News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

DarkB Smiley set

Started by Akyhne, November 19, 2008, 10:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akyhne

Link til mod

This is a set of lightly animated 20*20px smileys fitted to SMF forums using a dark background.  The smileys are made in traditional colours - yellow and dark colors.  This package only contains the standard smileys used in SMF and not the afro, azn, evil, police, and sleepy custom smileys!!!   The DarkB smileys looks terrible in forums with very bright background!!! 

The DarkB smileys are the same as the LightB smileys that are made for bright backgrounds.

Added DarkB smileys for Message Icons. It is only the smileys themself and not the Question Mark, Thumb Up etc. that are contained in the DarkB Message Icons. Manual installation note is in the .zip file

NEW: Added the smileys police, azn, mad, laugh, evil, afro and a few others in version 1.2. You have to add some of these manually in your smiley set.

NEW: Added the lamp, question mark and exclaim icons to the message icon package.

Support site for this mod: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=275442.0

Akyhne

The package is now approved. I hope you enjoy them.

You can see on the attached image below, how they turn out on dark backgrounds. In real life they are more or less all animated in some degree.

Aky

Akyhne

Added a .zip file with DarkB smileys suited to use as Message Icons. You will have to install those manually in your forum.

Aky

C.Jack

Great work on this smilie set! TYVM!  :D

I do have one request, however. The "huh?" smilie doesn't look as clean as the others due to the white spots that appear around it. I'm sure they were intentionally put there, but for my personal taste I would prefer them not be there. Is there any easy way to fix that, or will I need an expensive graphics program to do it?

I hope this doesn't come off as being ungrateful or overly peculiar because I really do like the set and appreciate the work put into it.
C.Jack

Akyhne

Just transfer 100$ to my account and you have the right to download the zipped file below ;)

Akyhne

"TYVM" - You have to translate that.

By the way - can I see the forum you are using them in?

Akyhne

To see how the smileys work on different backgrounds, check the attached image.

Just remember you are looking at a compressed image! Note that in Internet Explorer the full image might be zoomed down. Click the full image to zoom in!

C.Jack

Hello, Akyhne.

TYVM = Thank You Very Much  :)

Thanks again! You've put a real "cheesy" smiley on my face!  :D

The forum I'm using them at hasn't been launched yet, but it is visible and I've done a few test posts which have smileys in them. Nothing intellegible, merely tests to check font sizes and colors.

http://guildpoker.com/forum

p.s. I didn't have $100, so I've kidnapped the custom "huh" smiley. :P ;D
C.Jack

Akyhne

C.Jack

Thanks. It's getting there. Just a few more tweaks and it'll be finished. Your smiley set has made a huge improvement to the look of the posts and the editor page. I highly recommend it to anyone who uses a darker theme.
C.Jack

Akyhne

You are to kind  :D

I actually have a few more. One is of no interest to you - another is my LOL smiley. You can just install it as a custom smiley

Burke ♞ Knight

akyhne,

Congrats on the smiley pack being approved, and they are very nice indeed. :)

Keep up the great work. :)

Akyhne

TheListener

How do we install the smileys?

We use the black rain v2 theme on 1.1.8

Edited to say problem sorted

Akyhne

Added 6-8 new smileys and edited a few of the old ones.

BE-COOL

When I tried to install this mod with package download option in smf, it asked me to give it ftp access, after that my forum died...

Now all I get it's an 500 Internal Server Error...

My forum is http://satelites.info [nofollow]

Can anybody help me?

I don't see anything wrong with file or folder permissions.

Regards.

Akyhne

I have absolutely no idea. You'd be better of asking in one of the support sections.

I tried it myself, and had no errors or issues at all.

Blinker

Hi Akyhne

Great smiley set, I've been using them on my dark theme for a long time.:)

With this updated set, in the screenshot on the mod page you are showing the exclamation mark, question mark and lamp message icons as being "new" yellow ones but they are not included in the message icon pack.

I know you changed the lamp in the icon pack from SMF default (and it's different from the one in the image) but I'd love the other two from your screenshot, they look better than the default ones.

Any chance of supplying them?

Blinker

I found them in the LightB Message Icon pack. I hope you don't mind but I would like to edit them slightly by simply changing the white background around the icons to black to suit the dark theme. This would only be done for my forum.

If you would like to do this yourself and add them to the DarkB pack I reckon that'd be a great idea. :) I'd rather use your versions anyway but I thought I'd ask your permission first as per your TOU

Akyhne

Hmm, I made those two a long time ago for one of my own forum, just forgot to add them to the package.

I updated the message icon package.

Advertisement: