News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCS

Quote from: frantic on June 27, 2009, 03:48:33 PMHello, i'm having a problem with the shoutbox.  The bottom portion looks like its missing images or something can someone please help? this problem was occuring before the simple portal mod, so thats most likely not it.

Rc1-1  and newest hack shoutbox version

upload the images to your custom template folder, you can unzip the package and upload the images
Dont PM me for support, unless I ask you to do that

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

christianstogether

Hiya i'm having a few problems
i have installed the shoutbox on my forum but only the admin can see it

any ideas please,
i opened a new browser window and logged in under a temp username and it wasn't showing anywhere
i've searched thru the control panel and no joy

have i got to change the writing permissions etc

many thanks steve
http://www.christianstogether.co.uk/

christianstogether

anyone got any ideas on this please
steve

christianstogether

got it sorted i hadn't added the permission in the main permission folder for the whole site
just in case anyone else has the same problem

you have to go into admin, permissions, and modify each member catorgory and do it that whay

frantic

i unziped the hack parks shout box folder but their are no image files inside. 

JCS

Quote from: frantic on July 01, 2009, 06:56:06 PM

thats strange, cuz im pretty sure there are some images, cuz other people have installed it succesfully.

when you unzip the package, you can see some .php and .xml files, also you can see a folder, look into that folder, there are some folders into that folder

christianstogether, nice, if someone dont know how to set the persmissions, they can follow those instructions ^^

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

Alyen

Ola cabo de instalar el mod pero tengo un problema con los permisos, todos los grupos de mi foro ya tienen sus permisos ( View Shoutbox  / Post messages in Shoutbox ) pero solo los admin pueden enviar msg.

Que se pude hacer ????

-------------------------------

Wave after installing the mod but I have a problem with permissions, all the groups in my forum already have their permits (Shoutbox View / Post messages in Shoutbox) but only the admin can send msg.

I do that?

My Forum: www.xpzone.net

Morp

Quote from: Morp on June 24, 2009, 04:19:03 PM
Here is a problem I've noticed. When the messages are too Long you can't edit them only Delete.

Can I fix it somehow?

Got any answer from the coder?

JCS

Quote from: Alyen on July 02, 2009, 05:52:10 AMWave after installing the mod but I have a problem with permissions, all the groups in my forum already have their permits (Shoutbox View / Post messages in Shoutbox) but only the admin can send msg.

I do that?

please via MP send me a test account so i can check your configuration

Quote from: Morp on July 02, 2009, 03:20:20 PMGot any answer from the coder?

not yet, hes at finals on the university, even his personal projects are stopped right now, hes gonna check that asap

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

sergei37

Great shoutbox, thank you for your work!  :)  8)

I have some question about activities logs update. As I see, idle members are showed as active, because they left the page opened...

Actually, i don't see ane reason, that idle shoutbox will update the activity of user... It's type of misleading for users, that see the who is online, when he/she's actually not...

I'm not sure it's trivial change, but if you may give a hint , where to look for?  ???

Thanks in advance

sergei37

The IE 8.0 issue also occurs for me... i've checked this on default and classic themes - result the same... only compatability mode works...

I've got as well a feedback from user, that it doesn't work on IE 6... it's not critical, but maybe will help you to find out , where the problem is...

frantic

Quote from: JCS on July 01, 2009, 08:48:08 PM
Quote from: frantic on July 01, 2009, 06:56:06 PM

thats strange, cuz im pretty sure there are some images, cuz other people have installed it succesfully.

when you unzip the package, you can see some .php and .xml files, also you can see a folder, look into that folder, there are some folders into that folder

christianstogether, nice, if someone dont know how to set the persmissions, they can follow those instructions ^^

Nevermind i found it, looking in the wrong file  It must have been one of those days, thank you for you help.  Everything works great now.

llooo8oooll

Hi, this shoutbox works great so far.
Thanks a lot^^
However, I want my guest to be able to use shoutbox. Is there anyway to do so?

JCS

Quote from: sergei37 on July 05, 2009, 07:17:57 AMGreat shoutbox, thank you for your work!  :)  8)

I have some question about activities logs update. As I see, idle members are showed as active, because they left the page opened...

Actually, i don't see ane reason, that idle shoutbox will update the activity of user... It's type of misleading for users, that see the who is online, when he/she's actually not...

I'm not sure it's trivial change, but if you may give a hint , where to look for?  ???

Thanks in advance

in the next version theres gonna be a whos online, showing just the active members on the shoutbox, please be patient

Quote from: sergei37 on July 05, 2009, 07:22:03 AMThe IE 8.0 issue also occurs for me... i've checked this on default and classic themes - result the same... only compatability mode works...

I've got as well a feedback from user, that it doesn't work on IE 6... it's not critical, but maybe will help you to find out , where the problem is...

Im gonna ask makito, but, i think its really strange, it works for me :S, so we must check the files to see whats going on, but for sure we're gonna check that

Quote from: llooo8oooll on July 05, 2009, 06:30:58 PMHi, this shoutbox works great so far.
Thanks a lot^^
However, I want my guest to be able to use shoutbox. Is there anyway to do so?

mmm, maybe in the next version of the shoutbox you are gonna be able to enable guest for using it, please give us some time to study that, and implement it

frantic, glad to read that, hope you like it

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

qubbah

how can i change to make chatters name after the time of chat?

JCS

you can change that on the shoutbox.template.php file

OtaKumi
Hacks-Park

qubbah

Quote from: JCS on July 06, 2009, 01:01:30 PM
you can change that on the shoutbox.template.php file

i try to find it.. but can't done..

can u tell where is the exactly part to change?... tq

Zark

When I ban someone, they can still use the ShoutBox, can anyone help me fix the ban problems?

kkattfish

i need this shoutbox to show up on all pages, especially when you click the unread posts link. 
this is what i have in "pages where shoutbox will be printed":

boardindex
collapsecategory
forum

my index.template.php file is also attached.  can somebody help me out please.  what am i doing wrong?

edit:  i also just tried to enter this ;boardindex;messageindex;all on their own lines and it didn't work

WillEwen

Quote from: kkattfish on July 07, 2009, 02:09:18 PM
i need this shoutbox to show up on all pages, especially when you click the unread posts link. 
this is what i have in "pages where shoutbox will be printed":

boardindex
collapsecategory
forum

my index.template.php file is also attached.  can somebody help me out please.  what am i doing wrong?

edit:  i also just tried to enter this ;boardindex;messageindex;all on their own lines and it didn't work

Does it show on these pages?

";" Will not work as a delimiter for this setting as far as I'm aware, soon realised after finding the post that claimed ";all" would print it everywhere ...  >:(

From the action array in ./index.php you can find the list of pages where the shoutbox can be printed, for yourself and others here is a list. This may include mods you have not installed so please have a glance over and delete anything not appropriate.

1.1.x only.

admin
announce
arcade
managearcade
ban
boardrecount
buddy
calendar
cleanperms
collapse
comment
convertentities
convertutf8
coppa
deletemsg
detailedversion
display
dlattach
dumpdb
editpoll
editpoll2
featuresettings
featuresettings2
findmember
help
helpadmin
im
jsoption
jsmodify
lock
lockVoting
login
login2
logout
maintain
manageattachments
manageboards
managecalendar
managesearch
markasread
membergroups
mergetopics
mlist
modifycat
modifykarma
modlog
movetopic
movetopic2
news
notify
notifyboard
optimizetables
packageget
packages
permissions
pgdownload
pm
postsettings
printpage
profile2
quotefast
quickmod
quickmod2
recent
regcenter
register
register2
reminder
removetopic2
removeoldtopics2
removepoll
repairboards
reporttm
reports
requestmembers
search
search2
sendtopic
serversettings
serversettings2
shoutbox
manageshoutbox
smileys
smstats
spellcheck
splittopics
stats
theme
trackip
about:mozilla
about:unknown
about:unknown
unread
unreadreplies
viewErrorLog
viewmembers
viewprofile
verificationcode
vote
viewquery
who
.xml
tpadmin
forum
tpmod

Any further information on TinyPortal integration?

Edit

Okay, so i managed to get my shoutbox to show on all pages (including tinyportal, since it doesn't look at the post action), regardless of the contents of the action textarea in the admin area. I'd advise first receiving input from the author as to the possible consequences, but if you've a small scale, backed up site i really see no harm in the hack of hack's park shoutbox.

So, Subs-Shoutbox.php

<?php
// File Version: 2
// Hack's Park Shoutbox: www.hackspark.com

if (!defined('SMF'))
    die(
'Hacking attempt...');

function 
Shoutbox_Load($action null)
{
global $shoutbox$context$sourcedir;

// die
if (Shoutbox_Settings('disable') != '')
return $action;

if ($action !== null)
{
$show Shoutbox_Settings('showActions');
if (!in_array(strtolower($action), explode(','$show)))
return $action;
}

All i did was remove,

if ($action !== null)
{
$show = Shoutbox_Settings('showActions');
if (!in_array(strtolower($action), explode(',', $show)))
return $action;
}

Again, this is in no way elegant and so i would advise waiting for the author to come back. For me, it works so i'm happy :).

Regards,

Will Ewen

Advertisement: