News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatidee

Hi everyone

Sorry for my bad english but i need Help.

I try to install Hack's Park Shoutbox on my SMF Forum but i receive all the time error and Shoutbox doesn't load.

I actually use another template, i have this template : http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=103

I undertstand that i have to make a lot of modifications in the template skin as mentionned here  : http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse but i got a lot of errors and i am litte newbie to do this..

for SMF 1.1.11

Can someone help me to make the change for me on the template php files?

Thanks a lot.

Can someone tell me where i have to put the download package .zip for the Hack's Park Shoutbox, may i put on the "packages" on the FTP or directly to the root ?

Must i decompress the zip files or to put the zip without decompressing it?

lexa90

How did you install the mod ? Through admin panel or manually ?

Will1054

I suggest updating this to 2.0 RC2, I had this on my older forum and it was great, I would definatly install this on my current forum if I could.

gitchuone

Quote from: machmanx on October 16, 2009, 03:37:41 AM
Ok, I think this is a great shoutbox as the chat is instant...that's what I expect in a shoutbox.  On my site, the shoutbox gets used a lot, and having efficiency matters.

Though there are a few things I like changed:-

-I would like the "delete shout button" to appear before every post, for selected membergroups only.  It's a pain to have to get the popup to show up just to delete a shout...inefficient.

-Rather than have the "moderation panel link" open up in a new window and minimize the other shoutbox, can't it open in the place of the shoutbox?

-Does this shoutbox store a history?  If so, I'd like it to be accessible to all users as a link (kinda like nneonneo's shoutbox).  People would like to know what happened while they were away and the history button allows them to do that.

-Some BBCode don't work, like "font size", "image tags", etc.  I'd rather have them working.

If the above can be implemented, then it would be the number one shoutbox offered in SMF.  Take it from a guy who has lots of shoutbox usage on his site ;)
[/quote

these are REALLY good suggestions... i'd like to see it happen. :)

greatidee

Quote from: lexa90 on December 09, 2009, 05:35:42 PM
How did you install the mod ? Through admin panel or manually ?

First, I download the Mod package on SMF website and i upload it (without decompressing it) on my FTP server in the "packages" folder..

Then i have tried to make some changes manually in my templates because i don't use the defaut template but it didn't work the shoutbox can't load and i don't know why..

Can you explain me the method, step by step ?

Moreover i have tried to install it through the admin panel but i got a error during installation..

I think the better way is to install it manually but i don't know how..

lexa90

dlibson

Quote from: LLStarks on November 14, 2009, 02:39:17 PM
[quote author=www.livedown.us link=topic=269091.msg2356605#msg2356605 date=1258150180]
Damn, im too desperate to get a shoutbox for my forum... Currently NONE of them are compatible with RC2 :( :( :(

I have Hack's shoutbox working on RC2. All you have to do is set the version emulation to "SMF 2.0" and then install it.

Also, even if I set the permissions correctly, guests can only view, not post in the shoutbox. I've always had this problem the other shoutboxes would let me do this.
[/quote]

How do you do this?
Come visit the best Sports/General Chat site on the web!

http://www.ngsforums.com">

perplexed

@ dlibson  upload the mod via package manager but do not install!  Then go back to your "browse packages" and if you look at the bottom of the packages list you will see a link called "Advanced".  Click on that and then enter SMF 2.0 in the box.  Then go back to this package and install.  It should install with no fails.  Then you can go back to browse packages again, click on advanced, and then click on the link that savs "revert" and it will revert to SMF 2.0 RC2 so you can install RC2 mods.

As usual, remember to back everything up before you install any mods or make any changes.

cryptic3

the_shadow

from a moment to another i post something on shout and i can't see nothing... seems look like i'm not writing in shout!!!!!!! :S

allymcbeal

It's not work to me with IE. I can see it, I can write but then nothing other, I can't send my message, and I can't see the other message.
Please if you wanna try it login "billy" pw 147852369
Thanks

This is my forum
www.allymcbeal.it/forum

the_shadow

i can´t see the shout... you had to add manually the code on your template

marko_andres

Version SMF: 2.0 RC3
Theme        : Inferno
Portal          : Simple Portal 2.3.2

Por un cambio de conciencia --> http://thezeitgeistmovement.com/

allymcbeal

Quote from: the_shadow on December 16, 2009, 08:26:55 PM

You have to login to see the shout.
login: billy pw:147852369

Yes it works in 1.1.11
with firefox is ok, with IE 7 is ok, only with IE 8.

Thank you. :)

scimmiotto

hi to all. One question, how to make the shoutbox appear in every forum and post?
Loop code example:
The following statement is FALSE
The previous statement is TRUE.

trzycha

Hi
I want to add this shoutbox on my site. I use this to create site with header and footer.
<?php
$ssi_gzip 
true;
$ssi_ban true;
$ssi_layers = array('html''body');
$context['page_title'] = 'Polski Serwis Mobile Suit Gundam';
ob_start();
$ssi = include('SSI.php');
MY CODE
ssi_shutdown
();
?>

So what I need to do to add shoutbox? Iframe work but is there another possibility to add it?

makito

Quote from: machmanx on October 16, 2009, 03:37:41 AM
Ok, I think this is a great shoutbox as the chat is instant...that's what I expect in a shoutbox.  On my site, the shoutbox gets used a lot, and having efficiency matters.

Though there are a few things I like changed:-

-I would like the "delete shout button" to appear before every post, for selected membergroups only.  It's a pain to have to get the popup to show up just to delete a shout...inefficient.

-Rather than have the "moderation panel link" open up in a new window and minimize the other shoutbox, can't it open in the place of the shoutbox?

-Does this shoutbox store a history?  If so, I'd like it to be accessible to all users as a link (kinda like nneonneo's shoutbox).  People would like to know what happened while they were away and the history button allows them to do that.

-Some BBCode don't work, like "font size", "image tags", etc.  I'd rather have them working.

If the above can be implemented, then it would be the number one shoutbox offered in SMF.  Take it from a guy who has lots of shoutbox usage on his site ;)

Ok
Do not PM me for support, make a post if you need help.

allymcbeal

Quote from: allymcbeal on December 17, 2009, 02:52:14 AM
Quote from: the_shadow on December 16, 2009, 08:26:55 PM

You have to login to see the shout.
login: billy pw:147852369

Yes it works in 1.1.11
with firefox is ok, with IE 7 is ok, only with IE 8.

Thank you. :)

Please can someone help me?

It seems that have a problem with script.js of smf (the errore on the status bar).

Sorry again, I tried to enter like "billy" a normal user and I can't see the shoutbox :o

edit : I fixed it, now if you enter like "Billy" you can see the shoutbox, that not works with IE8.

lexa90

Quotehttp://www.bgdgrotto.com/forum/index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=get;xml;row=0;restart

8: Undefined index: printClass

File: /home/bgdgrott/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Shoutbox.template.php (Shoutbox_GetMsgs sub template - eval?)
Line: 469

Anyone knows how to fix this ?

farcoral

Hi, who knows how to fix this ? I have SMF 2.0 RC2.

Advertisement: