Converting Posts

Started by Tyris, September 08, 2003, 02:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyris

Hi... just wondering if the converter from YaBBSE to SMF will convert any old [bbc] tags to new ones...
more specifically, will it convert:
;D (from YaBBSE) into :D (for SMF)
and
:D into :D as well...
and if so.. will
;) be converted into ;) or ;D

the main thing is that ;D is a big smile, not a winking smile in YaBBSE.
(perhaps the converter can ask the admin what they want ;)???)

[Unknown]

It will leave those unparsed.... so, in the post data it will still show up as ";)" and then the smilie parser will parse it accordingly.

-[Unknown]

Tyris

so, basically that would mean that where people intended for a :D smilie to appear, a ;D smilie will appear... (I knew they would be unparsed... I mean have the converter change all '; D' in posts to ': D' (without the space) so that a smilie that looks the same is used.)
Looks like a small script I'll have to write myself ;)
Thanx for the quick reply.

[Unknown]

Oh no, these smilies aren't planned to be used in the distribution.

-[Unknown]

eFishie

--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

Tyris

O, I see.
So will be getting a similar pack to the old forums? or something new...? or what?
And does that mean that the SMF community layout won't be the default layout (ie: the one we see here, is that specifically for this board, or is it the default layout?)
And if not, any chance of a bit of a looksie at the default layout ;) ??

*seconds the "whaaaaaaa! why not?"* They're mighty fine smilies!! *shuts up just incase they've got something even better for launch :D*

bostasp

These are good smilies... you can't just not include them :(

Don't make me right click and save every one...

eFishie

You're serious about that, aren't you?
--Jon

Abstraction Point Electronic Music Community - We don't bite! Really! I promise!

Check out my newest song: Alive

bostasp

Advertisement: