Simple Machines Wants You To Help With Documentation!

Started by codenaught, August 02, 2008, 03:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acans

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on November 14, 2009, 08:48:25 PM
No offence intended, but I used to request that your English is very good if it's a second language :).

I don't run the Help Squad anymore since I quit SMF though :).

Who runs it now, Trekkie or B?

I sent a message akaburgers but i havent gotten a message back yet.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Acans

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on November 15, 2009, 01:20:13 AM
I don't know if anyone is, sorry :(.

Dam, I want to start finishing and writing them again, just finished school for 11 weeks! :)

But their are no doc writers to check the squads documents.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Legend.

*****-- -- -- No to DICTATORSHIP, do it the Google way: DON'T BE EVIL -- -- --*****

Ban me too, for all I care

Yahmez

After a few months and a few PM's no replies here either... Oh well, I can volunteer my time elsewhere I suppose.

codenaught

For those who still wish to help, please (re)send me a PM. I will eventually going through my inbox to see those I overlooked or neglected to contact, but it would be easier if I can get some of you who still are looking to get started to let me know via PM.

If you could in your message let me know a few things it may help me figure out how to make best use of these resources. Those things are:

Education (High School/College/Etc and/or proficiency with English language)
Availability (For instance, are you particularly more available for a certain number of weeks because you are on vacation?)
Location (or just your time zone)
Experience with SMF (do you know a lot or are you just getting started?)

All of this is optional, but it may be helpful for me to know.

Thank you. :)

Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Chas Large

Love to help if I can. Have done some manual writing in my time, mostly for PC software.

Have installed SMF from 1.1 upwards, installed Mods, dB's and some programming, though not much with PHP until I got into SMF.

Have registered at the doc forum.

Chas aka Hal9K
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

B

First, allow me to apologize for the confusion surrounding the Doc Helpers, lately. :) The group does still exist, and it's doing some great work on the documentation for SMF 2.0. If you (still) want to get involved, send me a private message. I'd be happy to get you setup and started.

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

alan1979

hi ive been using SMF for a number of years and would like to get involved please. ive helped the SMF community with mods last year under a different username. im a very fast typer and pretty savvy with php and html code.

B

If you'd like to get involved with this group, you need to contact groundup. :) Sorry for any confusion our game of Doc Coordinator Musical Chairs may have caused. We expect that to settle down here now.

B

Conquer Club - Free Global Domination Game
Think the board game Risk on steroids!

Kindred

Quote from: alan1979 on May 24, 2010, 04:21:25 PM
hi ive been using SMF for a number of years and would like to get involved please. ive helped the SMF community with mods last year under a different username. im a very fast typer and pretty savvy with php and html code.

and why are you using two different usernames?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

alan1979

Various Rulez

is there any more spaces i would love to help i type quick please reply asap :)
http://www.beatthebullies.co.cc/index.php - My Site Beat The Bullies

User: x_magma_x - PM if you are intrested in Mod :)

email - [email protected]

DoctorMalboro

Various Rulez

DoctorMalboro

Various Rulez

DoctorMalboro

Because you're not a team member... you're just helping the doc writers... if you're good, maybe you can get the badge :)

Advertisement: