 AM »
but in software it usually doesnt mean that there will be multiple candidates at one time... in fact with SMF I assume there will be one after another until one is released that is deemed stable and complete enough for v1.0 status.

yes, exactly.  v1.0 (candidate), v2.0 (candidate), v2.5 (candidate), v3.14 (candidate), etc.
Actually, it's v-3.1415 >:D

Offline pulpitfire

• Sophist Member
    • Pulpitfire Devotionals
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2004, 09:13:40 AM »

Actually, it's v-3.1415 >:D

Offline treo

« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2004, 09:16:31 AM »
-Pi ^^

Offline [Unknown]

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Master
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2004, 03:39:50 PM »
Actually, it's 1.0 BETA -3.1415.  It is not by any means version 3.14.  Nor is it a release candidate.

-[Unknown]

Offline pulpitfire

• Sophist Member
    • Pulpitfire Devotionals
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2004, 04:05:31 PM »
[sidetrack]an example isn't supposed to be an exact equivelant in every regard (e.g. a pool que is like a stick, but that doesn't mean it is exactly equivelant to a stick in every way, or that it is incorrect to say it's like one).[/sidetrack] 

Offline Jim Yarbro

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Hero
  • a.k.a. Cheschire
    • Warpstorm
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2004, 11:12:32 PM »
Sorry, can't do that... since it's winter now for most of us but summer for some, the potential for hemispherical confusion is simply too great! :-X

So in the southern hemisphere, would the releases spin the opposite direction than the north? Does South America have beta +3.1415 right now?
Just because SMF isn't as bloated as you want it from the start doesn't mean it can't be. -[Unknown]

^ This means keep Simple Machines SIMPLE, and let people make ****** as complex as they want on their own. Stop making ****** so complex in the core!!

Offline [Unknown]

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Master
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2004, 02:50:59 AM »

So in the southern hemisphere, would the releases spin the opposite direction than the north? Does South America have beta +3.1415 right now?

Yes.  I have a very special virus installed on all the computers that browse this site and/or use the beta that switches it.  Even if they say otherwise, this is just because of the virus.

It was difficult to write, but very effective and fun.

-[Unknown]

Offline Fizzy

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Hero
  • SMF World Domination
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2004, 04:04:24 AM »

So at the equator that would mean that they get SMF 1.0 Beta Nil ?   ;D
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A.E.

Offline Reeka @ The Silver River

• The Silver River
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2004, 10:05:03 AM »

Yes.  I have a very special virus installed on all the computers that browse this site and/or use the beta that switches it.  Even if they say otherwise, this is just because of the virus.

It was difficult to write, but very effective and fun.

-[Unknown]

So, now my computer is lying to me.  ;)

Offline Anguz

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Hero
    • cristianlavaque.com
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2004, 12:28:11 PM »

So at the equator that would mean that they get SMF 1.0 Beta Nil ?   ;D

no, I guess it'd be 0
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Offline loudog

• The Diecast Diner
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2004, 05:41:10 AM »
You guys are so funny...................

NOT

I'm patient, and I'll wait as long as it takes, but for some people this isn't a joke, nor is the constant humor which seems only funny to the insiders on this site helpful in regards to release dates, and version numbers. If you guys want to have a respected, popular software, that will encourage future Charter members, and long time website users, this isn't a good selling point. I've visited this site every day since the new site opened in anticipation of some great new things, and I'm sure they will be at some point, but either don't say anything, or release the software. This just doesn't strike me as funny, or professional after months and months of regurgitated humor.
For every day I visit this site and read these types of post, I put off signing up for a Charter membership another day, and gain more patients in waiting for the free version. It was funny the first few hundred times.  It seems like such a waste of time and talent to continue with this nonsense. Sorry I'm so harsh, bash me if you will, but I liked this group of people allot better prior to SMF. Don't ruin a good thing..........................
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 05:53:14 AM by loudog »