Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Online or local?

ETA: More specifically, do you have root admin for the server?

feline

Quote from: RedOne on January 14, 2010, 03:19:45 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: pmx_admBlk_panels
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 258
I think, the PortaMx.english.php is missing.
Check if all portamx language files exist (/Themes/default/languages/PortaMx/*.php)

Fel

redone

Thankfully I have enough experience to get it to work. This was not a localhost install this was on a outside server. I will see if I get time today to mess with it and see what happens.

update: the cause of the broken is install is permissions for the ftp user. The mod believes  that everything was installed correctly but it wasn't. The owner does not have correct permissions to generate sub-folders hence a broken install.

feline

You can create all the subfolder manually or simple copy all files from the (extracted) archive with ftp to your server.

Fel

KensonPlays

Hi, I installed it, then later on today, I got a fatal error:
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/k/c/m/kcm93/html/Sources/AdminCenter.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/k/c/m/kcm93/html/Sources/Admin.php on line 702

and even earlier (like 10 mins ago), I was trying to edit a BBC block, and I got a post.english.php error stating for me to try on default theme, or refresh page, and I uninstalled it and reinstalled it now, and I got that error above!

Please reply ASAP (someone is planning on joining tomorrow!)

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

feline

I think, your installation is not successfully .. the AdminCenter.php (and all other pmx files) you find in the folder /Sources/PortaMx. Check your installaton please ...

Fel

Cruncher Pete

Can somebody give me  detailed instructions how to uninstalling PortaMx please as I am kind of new to SMF and its Mods. I tried to use "uninstall" from the AdminCP but it  is still there.  I read somewhere that you need to uninstall the database. If I do that don't I loose all my members details.? Or is there a special database  just for PortaMx? I wish to uninstall not because I do not like its features but because I wish to try and compare it with another portal.

feline

You can uninstall any mod with the package manager.
PortaMx uninstall don't remove the pmx tables. If you will remove this, you find in the archive the file dbremove.php.
Extract the file, copy that to your forum root and run it in your browser (enter forumurl/dbremove.php).

Fel

Cruncher Pete

Quote from: feline on January 20, 2010, 06:53:42 PM
You can uninstall any mod with the package manager.
PortaMx uninstall don't remove the pmx tables. If you will remove this, you find in the archive the file dbremove.php.
Extract the file, copy that to your forum root and run it in your browser (enter forumurl/dbremove.php).

Fel

Sorry Felix, I think we are having language difficulties. I stated that I have removed PortaMx (via the Package Manager) but it is still there. I have asked if this database remover will remove only PortaMx or will it delete all of my database rendering my site unusable.  I now have further problems and questions:

1.   If this dbremove.php is necessary to completely remove PortaMx why is it in Archives? Why is it not included with the mod?

2.   In who's Archive is it located in?  I have searched your forum as well as SMF and I can not find it.

3.   Please confirm if it will remove the PortaMx tables only or remove the complete database.?  I just want to return to the stage I was at prior to installing PortaMx..   

feline

Quote from: Cruncher Pete on January 20, 2010, 10:29:53 PM
1.   If this dbremove.php is necessary to completely remove PortaMx why is it in Archives? Why is it not included with the mod?
It's not necessary, but you can remove the tables. It's not in the uninstall, so you can always make a reinstall without lost your blocks and settings.

2.   In who's Archive is it located in?  I have searched your forum as well as SMF and I can not find it.
In the PortaMx archive, they you have installed.

3.   Please confirm if it will remove the PortaMx tables only or remove the complete database.?
dbremove.php will remove only the portamx tables.

Fel

Cruncher Pete

Thank you Fel, I am not about to depart but was a bit concerned about the method of uninstall.  Keep up the good work and thanks again...

BurakG

For those who are interested Turkish language files ( both UTF and non-UTF ) have been added to support site.. ;)

synicfan

Hello All!

I am thinking about using this mod (sounds great!) but want to know if the issues that are being reported are with the default SMF theme?

I wont be using any other teams with my forum so if it works ok with the default theme, that would be great!

feline

PortaMx works with any theme that created for SMF 2 RC 2.
More info and updates you find on our support site ...

Fel

BurakG

Quote from: synicfan on January 29, 2010, 10:48:38 AM
Hello All!

I am thinking about using this mod (sounds great!) but want to know if the issues that are being reported are with the default SMF theme?

I wont be using any other teams with my forum so if it works ok with the default theme, that would be great!

You can see yourself cause there is a theme chooser in support site :)

noob2010

i have this problem. Can you help me please?

Table 'forumime_donche.smf_portamx_settings' doesn't exist
File: /home/forumime/public_html/diskutime/Sources/PortaMx/LoadData.php
Line: 470

feline

In the archive you find the file dbinstall.php. Extract this file. copy it to your server root (wher you find the Settings.php) and start this in your browser, like yoururl/dbinstall.php. Login as admin and see if it works.

Fel

oOo--STAR--oOo

Hi I have installed PortaMX and it has made my forum Text bigger Which i dont like..

How can i put it back to normal size?

Need help with this..

I have attached a preview
You can't fool a sufficiently talented fool.

http://www.uniquez-home.com
In Design Phase!

Mods I am designing,  No refresh Collapse Categories , Poll Redesign , Pure CSS Breadcrumb , Profile Statuses, Profile Views.

feline

as I say in our support forum .. all CSS definitions you find in the portamx.css ...

Fel

KensonPlays

I created a topic in the portals area of this forum here, I cannot figure out how to add content to a "Single Page" I made the page, but the content? How do I add it!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Advertisement: