News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Highslide Image Viewer

Started by digger, October 07, 2008, 09:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digger

Quote from: Jakobwolff on January 03, 2009, 08:08:20 AM
is it a difficult mod to install?

i run 1.1.7 and Oxygen theme

should i manuel install? or install through admin?

Just install mod and edit index.template.php and
Display.template.php in your custom theme directory.

Axodious

Running 1.1.7, with a custom SSI integrated index page for my website here the mod works fine inside the forum itself but not on the News pictures on the main index page, it just links directly to the image and adds a black box underneath the image, anyway to fix? Other than that this mod is awesome! Tried using Integrate Lightbox but for some reason it's automatically associating itself to urls that contain an image tag such as .jpg, when it does this it breaks on images from Imageshack because they aren't real images, it's a link to a website.
"You make my heart pound; my mouth water. Yeah, there's nothing like a chili dog." Sonic the Hedgehog

digger

Quote from: axodious on January 04, 2009, 06:16:27 PM
Running 1.1.7, with a custom SSI integrated index page for my website here the mod works fine inside the forum itself but not on the News pictures on the main index page, it just links directly to the image and adds a black box underneath the image, anyway to fix?

There is a lightbox mod on this website.

Axodious

Quote from: digger on January 05, 2009, 07:16:52 PM
Quote from: axodious on January 04, 2009, 06:16:27 PM
Running 1.1.7, with a custom SSI integrated index page for my website here the mod works fine inside the forum itself but not on the News pictures on the main index page, it just links directly to the image and adds a black box underneath the image, anyway to fix?

There is a lightbox mod on this website.

Yes, I tried using the mod, I'm having an issue with it. It's trying to open anything that has an image tag at the end (.jpg, .gif, etc) as a lightbox including urls rather than just IMGs.
"You make my heart pound; my mouth water. Yeah, there's nothing like a chili dog." Sonic the Hedgehog

Axodious

Ok, the author for Integrate Lightbox hasn't been seen since October, I'm going to try to get Highslide working.

Here is my issue:
I've got my website here. If you click the image displayed in the news on that website it opens in a lightbox (Lightbox2 to be exact). The information from the news section is retrieved from the forum using SSI.php. To get the lightbox to work on the index page I had to download Lightbox2 itself from it's website and include it in the index page. I then had to install the forum mod Integrate Lightbox (which would automaticly tag the image files with class="lightbox[smf]"). I would like to get the same functionality using Highslide, how would I go about doing that?

digger

Quote from: axodious on January 09, 2009, 02:41:59 AM
Ok, the author for Integrate Lightbox hasn't been seen since October, I'm going to try to get Highslide working.

Here is my issue:
I've got my website here. If you click the image displayed in the news on that website it opens in a lightbox (Lightbox2 to be exact). The information from the news section is retrieved from the forum using SSI.php. To get the lightbox to work on the index page I had to download Lightbox2 itself from it's website and include it in the index page. I then had to install the forum mod Integrate Lightbox (which would automaticly tag the image files with class="lightbox[smf]"). I would like to get the same functionality using Highslide, how would I go about doing that?
Download Highslide from it's website and include it in the index page. Then install mod.

Axodious

I tried that, didn't work. I also tried using the one in SMF and it kind of worked. It put a div under the image with a black border the width of the image, but only about 20px high. If I clicked the image it popped up the Loading sign on the image but nothing happens.

AlenNS

Does anyone know how to merge some watermark script with highslide?

HR

How I wonder would one intigrate this into say.. profile pictures for the ultimate profile?

And I cant fancy why but the Display.templlate fails :/

**Scratch that is a conflict with attachments layout.

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

HR

Latest and greatest slight annoyance.. Images encapsulated as URL links.. anyway you can think of to filter this out from the alteration?
example:

[url=http://yaddayadda][img]whatever goes here [/img][/url]

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

jagna

Digger, your mod is great and is working fine for me, but just one question: any chances of replacing the link to the image, showing under the image itself, with the subject of the message the image is attached to? Would be very handy for me...

digger

Quote from: jagna on January 17, 2009, 05:11:25 PM
Digger, your mod is great and is working fine for me, but just one question: any chances of replacing the link to the image, showing under the image itself, with the subject of the message the image is attached to? Would be very handy for me...

In a next version will be some admin settings for it.

jagna

Great, I'm looking forward to it :) And so are the forum users, who have to be inserting the "alt" tags into the image links for now to get the right description under the picture ;-)

exxocet

The same issue here.
  I have an PayPal button on my site and instead of sending the user to the PayPal account it simply try to open the button image. Lightbox do the same.
Any fix here? Thx.

digger

Quote from: exxocet on January 21, 2009, 03:42:55 AM
The same issue here.
  I have an PayPal button on my site and instead of sending the user to the PayPal account it simply try to open the button image. Lightbox do the same.
Any fix here? Thx.

Can I see your site?

exxocet

That won't be a problem, but you won't be able to see the issue because the mod is not enabled. I can send you subs.php, index.template.php and Display.template.php if this help.
  the mod work great on thumbnails, but refuse to follow the link for [URL=http://php/html/asp link][IMG]http://image[/img][/URL] syntax. It hangs on Loading...

Thank you.

exxocet

Neh, it's not just me. I've put the mod on a fresh SMF install and it's behaviour is the same: images linked to URL doesn't work. The same happened with linghbox, probably because highslide mod use the same subs script.

exxocet

Can't this be modified in order to highslide only remote hosted images? Images hosten on localhost to be skiped.

Schlup

Ok, I have a problem.  My topics are setup to show 50 posts per page.  The Highslide is working correctly but it is putting the enlarged picture in the middle of the topic...so if there is a picture at the top of my 50 post page or at the bottom of my 50 post page I have to scroll all the way to the middle to look at the enlarged picture...and that's just for the people who notice the picture is being sent to the middle of the page...for everyone else it is looking like the enlarged picture isn't working...unless they scroll around on that page to find it smack dab in the middle.  You can have a look at what I am talking about here...click on any of the pictures toward the top or bottom.  Let me know how to fix this please.

http://www.bulletproofnerds.com/smfforum/index.php/topic,172.msg235.html#msg235

Thank you in advance!

digger

Quote from: Schlup on January 25, 2009, 10:57:22 PM
Ok, I have a problem.  My topics are setup to show 50 posts per page.  The Highslide is working correctly but it is putting the enlarged picture in the middle of the topic...so if there is a picture at the top of my 50 post page or at the bottom of my 50 post page I have to scroll all the way to the middle to look at the enlarged picture...and that's just for the people who notice the picture is being sent to the middle of the page...for everyone else it is looking like the enlarged picture isn't working...unless they scroll around on that page to find it smack dab in the middle.  You can have a look at what I am talking about here...click on any of the pictures toward the top or bottom.  Let me know how to fix this please.

http://www.bulletproofnerds.com/smfforum/index.php/topic,172.msg235.html#msg235

Thank you in advance!

It's just because you insert forum into iframe. Script can't detect viewable area of browser.
I don't know how to fix it. Nobody use iframes today.

Btw, your forum looks very bad in Opera browser .

Advertisement: