Advertisement:

Author Topic: Had a problem installing. seemed like nothing was capitalized  (Read 11423 times)

Offline Jim Yarbro

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Hero
  • a.k.a. Cheschire
    • Warpstorm
Had a problem installing. seemed like nothing was capitalized
« on: November 01, 2003, 01:52:33 PM »
Turns out it was the crappy version of unzip I was using. I had to download it to my windows box and tar it using cygwin. Just posting this in case someone has the same problem in the future. I thought it was that the SMF guys packaged it wrong but it was just the decompressor.

on a half related topic:

[unk] think you could release a tar file when you post zips? I know some ppl dont have zip in unix, or have access to a crappy version of unzip like i do that for some reason seems to be broken.
Just because SMF isn't as bloated as you want it from the start doesn't mean it can't be. -[Unknown]

^ This means keep Simple Machines SIMPLE, and let people make ****** as complex as they want on their own. Stop making ****** so complex in the core!!

Offline [Unknown]

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Master
Re:Had a problem installing. seemed like nothing was capitalized
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 02:04:31 PM »
Public beta will CERTANILY be released in zip, tar.bz2, and tar.gz.  Sorry for the inconvenience... I'll see if next closed beta can have tars as well.

Mostly a time thing.

-[Unknown]

Offline Jim Yarbro

• SMF Friend
  • SMF Hero
  • a.k.a. Cheschire
    • Warpstorm
Re:Had a problem installing. seemed like nothing was capitalized
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2003, 09:54:46 PM »
np man. hell next beta I can tar it and attach right after i get it. one less thing for you to worry about ;)
Just because SMF isn't as bloated as you want it from the start doesn't mean it can't be. -[Unknown]

^ This means keep Simple Machines SIMPLE, and let people make ****** as complex as they want on their own. Stop making ****** so complex in the core!!