News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Mod - Verification image at registration

Started by akyhne, December 13, 2008, 01:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lax.slash

I should be banned on SMF 2 and SMF 1.1.7. :) Also, not sure if it's my computer, or what, but it seems kind of slow...

Akyhne

It's the test server that is very slow. When my host isn't under a lot of pressure, the images are generated in no time.

Akyhne

http://captcha20.e-debatten.dk:
69.xxx.x.xxx Hacking Attempt No: 0003 updated 2008-12-20 08:12:42 PM GMT hacking_attempt_in_verification_image_mod December 20, 2008 1 day(s)

http://captcha17.e-debatten.dk:
69.xxx.x.xxx Hacking Attempt No: 0004 updated 2008-12-20 08:12:29 PM GMT hacking_attempt_in_verification_image_mod December 16, 2008 1 day(s)

victornj

Akyhne

victornj. i guess this is you:

24.1xx.x.xxx Hacking Attempt No: 0001 2008-12-26 06:12:57 PM GMT December 26, 2008

Thanks for trying.

The developement is on hold because my ADSL is down :(

lesman01

i tried 3 times with wrong image and was banned. 17

lesman01

tried on 20. wrong image twice, then correct image, asks for another image. got it correct and directed to the registration page. works great on my end...

Akyhne

New beta.

Should work with SMF 2.0 Beta 4 ans SMF 1.1.7.

Works with SMF 1.1.8 and SMF 2 RC 1.

Akyhne

82.143.***.*** was just banned at captcha17.

Peekaazet

Akyhne

Great. You are also registered in the banning list. If you are going to test the mod, then pm me your site and I will try it out. Keep an eye on the log if you get any errors.
Are you troubled a lot with spammers?

Akyhne

199.81.xxx.xxx just banned on captcha17.e-debatten.dk:

Ban:
Hacking Attempt No: 0001 2009-02-13 06:02:32 PM GMT
hacking_attempt_in_verification_avatar_mod

Akyhne

It doesn't seem people are interested in this mod. And I really don't understand. People are complaining about being attacked by spammers, having a lot of bots registering in their forums. This mod should prevent them from doing it.

I might just drop it here and keep it in my forums as extra sequrity.

Chandy

I love the mod :D !
Please adjust the mod Enhanced Captcha Image Verification of vBulletin to SMF.
This mod is really perfect.
My skills are poor for this.
I believe that you can easily  ;D.
Some ss and the original version of vBulletin you examine the code.
Cheers.

[nofollow]

[nofollow]

Akyhne

I don't believe the sequrity is the same in that mod as in my version. Therefore it has no interest to me.

IP:212.69.*.* was banned on captcha20.e-debatten.dk

Akyhne

lax.slash

Quote from: akyhne on February 19, 2009, 08:01:53 AM
It doesn't seem people are interested in this mod. And I really don't understand. People are complaining about being attacked by spammers, having a lot of bots registering in their forums. This mod should prevent them from doing it.

I might just drop it here and keep it in my forums as extra sequrity.

I'm still interested, but I've been busy a while with a new site I'm working on. Once I get it fairly set up good enough, I'll put the BETA on it. I'll also put CAVECOST on it... :) (Still in use on my other site)

I think a lot of people are interested, but just afraid of testing a BETA.

Akyhne

CAVECOST is not something I will be working anymore as it will never be supported in SMF 2.x.

And there seems to be no interest in this mod. I've had it running in 5-6 forums for a long time now without any issues, any complains from registrants... and hardly any spammers.

The reason I won't release this mod is simple: When barely anyone wants to test it on my sites and repport back, the interest is to little.

marzi

Know how you feel but you should not give up. Why? Because your drive should be self driven and you quest for "perfection" be self-judged, not driven by the public's tastes, knowledge or ignorance or disinterest.

Anyways, yesterday I installed your avatar verification mod on my web site that is running SMF 1.1.8  with about 8 mods installed and Tiny Portal 0.98. Installation was though the package manager and it went as smooth as oil.
If me was you, as Lil' Abner used to say, I would feel great, but since me is me I am glad to have found this thread and your mod.

Akyhne

Thankd for the nice words marzi.

What I don't want is this: Release a mod, then having a lot of people complaining about installation issues etc.
I don't have the time for that and I don't have the skills. It would be much easier if people would help testing on my test sites, and if someone would also test the mod themself. Then I could take it easy and solve issues when I had the time.

Advertisement: