News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Conversion problem(s)

Started by Rbbn39, July 15, 2008, 01:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbbn39

Hi all,

I just converted my forum from IPB 2.3.5 to SMF 1.1.5. But now it is ready there are two problems.

The first one:

In the signs of people everything doesn't work. Example of a sign who isn't changed since the conversion:

[div align=\'center\'][img]hxxp:i26.tinypic.com/2a9qom9.png%5C [nonactive]" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /][/div][div align=\'center\'][size=]Italië-Nederland  0-3[/size][/div]

The second one:

Normally I use SMF often, so I don't have little problems anymore, but now when I am using the package installer to install something I get the problem that when I click on Install now I get a 500 error-page and nothing is installed.

SleePy

Are you talking about signatures?

Are you able to provide a snippet of what is in the database itself (not on the ipb board)? The converter may need changed to correctly convert the ipb style bbc code to regular bbc code.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Rbbn39

Quote from: SleePy on July 15, 2008, 02:13:19 PM
Are you talking about signatures?

Are you able to provide a snippet of what is in the database itself (not on the ipb board)? The converter may need changed to correctly convert the ipb style bbc code to regular bbc code.

I mean indead the signatures.

What do u need of the database? Just a snipett of the BBC code or...?

SleePy

have you used phpMyAdmin?

I wanted you to go to the users table. Find one of the users who is not having their signature converted correctly. Then click edit on their name and copy and paste into here (or in a text file and attach it here) the signature in its raw form.
That is the form that is being stored in the database, which will help me know where the converter might be missing during its massive regex it does on IPB to try and correct the bbc code.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

rbbot

I just had the same problem, and found the following bugs in the conversion script:

1. The preg_replace call for signatures had an addslashes() around it that shouldn't be there. It caused all single and double quotes in signatures to be double-escaped and the slashes to appear in the HTML output.

2. All the replacement expressions [size=$2] should be [size=$1]. This bug was also present in the regular expression for personal messages.

3. IPB can have invalid interleaved HTML  bold and italics tags in its signatures - e.g. "<i><b><span>Text</i></b></span>". Not sure what, if anything, can be done about that, so it isn't fixed.

4. It doesn't cope with center and right alignment where IPB has used div tags. I've added a regex to do this, but its not 100% reliable. It will go wrong if centered text is nested inside right-aligned text or vice-versa (as both have a bare </div> to terminate them so it generates output of [ CENTER][ RIGHT]text[ /CENTER][ /RIGHT]), but its better than not converting them.

5. Quotes weren't converted properly if the post number of date fields were present but empty. I've modified the patterns for "quoteo" in all regular expressions in the conversion script.

6. Images in signatures have a class="linked-sig-image" attribute that wasn't catered for by the conversion.

SleePy

1. Thanks I fixed that

2. I could only find this in my 2.0 converter. I didn't see it in the 1.1 converter for ipb 2.3.

3. Not much can be done here. That is for one illegal html and SMF doesn't always like it either really since it complicates the bbc parser if we allow out of order bbc and can make the bbc parser work harder and less secure (As it may mean the contents could contain html and we don't want to allow that).

4. Hmm. I see your regex and I don't see why it would have those. You are not accepting white space in the regex so that is weird.
Well, This may work for your replacement
'[' . trim('\1') . ']$2[/' . trim('\1') . ']'

I remember doing that on a converter. I forgot which one now :P But I believe that was the syntax it accepts (it doesn't throw a php syntax error so I think we are safe).

5. Quoteo? Is this something new in ipb? Can I see an example that is raw from the database (So I know what it looks like before it even gets near code).

6. Hmm. Really? I would need to double check that, but if its true it isn't hard to fix :)

Edit,
On number 6. It is using the image tag. As well I double checked both 1.1 and 2.0. for 1.1 there is no class assigned at all, in 2.0 there is a bbc_image class assigned. But this is created from the bbc parser itself.

Where you saying in IPB itself?

rbbot

I think you've misunderstood my comment about the <div> tags in #4. I probably confused the issue because I forgot to mention I put a space after each opening bracket so that they wouldn't be treated as bbcode tags on this forum. Oops!

What I was trying to say is my regex will work for many situations, but will fail in the following scenario. Say the IBP html looked like this:

<div align="center">one<div align="right">two</div>three</div>

Unlike most other situations, for alignment divs IBP doesn't insert the HTML comments next to the end tags that allows you to figure out in the regex which closing tag belongs to which opening tag. Therefore, if you run a regex to change the centering div to SMF syntax you get:

[ center]one<div align="right">two[ /center]three</div>

i.e. It can't tell which one of the two closing div tags it should be changing. Then the regex for the right alignment is run:

[ center]one[ right]two[ /center]three[ /right]

instead of:

[ center]one[ right]two[ /right]three[ /center]

For #5, I was refering to the string "quoteo" that is in the IBP html comment. It is for a normal bbcode [ quote] tag.

For #6, I mean that the IBP forum places a class on all HTML img tags that are put inside a signature, and therefore they did not match any of your existing regular expressions for img tags.

SleePy

one
two
three

It works fine with SMF.

5&6, ok, I will fix those up in my sources then :)

Btw, as a note. You can use nobbc tags to post bbc
[center]one[right]two[/right]three[/center]

cenourinha

I'm trying to do some tests with SMF. I converted from IPB 2.3.6 to SMF and always went smoth in the convertion... but some forum topics are just like this:

Quote[div][object width=\"420\" height=\"339\"][param name=\"movie\" value=\"http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x8chtc\" /][param name=\"allowFullScreen\" value=\"true\" /][param name=\"allowScriptAccess\" value=\"always\" /][embed src=\"http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x8chtc\" type=\"application/x-shockwave-flash\" width=\"420\" height=\"339\" allowfullscreen=\"true\" allowscriptaccess=\"always\"][/embed][/object]
[a href=\"http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x8chtc\"]The House of the Dead: OVERKILL - First 10 Minutes[/a]
by [a href=\"http://www.dailymotion.com/dpadmagazine\"]dpadmagazine[/a]

Fonte: [a href=\"http://segapt.blogs.sapo.pt/241778.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"]SegaPT[/a]

You could see that this post was in HTML. It's a exported html news exported to ipb using the RSS Exporter. I used a lot of HTML in my Forum. Is there a way to solve this problem? I whould like to continue using HTML in some post at SMF, is that possible?

ThorstenE

the main issue: this isn't HTML. it is a mix between HTML and BBC..
the only way to fix this: use phpMyAdmin and replace the BBCODE-Like HTML style with real HTML:

UPDATE smf_messages SET BODY = replace( BODY, '[div]', '<div>' );
UPDATE smf_messages SET BODY = replace( BODY, '[object ', '<object ' );
UPDATE smf_messages SET BODY = replace( BODY, '[param', '<param' );
UPDATE smf_messages SET BODY = replace( BODY, ' /]', ' />' );
UPDATE smf_messages SET BODY = replace( BODY, '[/object]', '</object>' );
UPDATE smf_messages SET BODY = replace( BODY, '[/embed]', '</embed>' );
UPDATE smf_messages SET BODY = replace( BODY, '[/a]', '</a>' );
UPDATE smf_messages SET BODY = replace( BODY, '[a ', '<a ' );
UPDATE smf_messages SET BODY = replace( BODY, '[/div] ', '</div>' );

cenourinha

It didn't solve anything... :|

ThorstenE

any errors in phpMyAdmin during the query execution?
it should replace the [html-tag] with <html-tags>

cenourinha

I dont get any error... but the forum entryes didnt change.

http://www.webtuga.com/smf

ThorstenE

cenourinha, can you PM me a dump from your IPB database? I can modify our converter and fix some of these issues.

ThorstenE

cenourinha, I've modified some parts from the converter. can you try the attached version please?

cenourinha

Trying now. It's normal to take up to 6 hours to complete the conversion?

cenourinha

I got this problem:

Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting polls... Successful.
Converting poll options...
Notice: Undefined index: question in /home/webtuga/public_html/smf/convert.php(1097) : eval()'d code on line 11

Notice: Undefined index: question in /home/webtuga/public_html/smf/convert.php(1097) : eval()'d code on line 11

Successful.
Converting poll logs... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `webtuga_smf`.smf_log_polls
    (ID_POLL, ID_MEMBER)
    VALUES ('1', '4'),
    ('1', '52'),
    ('1', '3'),
    ('1', '11'),
    ('1', '74'),
    ('1', '65'),
    ('1', '82'),