Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bancherd

I am testing various mods(including PortaMx) and preparing my test site with SMF2.

Will definitely switch my live-site over to SMF2 once it's themes become more stable.

dwd2000

Quote from: BurkeKnight on November 08, 2008, 07:50:38 PM
Quote from: antechinus on November 08, 2008, 07:32:26 PM
Well then, my 2c is that they're nuts. Either that or they aren't aware of the benefits of SMF 2. I didn't see what the fuss was about until I actually set it up on a test site and gave it a bit of a run. From a users and admin point of view it is much better than 1.1.x.
If you were thinking of not changing to SMF 2 I advise you to reconsider.

All my sites, except for 2 are 2.0
One of them that are not, is a theme demo site for 1.1.x themes.
The other, is an RPG site that uses a mod made only for 1.1.x and will stay 1.1.x until the mod is upgraded, as the RPG depends on the mod.

I will not hesitate to upgrade, once the mod is upgraded.
However, in my last post, I had said People, NOT me.

Some people would rather not upgrade, because of certain reasons. We can not force them to do so. I was only merely saying that a version of the mod for the 1.1.x version would be nice. Not saying that it should be made.

I agree, SMF 2.x is has much more to offer as a basic script, but the mods I use haven't caught up yet.
I will also upgrade when the time is right.
As of this moment, the time is not right yet.
I also want to make sure ALL data won't be lost when I upgrade.
My main site has an arcade and I want to make sure all the scores will be saved and all the add-ons will also be available for that arcade before I even consider the upgrade.
If there was a way to to upgrade, while still using the 1.1.7 version of the arcade, (until the 2.x version catches up) I would have upgraded already.
30 years ago I was young and foolish.
Now I'm just young.

DAMMIT JIM...I'M A TWEAKER...NOT A CODER!!!

Dave's Games

feline

I have upload a new release of PortaMx (v0.951)
This version is a upgrade for a exist v0.947 and a full install package.

Do you not forget do donate for PortaMx ...
Thanks,

Fel

Qayyom Ashraf

right now i m using TinyPortal, what happen if i remove and install PortaMax Portal on my forum with default theme?

will it create any problem or it need to be install on fresh installed SMF site.
Qayyom Ashraf  |  Karachi-PK |::.www.JangForum.Com.::|

Antechinus

Jakki

I'm sorry to hear there won't be one for SMF 1.1.XXXX. As I would really like to try this out. 
I am one of those people who will not upgrade to the SMF 2.0 only because I have major issues with understanding some of this stuff in coding and as someone else said the mods...
I'm happy that you have this going and wish you the best of luck.

Antechinus

Go for SMF 2 when it's stable.  Really. There will be more mods for it because after a while nobody will be making mods for 1.1.x.  Same goes for themes.

There are heaps of people who can help you with the upgrade. If you want to play around with PortaMx a bit put it on a local host for testing, or pm me (that means Jakki, not everyone) and I'll hook you up on my test forum.

Jakki

I'm learning themes right now..Ante and oh boy is it a learning curve for me...LOL
I may take you up on the offer but I have to think..

Antechinus

No problem. RC1 will be a little while anyway. No point going for Beta 4 at this stage.

Jakki

Yeah let me learn a little more before throwing me to the lions again..LOL

Antechinus

Just noting that we appear to have found a solution for the installation problems that were plaguing some people (including me) who had inconvenient server configurations. I, for one, am extremely happy about this.

This new installation method does require the ability to set file and folder permissions via ftp or cpanel.
It cannot all be done simply through the SMF admin centre.

The good news is that once the file and folder permissions are correctly set, which isn't difficult and doesn't take that long, the subsequent installation of PortaMx can be done solely through the SMF package manager and appears to give a flawless result with no error messages.

:) Details can be found in this thread.  :)

funcouldron

i intalled it and liked it but i m little confused,,, i want to show blocks only in front page and not on any other pages ,,, how can i do that?
Visit us at  ww.4moreFun.com

feline

Each block have "Dynamic visibility options".
On this go to "Show or Hide the block on action" and select "Frontpage".
Now the block is only shown at the frontpage.

Also you can hide a complete panel on certain actions. These you find on PortaMx Settings Manager.

Fel

funcouldron

so if i want ot show block in only two places then?

feline

If you want show the block in frontpage and forum as example, use the "Dynamic visibility options".
Simple select the actions "frontpage" and "forum".

Fel

@L3

Congratulations Fel, good extention for Smf2 ;)

SgtMic

I've tried about 6 times so far to install portamx on fresh beta4 installs. Haven't had one install correctly yet.

I tried the package parser and this is the results. Any ideas?

Here is one of the 506 errors in the error log.

copy(/home/xxxxx/public_html/sgtmic.com/pmaxtest/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_spellerpages/spellerpages/blank.html) [<a href='function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to open stream: Not a directory

File: /home/xxxxx/public_html/sgtmic.com/pmaxtest/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1604

There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

funcouldron

SgtMic

0951 is the latest version.

ETA: The problem is the mod is not fully writing to the files.
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

funcouldron

Advertisement: