News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

mrt is still testing the membergroup color edits.

The user icons edit does work as seen in my forums chat at www.mkaware.co.uk

Have a look here for more mod related edits.

http://ajcintegration.co.cc/index.php?action=forum

mrtrc266

Quote from: rocknroller on May 11, 2010, 12:48:20 PM
with those "Custom Member Groups & Colors in Chat Room and Shout Box" how is related to membergroup id? I'm stuck.

It allows you to add a custom member group to AJAX Chat and set the color in the same as a member group on your forum.

As explained you just need to change the Group # in the edit to the Group # of your member group.

As of now this is to add one custom member group.

graaywolf

Quote from: graaywolf on May 11, 2010, 12:31:19 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 11, 2010, 11:56:07 AM
graay, you have FTP access correct?

With an FTP program like File Zilla you can just right click the file and change the permissions.

tried that & the free FTP program that comes with the server don't do permissions... i am on a fixed income.... can't afford to buy a program & don't want to pirate one... any ideas?

it's free... lol... sorry.... downloading File Zilla now.... thanks
I'm trying...

-=(GW)=-

rocknroller

Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 11, 2010, 12:54:26 PM
with those "Custom Member Groups & Colors in Chat Room and Shout Box" how is related to membergroup id? I'm stuck.

It allows you to add a custom member group to AJAX Chat and set the color in the same as a member group on your forum.

As explained you just need to change the Group # in the edit to the Group # of your member group.

In the chat i have two colors, Admin one color and SuperModerator second color. Now i try add color for membergroup Moderator. Where i must make change? i did not get it. I have added membergroup VIP for test. But still nothing.

sry my english is poor.

Shankirili

Hi and thanks for that usefull mod! I've been able to integrate the chat into my smf board and I've found plenty of usefull tips here to help me through!

I have a question though, about the smileys, is it possible to add the smiley from the board (I know I can add the manually) and to keep their settings (hiden or shown)?

If it's not, do you know how to modify the chat code to be able to hide smileys but to allow their use?

To be clear, here is an example : I want to have the smiley :-D but I want to be able to call it by using :D :d :-d and the original :-D but I don't want to see the same smiley four times in the smiley bar.

I'm using SMF 1.1.11

mrtrc266

@ Shankirili
Quoteis it possible to add the smiley from the board (I know I can add the manually) and to keep their settings (hiden or shown)?
Unfortunately at this time there is no known way to use the Smileys from your SMF Forum, that would be AWESOME if someone figured it out though :P

QuoteIf it's not, do you know how to modify the chat code to be able to hide smileys but to allow their use?
Take a look at this, it should be very close to what you want. I haven't messed with it yet but it sounds exactly like what you're after. Starts at post #5

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajax-chat/forums/forum/774131/topic/2278701

mrtrc266

Quote from: rocknroller on May 11, 2010, 01:25:08 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 11, 2010, 12:54:26 PM

In the chat i have two colors, Admin one color and SuperModerator second color. Now i try add color for membergroup Moderator. Where i must make change? i did not get it. I have added membergroup VIP for test. But still nothing.

sry my english is poor.

Make sure the custom member group # you want to add matches this # in this portion of the edit
/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChat.php
               // Check if we have a member of   our custom user group
               if(in_array(9,   $user_info['groups']))
                  $userData['userRole'] =   AJAX_CHAT_VIP;

EXAMPLE: if your Custom Member Group is #5 then you change the above if(in_array(9 to if(in_array(5

Shankirili

Thanks for the link, it seems to be exactly what I was looking for! I'll give it a try and tell you if it work!

EDIT : I gave it a quick try and it's not working but the thread is a bit old and it should work with some updates, I'll try to make it work and get you the workaround!

mrtrc266

Quote from: Shankirili on May 12, 2010, 03:32:05 AM
Thanks for the link, it seems to be exactly what I was looking for! I'll give it a try and tell you if it work!

EDIT : I gave it a quick try and it's not working but the thread is a bit old and it should work with some updates, I'll try to make it work and get you the workaround!

Cool, post it if you get it going and I'll add it to ~AJAX Chat Integration FAQ's   & Tips-N-Tricks~

graaywolf

Quote from: graaywolf on May 11, 2010, 01:02:47 PM
Quote from: graaywolf on May 11, 2010, 12:31:19 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on May 11, 2010, 11:56:07 AM
graay, you have FTP access correct?

With an FTP program like File Zilla you can just right click the file and change the permissions.

tried that & the free FTP program that comes with the server don't do permissions... i am on a fixed income.... can't afford to buy a program & don't want to pirate one... any ideas?

it's free... lol... sorry.... downloading File Zilla now.... thanks

hey... it's fixed.... thanks for all the good support... i'm new at adminning a forums and chatroom... used to have an informational site but that was all straight html.... again... thanks for the help... the files r set at 755 and no more 500 error...

I'm trying...

-=(GW)=-

olesign

Hello everyone.

I looked thru just about this whole thread and am still having problems with shoutbox and chat.  I just took over the forum when this just "stopped working" and they had me look at it.  I'm stumped.

I've changed the folder permissions (Chat & Shoutbox ) to 755 and the index.php files in those folders as well to 755.
I also tried the RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] in the .htaccess file and tried to make new .htaccess files in the "chat" and "shoutbox" folders with not luck.  I've also tried adding RewriteEngine on to the top line of the .htaccess with no luck.

Any help would be great.

I'm running SMF 1.1.11

And have installed these mods.

Enhanced PM Warning Message    1.0     
SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0     
SMF 1.0.17 / 1.1.9 / 2.0 RC1 Update    1.0     
vB Style Topic Author Name    1.3     
Enhanced PM Popup    1.0.1   
SMF 1.0.18 / 1.1.10 / 2.0 RC1-2 Update    1.1 
AjaxChat Integration    3.2.1     
Global Headers Footers    1.4.1
SMF 1.0.17 / 1.1.9 / 2.0 RC1 Update    1.0     
SMF 1.0.16 / 1.1.8 Update    1.0     
Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio    6.2.75 
PM Popup - Uses Active Window    1.4     
AJAX Instant Quick Reply    1.0.2     
Message index like vbulletin    0.1     
XFire Field    1.4     
vB Style Topic Author Name    1.0

zijO

where do i change size of input container  :o

mrtrc266

@ graaywolf
Glad you got it sorted, enjoy!

@ olesign
Thank you for doing your homework and searching before posting. Do you know the last thing that was changed before it "stopped working?" Just for kicks, one other thing you can try whether you have a portal or not.....
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2608338#msg2608338

Also, have there been any other chat Mods installed? If so make sure that ALL the code has been completely removed.

@ zijO
In the Shout Box or the Chat Room? Check /chat/lib/templates/LoggedIn.html and shoutbox.html

zijO

Quote from: zijO on May 12, 2010, 11:22:24 PM
where do i change size of input container  :o

no matter waht i do i always have same size InputField, can display only 2 words

mikungfu

Hi,

I haved changed server/domain. I transfered all files to the new server through FTP and then exported/imported the smf database through phpmyadmin.

Everything is perfect on my website (smf, all mods...) so all the migration was successful apparently. However the Chat is the only thing that is having problems. The theme is missing and it is completely white.

I have attached screenshots so you can see what I mean.

Also, here are the URLs of both the previous and the new website:

Previous: http://www.artimedia.pt/legiao501
New: http://www.legiao501.com

What can be happening?

Thanks.

hbjlee17

Hi,

I have smf version 1.1.11 and I installed this mod without issues. (on default theme with pretty url)

The chat/shout box displays properly, but i am unable to send or receive any messages. the chat box always says there are no users online even though I have the chat window open.

I tried to find if someone had similar issue but was not able to.

could someone point me in the right direction as to how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks.

the chat window looks like this, its not blank, it has everything loaded, just not allowing me to send/receive message, or showing anyone in the chat.

Scarecrow7170

having issues that I did not see before:

[12-May-2010 21:44:00] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/shoutBox/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 1461

It seems to be what is causing a lot of the execution errors we have been getting. please help.

Thank you for your time & patience.

mrtrc266

@  Offline  hbjlee17 
Try this Pretty URLs

@ hbjlee17
Try this Blank White Chat Room

@ mikungfu
That's pretty odd, if you haven't made any edits to the chat, try downloading AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1.zip, unzip it, then upload all the files to /chat and /shoutBox overwriting what is there.

This won't affect anything but simply put everything back to it's original state.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Scarecrow7170 on May 14, 2010, 12:18:15 AM
having issues that I did not see before:

[12-May-2010 21:44:00] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/shoutBox/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 1461

It seems to be what is causing a lot of the execution errors we have been getting. please help.

Thank you for your time & patience.

What seems to be the problem and what's on line 1461 in the AJAXChat.php?

MatrixWD

Hi,

I have looked threw to find a solution for this  but I cant seem to find it. Any help is appreciated.

In both the shout box and chat box it say this: (23:43:48) ChatBot: Cookies are required for this chat.

I have use 2 different computers and insured cookies are on but still the same,

Here is a list of mods I have installed on SMF v1.1.11

H1 BBCode      1.1
Share This Topic    1.5
AutoKeywords    1.3
AjaxChat Integration    3.2.1
NoFollow All Links    1.2.1
Ultimate Profile    0.9.1
Menu Buttons    1.1
Pretty URLs Extras    1.0
cb|Emailogin    0.3
Thank-O-Matic    1.2.5