News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Limit A Guests Daily PageViews

Started by vbgamer45, July 13, 2008, 06:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

linette97

Tested and it works great!! Thanks!!
Watch Documentaries Online!

Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
Today is a gift,
That's why it's called the Present.

.LORD.

Quote from: Mystery? on May 25, 2009, 12:22:35 PM
I just want to limit the amount of guest views on each topic.

Ok, I will plan to add the option to choose the style of restriction.

Quote from: linette97 on May 28, 2009, 01:11:13 AM
Quote from: NIBOGO on May 28, 2009, 03:20:49 PM
Quote from: linette97 on May 28, 2009, 01:11:13 AM

You are welcome

Topics Merged?  :)

tienf

I have just code a little lines to allow bots, spiders, for who like it  O:), use it as your own risk

// Sanitize - cast as integer / prevent undefined index - especially after initial install of mod
$modSettings['limited_views'] = empty($modSettings['limited_views']) ? 0 : (int)$modSettings['limited_views'];

//  MODIFICATION GOES HERE
//  Allow common spiders/bots to index without views limitation
$interestingCrawlers = array(
'Teoma',   
'alexa',
'froogle',
'inktomi',
'looksmart',
'URL_Spider_SQL',
'Firefly',
'NationalDirectory',
'Ask Jeeves',
'TECNOSEEK',
'InfoSeek',
'WebFindBot',
'girafabot',
'crawler',
'www.galaxy.com',
'Googlebot',
'MSNBot',
'Scooter',
'Slurp',
'appie',
'FAST',
'WebBug',
'Spade',
'ZyBorg',
'rabaz',
'bot',
'spider');
$pattern = '/(' . implode('|', $interestingCrawlers) .')/';
$matches = array();
$numMatches = preg_match($pattern, strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']), $matches, 'i');
if($numMatches > 0) // Found a match
{
if(isset($_SESSION['limited_views']))
unset($_SESSION['limited_views']);
return;
}

The -L-

Is there any chanse to get something like this mod on RC 1-1???

Mystery?

Quote from: .LORD. on June 01, 2009, 05:15:16 PM

When are you going to add it? I really need it for my forum.
Join my NEW website that I just created and be a big part of it (July 30, 2010): http://www.gamerstatic.net

LHW

Nice work, .Lord..  Works like a charm!  ;D

.LORD.

Quote from: Mystery? on July 06, 2009, 07:00:27 PM
Quote from: .LORD. on June 01, 2009, 05:15:16 PM

I will not have vacations until the end of this week.

If I forget it, please, notify me.

Quote from: tienf on July 05, 2009, 07:33:37 AM
I have just code a little lines to allow bots, spiders, for who like it  O:), use it as your own risk

Thanks, for some people it will be usefull. But don't forget, it is Black Hat SEO is penalized for the search engines.

Quote from: The -L- on July 06, 2009, 09:17:51 AM
Is there any chanse to get something like this mod on RC 1-1???

Yes, this MOD.

Quote from: Lord High Warlock on July 06, 2009, 08:30:51 PM
Nice work, .Lord..  Works like a charm!  ;D

ElectricSquid

I could really use this MOD, but the SEO thing sucks.
So I'm trying to figure out a way around it.

Could it be possible to to simply block the guest and dish up the login/register page every X amount of page views, but on the next pageview, reset the count.

So basically, I could view the site as a guest, but every 5 pageloads, I would get the register page instead. On the 6th pageload, I would be back to surfing as normal untill I hit the 10th pageload, then I'd get the register page again, etc...

... and if that is possible, is there a way to tell the bot not to index every 5th pageload?

reel

Beatifull topic. Tukish language modifcation

Modifications.turkish.php
Search
?>

After paste
$txt['limited_views_remaining_singular'] = ' günlük sayfa gösterimi';
$txt['limited_views_remaining_plural'] = ' sayfa görüntülemeniz kaldı';
$txt['limited_views'] = 'Gün başına sayfa gösterim limiti<div class="smalltext">0 limitsiz</div>';
$txt['limited_views_message'] = 'Ziyaretciler için günlük %s sayfa gösterim limiti doldurdunuz.<br /> Konulara rahatca girebilmek ve faydalanmak için lütfen <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login"><font color="red">GİRİŞ<font></a><font color="black"> yapın yada <font><a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register"><font color="red">KAYIT<font></a><font color="black"> olun<font>.';
$txt['limited_views_title'] = 'Yönetim Mesajı';

Demo: hxxp:www.dexignhouse.com [nonactive]
Topic wiev limit 20

.LORD.

A new version have been released. With new feature, and more lite.

Quote from: Mystery? on July 06, 2009, 07:00:27 PM

Sorry for delay. This version meets all your needs. :)

Quote from: ∑£ℓ¢†®¡¢ §ợų¡đ on July 28, 2009, 01:06:52 PM
Could it be possible to to simply block the guest and dish up the login/register page every X amount of page views, but on the next pageview, reset the count.

So basically, I could view the site as a guest, but every 5 pageloads, I would get the register page instead. On the 6th pageload, I would be back to surfing as normal untill I hit the 10th pageload, then I'd get the register page again, etc...

I like the idea. I'll do it for the next version.

Can you think the name can have that feature?  :-\

Quote from: ∑£ℓ¢†®¡¢ §ợų¡đ on July 28, 2009, 01:06:52 PM
... and if that is possible, is there a way to tell the bot not to index every 5th pageload?

No sorry, it is Black Hat SEO.

Quote from: reel on July 29, 2009, 04:12:53 PM
Beatifull topic. Tukish language modifcation

Modifications.turkish.php
Search
?>

After paste
$txt['limited_views_remaining_singular'] = ' günlük sayfa gösterimi';
$txt['limited_views_remaining_plural'] = ' sayfa görüntülemeniz kaldı';
$txt['limited_views'] = 'Gün başına sayfa gösterim limiti<div class="smalltext">0 limitsiz</div>';
$txt['limited_views_message'] = 'Ziyaretciler için günlük %s sayfa gösterim limiti doldurdunuz.<br /> Konulara rahatca girebilmek ve faydalanmak için lütfen <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=login"><font color="red">GİRİŞ<font></a><font color="black"> yapın yada <font><a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register"><font color="red">KAYIT<font></a><font color="black"> olun<font>.';
$txt['limited_views_title'] = 'Yönetim Mesajı';

Demo: www.dexignhouse.com
Topic wiev limit 20

Thanks for translate.

All translations to date in the package.

Rohan_

Hello Lord How are you .. bro i dont want to show the x views remaining today in every page's title to guests i want to keep the original title as it is .. how do i do this .. and 1 more thing .. can we give full access to bots and spiders ? please help me
Proud To Be An Indian

Rohan_

This mod is a real big time waste .. if u like your forum then please do not install this mod .. it hardly fck the forum . i intalled it it worked for some time but after 12:00 AM my forum started giving errors to my guests .. i lost my 50000 pageviews in 10 minutes .. i uninstalled it manually .. i request to the staff of SMF to remove this mod from this site .. this mod is not safe .. this mod does not work 24 hours ..  some time it work and site time it give errors .. BIG TIME WASTE AND REP WASTE OF SITE
Proud To Be An Indian

aw06

Just realize that with this mod .. if you close the browser and re-open it the count is reset ...
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

aw06

How can i remove the amount of views left from the message index ??
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

SN

this is not working for me.... everything installed fine for me

i set it to 5 daily views, but the counter only goes to 4 and then stops, and they can view as many pages a they want

help please

SN

Rohan_

Proud To Be An Indian

SN

ii changd my permissions to ''Enable advanced by-board permissions''  and its working now

anakmacan

Advertisement: