News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Note

Started by Smoky "Rider" Blue, September 17, 2008, 11:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoky "Rider" Blue

Link to the theme

Light weight easy to customize theme, any questions, let me know...

for a demo, go to PixelbyPaint.com*

*temporary viewing..
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Jakki

This is a very nice theme and looks very clean cut..love it....thumbs up to you.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

mathmission

Great looking theme. Love it so far, but it seems to have some troubles with the nneonneo's Shoutbox. Thoughts?

Additionally, is this theme's width full screen with a pxl padding around it, or is it based on percentage? I'd love to scale this down a bit, so that it's not full screen. Any quick fixes without adding a pxl padding around the side?

Smoky "Rider" Blue

nopes, no thoughts on the nneonneo's shoutbox. sorry!

if you open up the style.css file you will see i used a (%) percentage on the theme.. its called a "wrapper"  :)

mathmission

That's almost as awesome as your sig banner. Almost.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

lol thank you mathmission  ;)

i do like the pretties on the web.. they make me happy! O:)

mathmission

Having some additional problems with some other mods that I'd like to install. The Blog Community mod seems to have some issues as well. I'm not abundantly fluent with the new 1.1.6SMF, but it looks like the structure of the files seems to have changed. When I try to do these installs, it seems like there are files that are being modded that aren't included in this theme. I'll do some more investigating.

mathmission

Actually, I take that back, just got the blog to work, but now I'm having issues with the buttons in different browsers (with that mod). I guess I'll take that up with the creator of that particular mod. Looks good in IE, messed up in Firefox, and appears as just a text link in Opera.

mathmission

Ok, one last thing... I'm attaching an image of my homepage, and I'm wondering if you can tell me how to alter the things I'm pointing to. The first is the site name. I'd like that to be gone (Must See, Must Own!). Secondly, the logo image there to the right: if I change that to an image that's larger than the provided, what will happen? Am I limited to that size? Lastly, I pointed to the buttons. Is there a way to change the button text color for the non-selected buttons? Is that in CSS?

Smoky "Rider" Blue

hmm.. no image from mathmission found.  :-[

the logo can be switched out (pixellogo.png) by renaming the new to the old, yes you are limited to size of logo. what buttons are you reffering to?

you could just link to what you are tying to take a snapshot.  ;)

mathmission

I can't believe I forgot to add the image...ugh!

Sorry

Smoky "Rider" Blue

you will have to go into the theme from the index.template.php file and do this:

find:

if (empty($settings['header_logo_url']))
echo '
<span style="font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 140%; ">', $context['forum_name'], '</span>';

remove:

$context['forum_name'], '

the button color is in the css ;)

mathmission

Smoky "Rider" Blue

lol thanks, but im just Smoky  O:) :D

mathmission

Ok, I seem to be doing something wrong. To alter the color of the text inside the buttons, you change what part of the CSS?

Smoky "Rider" Blue

which buttons mathmisson?? :)

mathmission

The arrow that's pointing down, it points to the row of buttons (Home, Search, Profile) that sort of thing. The white inside the button is hard to see (IMO) and I would love to change the color of the text inside the buttons.

Thanks in advance

Smoky "Rider" Blue

you will have to play with the menu area in the css to make changes there mathmission.. :D

mathmission

Excellent, found and edited it. I'm surprised there haven't been more comments on this theme.

Advertisement: