Czech language ' how to make my english forum accept the CZECH characters

Started by helio l lopes, December 11, 2008, 03:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helio l lopes

Hi

I would like that my forum would recognize the Czech characters, either when I have the forum using the English as the default language or when I choose the Czech language as the default one.

I would prefer to have the forum in English as I do now and to have it accepting the Czech characters, but maybe that's impossible.

Can anyone give me a clue about what It might be wrong?

Best Regards,

Helio

ps: eventually i would have to use the forum with the Czech language as the default one (which is not my favourite option), but I've tried it also didn't work..it's just a mess!

Alex00007

Forum se ti zobrazuje v UTF 8, takze zmen kodovani databaze na cp1250 a forum znovu nainstaluj.
Stahni balicek cestiny v cp1250 a bude to ok.

smf.war-forum.net
http://mydreams.cz [nofollow]

helio l lopes

Quote from: Alex00007 on December 11, 2008, 06:29:25 AM
Forum se ti zobrazuje v UTF 8, takze zmen kodovani databaze na cp1250 a forum znovu nainstaluj.
Stahni balicek cestiny v cp1250 a bude to ok.

smf.war-forum.net

Hi Alex,

Can you write what is your suggestion in english please?

I'm not Czech and It turns to be hard to go integrate the Czech language, although I would like my forum to be multi cultural.

To be written in Czech and English.

Best Regards,

Helio

Alex00007

Forum was displayed in UTF 8, so you must change charset on cp1250 in the database and reinstal your forum.
And download cp1250 czech language files too.

I hope, that will be OK.
http://mydreams.cz [nofollow]

helio l lopes

Quote from: Alex00007 on December 11, 2008, 07:45:11 AM
Forum was displayed in UTF 8, so you must change charset on cp1250 in the database and reinstal your forum.
And download cp1250 czech language files too.

I hope, that will be OK.

Is seems quite complex! Do you know if there's any tutorial showing how to do all those changes?

lahalo

agridoc

In a proper installation, either ISO, or UTF-8 SMF can display both.

Don't mix ISO and UTF-8 languages.

If the installation is properly done in UTF-8, just download and FTP czech-utf8 language for your SMF version. If the installation is done with Fantastico a fix might be needed first. Best solution for true multilingual.

If the installation is properly done in ISO, have a look at [ur=http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=64142.0l]Multilingual in SMF 1.1RC2 without UTF for Greek and other languages?[/url]. Dwnload and FTP czech language for your SMF version and replace ISO-8859-1 with windows-1250 in index.english.php. A cheat but works. Quite good for non latin char default language installations that want also English, French etc. with all messages showing correctly.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF - Greeklish to Greek mod
Δeν αφιερώνω χρόνο για μηνύματα σε greeklish.

Advertisement: