SMF Articles

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 04, 2008, 04:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Quote from: DistantJ on October 01, 2008, 06:09:23 PM
Can I set it so that I don't have to approve articles and comments? I want them to appear as soon as a user submits them.

There should be permissions located in the permissions section of SMF that allows you to set those functions.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

The Saviour

Main category does not show totals of articles in subcategories...however, the subcategories display the number of articles.

vbgamer45

There is a settings in the settings section of the mod that allows you to count one level deep for sub categories
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

The Saviour

Sorry...I missed that.

Thanks for the heads up...much appreciated.

Angelotus

Great idea for integrating in smf 2.0!

probablepossible

I would like to order my articles myself-- not in order they are posted and not in alphabetical order.

can we have an up/down function for articles themselves, the way we do for categories?

thank you!

vbgamer45

Nice idea added to my feature list for next updates.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

probablepossible

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 12, 2008, 09:09:47 PM
Nice idea added to my feature list for next updates.
:)

What I am trying to do is make a multi- community fiction archive. There are two out there, one in perl and one in php-- the php one includes a helluvalot of queries that my groups don't need, and neither of them have forum functions.

Since we're piling up possible changes, another one I would like would be an admin function that would let me change the author--  although I can do that in phpmyadmin, I suppose... or the ability to create a few more fields for my users to fill in. We could use them for co--writers, or genre, or XXX ratings :D

I AM Legend

Hi All,
I installed  SMF Articles, then uninstalled it, in the admin cp in the left hand panel it left behind Articles Configuration, where do I go to remove this?
Thanks as always

I AM Legend

Hi all,
any answer to the above question I posted yesterday??

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Daymon

I've installed this module, am able to access it in the admin panel, but cannot see anywhere to actually write and post an article. Am I missing something here?

vbgamer45

Are you using the default theme? If not you will have to modify the index.template.php of the custom theme to include a link to the articles section such as

http://www.yourforum.com/index.php?action=articles

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Daymon

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 19, 2008, 09:12:47 PM
Are you using the default theme? If not you will have to modify the index.template.php of the custom theme to include a link to the articles section such as

http://www.yourforum.com/index.php?action=articles [nofollow]

I did find the articles section with the url like you mentioned, and I modified index.template.php, but I must not have done it right. I just added a button a couple days ago so I should be good when I get this one in there. Very cool mod btw :)

Snappo

This is the only reason I have not upgrade to 2.0 =p

CG Icon

In the profile .. in the tiny portal section ( if you have TP installed) .. there is a link to all articles written by the user

is it possible to have this link show all articles written with SMF Articles instead of / or in addition to Tiny Portal?

as it is right now that link does not show any articles written while in SMF Article

thanks

Great MOD Vb

Eleglin

Quote from: kizer on September 05, 2008, 05:43:18 PM
Can you move existing topics? I have several topics written in a article fashion.
Same question for me.
No support by PM or Mail.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: