Theme Help

Started by PoweredByPie, January 19, 2005, 07:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoweredByPie

I've made a new theme based off the default one.  It all works fine, except for one small error in IE only.  I made it thinner, and the top information is centered just fine in FireFox, but in IE it stays all the way over to one side.  I've tried many times to get the it to center, but the only way I cound get it to center centered the information with it.  Does anyone now where to change it to center it for IE?

hxxp:tangibleabstract.info/forums/index.php [nonactive]

A.M.A

In your index.template.php could you please post 8 lines starting from:
// Because of the way width/padding are calculated, we have to tell Internet Explorer 4 and 5 that the content should be 100% wide. (or else it will assume about 108%!)
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

PoweredByPie

echo '
<div id="headerarea" style="padding: 12px 30px 4px 30px;', $context['browser']['needs_size_fix'] && !$context['browser']['is_ie6'] ? ' width: 100%;' : '', '">';

// The logo and the three info boxes.
echo '
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center" width="750" style="position: relative;">
<tr>
<td colspan="2" valign="bottom" style="padding: 5px; white-space: nowrap;">';

That 8 lines starting for where you said.

Kirby

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" align="center" width="750" style="position: relative;"> <--- try adding text-align: left; to the style...

PoweredByPie

Thanks, that worked.  I centered and used the text-align to get it to stay the left.  Thanks for the help.

Kirby

Advertisement: