News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can\'t see \'General Discussion\' Board!!

Started by >M<, September 23, 2008, 02:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

>M<

??? :o

I installed SMF on my server for a customer that I'm hosting. I set myself up as a 'Global Moderator and when I log in it the General Discussion board is MISSING! When I logout the General Discussion Boards shows again when I am just a guest 'viewing' only OR when I am logged in as Administrator of course.

Please help!

Thanks

>M<
It seems there is only "one" way to do a lot of things...

>M<

Paulo.1

The same thing is happening to me!  I created 2 guys for myself with different email addresses.  The admin can see everything as expected, while my 2nd guy is a regular user. If I make him an "Global Moderator" he cannot see the "General Discussion' Board" but as soon as I remove him as a "Global Moderator" he can see the board.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

have you installed frustrate the guests mod ?

Paulo.1

Quote from: F.L.A.M.E.R on September 23, 2008, 03:32:17 PM
have you installed frustrate the guests mod ?

I haven't installed any mods at all.  There must be a problem somewhere because I made a 3rd person a "Global Moderator" and he can see the other forums EXCEPT the default "General Discussion" board.   I made a few other sections and they are visible except for that one board.

Is this a known bug that has been ignored or what?

Using SMF 1.1.6

TFC

You should check your "Permissions" for each board and for each membergroup.

Paulo.1

Quote from: TFC on September 23, 2008, 10:58:22 PM

Found it!  Go to Member Groups > Click "Modify" on Global Administrator > go to bottom and pick "Show Boards" > "Boards the Membergroup can see" and check the boxes for the appropriate boards (in this case, General Discussion was unchecked).

TFC

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

even frustrate the guests has this problem.. so just asked.. glad it was solved.. ;)

>M<

Quote from: Paulo.1 on September 23, 2008, 11:07:35 PM
Quote from: TFC on September 23, 2008, 10:58:22 PM

Found it!  Go to Member Groups > Click "Modify" on Global Administrator > go to bottom and pick "Show Boards" > "Boards the Membergroup can see" and check the boxes for the appropriate boards (in this case, General Discussion was unchecked).

THANKS A BUNCH! You Rock! Shewwww!

I have another problem now, but I'll make a new post. Thanks again! I really appreciate it!

It seems there is only "one" way to do a lot of things...

>M<

Advertisement: