News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Bakers Dozen Pages

Started by Deprecated, October 31, 2008, 11:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midas

Fantastic mod.  I've used it to embed an Amazon shop widget into two of sites.  As someone else said, it would be cool to have a drop down menu.
Would be nice to get some traffic around here...

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

evil-angelist

Quote from: sheryltoo on January 11, 2009, 01:47:06 PM
Why do you think I got that warning?

Just a conflict with other mods, happens all the time. Its good to see that it is working for you, now you just have to set up the pages :)

sheryltoo

vulcan59

Hi annaAdult,

Go to Admin>Features and Options. Do you see a tab there call Dozen Pages?

willerby

Great mod from Deprecated.

A TIP:

If you want to mix pages you've created with links to some other pages elsewhere you can use the following code in the contents of a page and it will directly link to to external URLs...

<meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0.5; url=http://www. insert url here ">

You have to wrap this html code in html BBC tags - I'm sorry I can't type these here as they get read as BBC tags!
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

FireDitto

Two suggestions

1. Not really important, but the ability to rearrange the order of the pages without manually changing them around. Like, up/down buttons.

2. My main request... The ability to restrict who can and cannot access the pages depending on membership level. Such as, I have the Persona mod installed, and I don't want the PLAYER ranking accounts to be able to view a page that is for CHARACTER ranking access only. So, being able to restrict that would be awesome, rather than just "members" and "guest" access.

Other than that, I am loving this mod :D
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

TheDisturbedOne

Quote from: FireDitto on January 26, 2009, 02:01:10 AM
Two suggestions

1. Not really important, but the ability to rearrange the order of the pages without manually changing them around. Like, up/down buttons.

2. My main request... The ability to restrict who can and cannot access the pages depending on membership level. Such as, I have the Persona mod installed, and I don't want the PLAYER ranking accounts to be able to view a page that is for CHARACTER ranking access only. So, being able to restrict that would be awesome, rather than just "members" and "guest" access.

Other than that, I am loving this mod :D
If anybody takes this over I would love an addition to Who's Online too ;)

camci70

how can i use this in an other theme?

which files do i have to edit?

markwillows

Love the addition !
Is there a way to install it twice
e.g. when i click this it goes to action=pages..
is there a way of installing it again and link to 13 different pages at another location?

Steve2007

I'm trying to insert an HTML table into the info box for one of the tables.

But when view the page theres a massive gap at the top and then my table.
If I write some text imediately next to my table this appears at the top. I can't figure out why this gap is appearing or how to remove it.

busterone

I had the same problem. Use the bbc code table tags instead of html tags.  For some unknown reason, html tables always drop to the bottom of the page.

rburroughs

Hello,

I installed this mod with only partial success--somehow I blew the formating.

For some reason my new tab shows up as text only--not as a true tab like the others. There also seems to be an ordering problem. When I first load the page "Bookstore" (my new tab or just plain text in this case) is sort of in-between help and search. However after any tab is clicked the "Bookstore" text ends up at the end of the line. of tabs On the bright side, I am able to click the text link and it will take me to the inline amazon bookstore  I added code for so HTML is working great. I just need to get this formatting fixed--help!  :o

sheryltoo

Will this work with 2.0 RC1?
Sheryl

busterone

Quote from: markwillows on February 13, 2009, 11:00:48 AM
Love the addition !
Is there a way to install it twice
e.g. when i click this it goes to action=pages..
is there a way of installing it again and link to 13 different pages at another location?
I imagine it would be a matter of manipulating the install info. Change action to action=pages2 or any other name you prefer, and to correspondingly change every reference in the template edits to match. Rename a second copy of dozenpages.php and match it up to the template references, etc. It would be easier to do it manually to insure that the install doesn't bork up the first installation. I will try it on a test forum in a day or so and let you know how it goes.

sheryltoo

Thanks Tiribulus. Did you have to make any modifications to it?
Sheryl

Tiribulus

Quote from: sheryltoo on February 22, 2009, 10:02:27 PM
Thanks Tiribulus. Did you have to make any modifications to it?
Sheryl

Not on 2.0 RC1.

I did on 1.1.8

sheryltoo

I installed this on RC1 and it seems to be working fine, however I'm getting an error in my error log on my host site saying this file doesn't exist:
themes/classic/images/english/pages.gif
I'm assuming it has something to do with this mod.
I'm using the default theme but I think some of my members may be using classic.
Is there suppose to be a gif added some place?
Sheryl

Tiribulus

I don't know where that's coming from. There is no gif file in the package ???

Somebody else will have to address that one for ya.

sheryltoo

Advertisement: