News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

date_and_time

Started by Smoky "Rider" Blue, September 04, 2008, 04:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Link to Mod

edited due to suggestions:

this will display the current date and time on users profile when they post, on topic view. it will install to the default core theme, all other themes must be edited for this mod to work.

for demo go to: PixelbyPaint
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

babjusi

Another nice mod SmokeyBlue :)

jossanaijr

I have a problem.
After installing this mod without any problems when I quick reply the reply is shown BEFORE the post I'm replying! (Of course I use the chronological order in my forum so the quick reply is inserted between post #1 and #2 for example).
Uninstalled it.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

i do not think that the mod caused this, i am sorry.

if anyone wants a live demo of the mod, you are more than welcome to look at "pixel's forum" just click the link to my site from my signature, or go to:

http://www.pixelbypaint.com/forum

thank you Babjusi, my shok  :P

**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

jossanaijr

Sorry.
You're right.
My error persists after uninstal.
I cannot remember which mod I installed before that.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

this is why it is very important to backup files before installing or re arranging anything jossanaijr..

if you have a backup, you can try that, if not i suggest to un install everything, one at a time to see what is conflicting. best i can do, since i do not know the version of smf or the mods you have..  :)

jossanaijr

I just discovered that after installing your mod.
I'm checking the order of mod installations.
It must be a recent error but I have almost 100 mods installed...

Smoky "Rider" Blue

that can be an issue, and i do wish you lots of luck.

with that many mods, it could be anything. go slow and if you need help just post in the right area and someone can help you if you need it..

Kimmie

ok well I am totally confused. Your screenshot shows that this adds the date/time that they made a post underneath their screenname on each post .... which post is the date/time referring to? Is it the time and date in general of their last post period? Im also confused as to the purpose of this mod. The image I have attached below is from the demo site you listed. Since each post already shows by default the date and time it was posted - what is this one supposed to be for? (it also kinda looks odd with both dates being different).

Something I noticed on the demo site, is that the date never changes. Im thinking that if this date was maybe the date that person "registered" it would be more useful.

Not trying to degrade the mod, just tryin to figure out what its purpose is. :)

robbie93

it shows the actual time and date right now :D

not when a post was sent but the current time and date  ;D

for example it would say September 05, 2008, 05:50:42 AM   ;)

it's good man it works :)

edit ...   english time dont forget for me  :D yep I have had a late night :o

Smoky "Rider" Blue

thanks robbie.. and i am miss smoky ;) lol

glad you like it, thanks!! ;)

chrisb

When i have installed the mod, i am getting the following date and time, how can i get this changed

06 09, 2008, 10:20:03 AM

Also as a suggestion,

Can we put above the date and time something like this .

Date & Time Last posted or Date and time Currently. This will help the user to work out what the date and time means on there posting profile.

Kimmie

Quote from: robbie93 on September 05, 2008, 12:51:07 AM
it shows the actual time and date right now :D

not when a post was sent but the current time and date  ;D

for example it would say September 05, 2008, 05:50:42 AM   ;)

thanks for clarifying that what it shows is the current "forum time and date" and has nothing to do with posting. The mod descripton should be updated because its confusing. :)

Smoky "Rider" Blue

@chrisb:

that is a good suggestion, if i get time i will be more than glad to tinker with this ;)

@Kimmie:

edited description.  ;)

Kimmie

Smoky "Rider" Blue

glad that you like it Kimmie!

more than welcome ;)

Advertisement: