News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[user] BBC Tag

Started by live627, August 31, 2008, 08:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

Link to Mod
user BBC Tag v1.0.1

Introduction
Link to a user's profile through bbcode - [user=Johnny]Go to Johnny's profile![/user] or [user]Johnny[/user], replacing 'Johnny' with the username. Version 1.0.1 added [id=2]The Second User[/id] or [id]2[/id], replacing '2' with the user ID.

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification. Personal messages for support are discouraged.

Languages
o This modification does not need additional language strings. It works for English, Chinese, Russian, Canadian, American Sign Language, Martian, George W. Bush... you name it, this is compatible!

Changelog
> Comment
+ Addition
- Error/bug fix

Version 1.0 Aug. 29th, 2008
> Initial Release

Version 1.0.1 Aug. 31st, 2008
+ Added the [id] tag

Neorics

cool mod, how do you link to other members other than the admin? by ID?

like this?
[user=14]The 14th user[/user]
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

Fustrate

It's [user]Name[/user] or [user=Name]link text[/user] for the name and [id]2[/id] or [id=2]link text[/id] for the ID.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

Neorics

hahaha, you added the ID tag cause of my question XD
[For Hire] I can help you with anything regarding Simple Machines Forum  ~ My Portfolio

Kimmie

QuoteGeorge W. Bush-

LOLOL Good one!!

Nice mod too  hehe

SA™

dam you beat me to it lol i was making the same mod hehe never mind lol
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

diegolyanky

Is not working on martian languaje ... hehehe ( it´s a trick ) ... Nice MOD ... Thanks !!
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

Fustrate

ya, that's a bit of a problem... I also noticed that whenever I switch to Klingon it just keeps trying to stab me...

;)
Steven Hoffman

Hµïkámà

Gives me errors! (2.0 beta 4)
Two errors on install.xml
Gr. Hµïkámà

KensonPlays

make it for 2.0 RC1.2?? thanks

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Fustrate

There aren't any version restrictions - you can install it even though it doesn't say RC1.2 on the mod page.
Steven Hoffman

MattH41

Would there be any way to take this mod and have it link based on a users display name instead of account name?

Second, would there be any way to make display the users avatar?

So [name]MattH41[/name] would show < a href="profile link" >< img src="profile avatar" />< /a >

mirahalo

it could be done, let me see what i can do.

MattH41

Quote from: MattH41 on July 25, 2010, 09:50:16 AM
Would there be any way to take this mod and have it link based on a users display name instead of account name?

Second, would there be any way to make display the users avatar?

So [name]MattH41[/name] would show < a href="profile link" >< img src="profile avatar" />< /a >

Any luck with this?

live627

Didn't notice your problem. I'll take a look. I know it's possible, but haven't looked at this mod's code yet.

EDIT: Hold on a moment live627, whatcha thinking? Due to a limitation of SMF, it's not natively possible without a query and that's not in order. Sorry. Can't slow the BBC parsing system unnecessarily.

FragaCampos

Hello there.
I installed this mod, but i would like to know how can i create a button to use it. As i understand we have to write the tags manually each time we want to use it, is that correct?

impreza

Bardzo dobra modyfikacja. Dziękuję
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

live627

impreza

I wrote a very good modification. Thank you
Portal ToTemat.pl - treści w postaci artykułów i filmów tematycznych.

Robin1989

very nice - any chance you could make it so that if you dont want to link to a specific users profile but just to the user reading the topic with that bbc in it you can just type [user] or something

Advertisement: