Change logo link and file type

Started by Cuko, November 24, 2008, 10:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuko

I want to change the link on the header. Instead of the forum index I want it to take to other url (my home page)

Also, I want to change my logo image to PNG file (without background).

Where can I find the codes of the logo's link to change it with another one and the codes that call for logo.jpg to be shown so I can change it to call for logo.png

I'm using AvaraMu template and I've changed the logo with overwriting the logo.jpg with my own logo.jpg file. Here's my forum if it helps www.tenismk.com/forum [nofollow]

Cuko

And another question.

Why the posts contain scroll bars? How do I remove tham?

Antechinus

Run a search on index.template.php and style.css for logo.jpg. It's easier for you to do that than for people to try guessing without having access to the theme files. As for the scroll bars, who knows? Guests can't see any boards.

Cuko

Ok I can change the logo to .png but I can't find where to change the link that the logo points to.

And can you see the scroll bars now? www.tenismk.com/forum [nofollow]

Antechinus

Not sure about the scroll bars. It may be a bug in that theme. I'd ask Fussilet about that since he made it.

Can't find the logo in the page source code so you'll need to attach index.template.php

Cuko

Antechinus

// Otherwise they're a guest - this time ask them to either register or login - lazy bums...
else
{
echo '
', $txt['welcome_guest'], '
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/sha1.js"></script>
<form action="', $scripturl, '?action=login2" method="post" accept-charset="', $context['character_set'], '" style="margin: 4px 0;"', empty($context['disable_login_hashing']) ? ' onsubmit="hashLoginPassword(this, \'' . $context['session_id'] . '\');"' : '', '>
<input type="text" name="user"  size="10" />
<input type="password" name="passwrd"  size="10" />
<input type="submit" value="', $txt[34], '" />
<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />
</form>', $context['current_time'],'<br />';
}
echo '
</div>
<a href="'.$scripturl.'" title=""><span id="logo">&nbsp;</span></a>';

That last line is Line 279 of your template. Just add in the url of the page you want to link to, like this:

<a href="http://www.homepage.com" title=""><span id="logo">&nbsp;</span></a>';

Cuko

dattero

since more years , i need this mod !

tried to find same lines on my index.template.php  but don't fine these words...

i have smf 2.0---

can U help me to find where modify  ?
thanks !

nimda

Quote from: dattero on April 27, 2012, 11:34:02 AM
since more years , i need this mod !

tried to find same lines on my index.template.php  but don't fine these words...

i have smf 2.0---

can U help me to find where modify  ?
thanks !

I have the same issue. Did you work it out?

Advertisement: