News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Topic View Log

Started by vbgamer45, July 25, 2008, 02:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbo_

Pretty sure I already told everyone why it doesn't make the database changes. I might package a fix oneday but this isn't my mod...
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

Am'

اذا أحس أحد انه لم يخطأ ابدا في حياته, فهذا يعني أنه لم يجرب أي جديد في حياته
My Mods For SMF 2 RC3 : XQuote XCode - Vbulletin Style New Meta Tags

Bugo

del

chinaren

The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

Autumn13

Okay, I have a topic log 1.0, but I'm not sure if it's this one or not. Someone installed it a couple years ago.

I am getting this error, and for the life of me can't find where in all my code to fix it

// Topic Log Mod $txt['lt_title'] = 'Topic Log'; $txt['lt_times'] = 'Times'; $txt['lt_lastView'] = 'Last View'; $txt['tl_no_topic_id'] = 'Topic ID is not set.'; $txt['tl_no_topic'] = 'Topic doesn\'t exist.'; $txt['who_log'] = 'Viewing the topic log of %s.'; $txt['cannot_view_topic_log_own'] = 'You are not, on this board, allowed to view the topic log of your own posts.'; $txt['cannot_view_topic_log_any'] = 'Viewing just any topic log in this board is not allowed.'; $txt['permissionname_view_topic_log'] = 'View Topic Log'; $txt['permissionhelp_view_topic_log'] = 'This permission allows a user to view the topic view log.'; $txt['permissionname_view_topic_log_own'] = 'Own topic'; $txt['permissionname_view_topic_log_any'] = 'Any topic'; // Topic Log Mod

Any help would be appreciated

Edited: Well, I figured out what the problem was. Sorry for not reading before I posted. Nothing I searched for was coming up.
However I installed v1.0 and modified the dbquery, so now it's kind of all messed up and I'm not sure how to fix it. I will look at it more sometime soon and come back with any other questions.

For those with the same problem as above: Check your Modifications.english and the english-utf8 files.

sharks

Can someone please update this nice mod to work on SMF 2.0 RC4?

Thanks.

Spoogs

studiowi33

Hi All--

When I check off "View Own Topic," the Topic Log button doesn't show up.
When I check off "Anyone Can View Topic," the Topic Log button is there for the clicking.

I'm running 1.1.12 with an arm long list of mods.

I manually installed this, so I MAY have missed a comma or a semi-colon or something.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
SMF 2.0.2

Autumn13

How can I allow Global Moderators and Moderators to view the topic log? When I enable the permission for it for both, nothing happens for the Moderators at all. GMs can see the link, but when they click on it it says:

An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot view the topic view log of topics. 

Any help on this?

Autumn13

studiowi33

Hi all--

I just moved and now get:

Method Not Implemented

GET to /index.php not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

error page with each topic log. Any ideas?
SMF 2.0.2

Markco

Sorry, I use the on-line translator ("Reverso") French / English

studiowi33

Yes, it is. But the modifier hasn't logged in for 6 months...
SMF 2.0.2

Am'

اذا أحس أحد انه لم يخطأ ابدا في حياته, فهذا يعني أنه لم يجرب أي جديد في حياته
My Mods For SMF 2 RC3 : XQuote XCode - Vbulletin Style New Meta Tags

heumannt

I just installed it and found a few things, other than this, the mod is working great and it's a really cool feature.  I'm running 2.0 by the way.

The database setup didn't include the {db_prefix} so it installed the table without smf_ in front of it. BUT .... I was installing it using a SimplePortal php page, and not manually through the database. Easy fix.

The part that modifies the ./Sources/MessageIndex.php file, it can't even find that variable, and I don't know if it's cause I have another mod installed or not. Anyways, just find the part of that file that defines the following:

$context['topics'][$row['id_topic']] = array(

Then find the 'views' part and put the instructed definition after it.

That's all, just the database and that one file was all I needed and it's working sweet. If you miss that messagindex.php file thing, you will not see how many views a post has when looking at the message index (where it lists all the topics and tells you how many replies/posts each has.

Hope that helps anyone.

Masrit

Is there one for 2.0.1? This would be very useful to keep tabs on people who are on the warning list.

Advertisement: