Tutorial: how to COMPLETELY integrate FlashChat into SMF so you have a cool CHAT

Started by marcnyc, October 09, 2004, 07:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neotan

Got excited and bought the Desktop Skin for Flashchat as well . Anyone tried to use that instead? How can I point it to this new interface ?

Thanks !

dyrome

i maneged to intergate it in to smf 2.0 beta 3 public default Theme
as for the button this is moved to /sources/subs.php

this is just to tell you that it works in the new beta  ;D

greetings Dyrome

rsw686

Yep I rewrote the mod and modified the flash chat bridge files to work with my SMF 2.0 forum.
The Reptile File
Everything reptile for anyone reptile friendly

Aquaria Talk
Community for freshwater and saltwater aquariums enthusiasts

2Ntense

For anyone that likes the Classic theme, here's a button that matches the style of the other Classic menu buttons, instead of the one that Tufat supplies.  Save the GIF and upload it to Themes/classic/images/english/

If you've already used their menu GIF, then rename this to chat_icon.gif when you save it and overwrite the other one.

Urbanite

Ive been doing a bit of searching on Flash Based chats, just so you know that on a shared server, and that at least  90% of us the best you can hope for is somewhere between 20 and 50 users at any one time (before your host gets in touch with you).

If you are looking at something that can expand beyond that you have to move over to something that's not hosted on your server e.g. IRC.

Having said that FlashChat is a real charm, pity about the shortcomings on numbers.

Just when you finally get it idiot proof ...along comes a bigger idiot!

runebergen

The integration went like a dream ;) Thanks! :D

BUT, I got one problem with the chat, hope someone can help me.. .
This is with the AJAX CHAT skin for FlashChat

1) IF the users is ALREADY logged into SMF, the chat will show nickname "null" and "Welcome USER_LABEL", and auto login to chat (no login box)

2) IF the user is NOT logged into SMF, the chat will show a login box, and after providing the login, the chat will show CORRECT nickname and welcome message....

Anyone know how to fix ??  :)

thanks

Jaymac2327

I am sure that this is in the wrong thread, but I haven't been able to find where anyone asked this question before.  My flashchat is working perfect with SMF 1.1.5, although I am looking for a way to be able to lock the chat and only allow access at certain times.  This is a forum that I built for some people at work, and they don't want people to just stay in chat all day and never post in any topics. 

Also is there any way to save the chat content to a thread, so that all this information stays current and up to date?  Thanks for the help in advance.

brianjw

Well, you are right. This is not the correct place to be posting this. Since Tufat is the people who made flash chat, it would be better if you posted this question at their forums; http://forum.tufat.com/
SMF doesn't change anything about flash chat other than integration and adding an iframe to it on your website. Tufat, like I said before changes Flash Chat and built flash chat so it's better there.

Brian

Kindred

that very concept has already been discussed and code included over on tufat
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jaymac2327

Sorry about that guys.  Thought maybe that there was something in the code that could be edited in order to do this.  I will look over at tufat again.

Kindred

:) There is.

Look for a post by me over on tufat. I know I posted code to modify flashchat to do exactly that... but it was probably over a year ago
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jaymac2327

Quote from: Kindred on August 16, 2008, 12:58:14 PM
:) There is.

Look for a post by me over on tufat. I know I posted code to modify flashchat to do exactly that... but it was probably over a year ago

Thanks for the advice.  I will look for this.

InternetMafia

Does anyone have a screenshot of this installed on a default theme?
Its better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool.

DJHicks

Hi guys.... firstly apologies for dragging up an old thread but surely its better then creating a whole new thread??

Im experiencing the log out window bug.... I've copying the dologout.php file to the forum directory and edited the inc/common.php to chat/inc/common.php etc and it comes up with an Internal Server Error...

anything i can try ive been searching around the forum all evening so thought i'd post... im carrying on looking about but if some could possibly help i'd appriciate it...

Running SMF 1.1.10

thank you!!!!

DJHicks

HI guys.... no matter what i did in regards to copying the dologout file, copying it over etc and editing the path to the common.php etc... it all failed - producing an internal server error...

so i went experimenting and seems the error lies in the js.php file!!!

Originally it was this

window.open("<?php echo $GLOBALS['fc_config']['base']?>dologout.php?id=" + connid, "logout", "width=" + width + ",height=" + height + ",left=" + wleft + ",top=" + wtop + ",location=no,menubar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,toolbar=no");

but editing to this

window.open("<?php echo $GLOBALS['fc_config']['base']?>/(sitefoldername)/forum/chat/dologout.php?id=" + connid, "logout", "width=" + width + ",height=" + height + ",left=" + wleft + ",top=" + wtop + ",location=no,menubar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no,status=no,toolbar=no");

obviously changing the (sitefoldername) to the name of the folder on your server which contains the main site etc

worked a treat for me..... hope it helps others!!!

Edit***

Also change this a few lines down... from

img.src = "<?php echo $GLOBALS['fc_config']['base']?>dologout.php?seed=<?php echo time()?>&id=" + connid;

to

img.src = "<?php echo $GLOBALS['fc_config']['base']?>/(sitefoldername)/forum/chat/dologout.php?seed=<?php echo time()?>&id=" + connid;

And then in the config.php file you can change the 'showLogoutWindow' to false - and then you don't get any window appear when you leave the forum via home or anything etc but it still logs you out!!!

Again hope this helps people!!!

DJHicks

ive recently put a proper domain to the forum now and was gettin the non logging out issue again so i had to change where ive put (sitefoldername) i changed that to the domain address ie.

http://www.domain.co.uk/forum/chat/dologout.php?id=

for both lines.... and this is now working again!

Acans

You probably didn't need to do this as their are mods for intergration Flashchat 4.7 into SMF 1.1 and 2.0 RC1.2 on the Mod site.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

DJHicks

Quote from: α¢αηѕ on November 02, 2009, 04:35:15 AM
You probably didn't need to do this as their are mods for intergration Flashchat 4.7 into SMF 1.1 and 2.0 RC1.2 on the Mod site.

i was using the FC mod actually and the error still happened!

i posted the code edits here as there was a post of someone having the same issue i had... so thought it would be helpful to offer a possible solution!

please read posts before you make comment! you would have seen the issue i was having regardless of mod or no mod and then posted a solution!

surely its better to provide more information then many may need in the event in the future the same error happens and users can search for thier error and see my post with a solution? Yes?

:P

nunk

so does FlashChat work with SMF 2.0 RC2?
it does i know that now
but how can i get the button on the screen?
anyone know

Acans

"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Advertisement: