SMF2.0 B4, Mambo 4.6.5, Bridge 2.0 B1 complications

Started by PhelanPKell, January 08, 2009, 01:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhelanPKell

Firstly, I've searched Google and the forum for a combined total of 30 or so minutes, and am comfortably certain that an answer hasn't been posted yet to this issue.

Now, the issue:

I'm getting the Safe Mode error when attempting to use the Installer function to install the Bridge.

The error reads: "Fatal: Your system is running in Safe Mode component install is aborting!"

If what I've read is correct, there is no solution to utilizing the Installer feature, so I need a Plan B: Manual Install.

Pertinent info is as follows:
SMF Ver.: 2.0 Beta 4
Mambo Ver.: 4.6.5
Bridge Ver.: 2.0 Beta 1
Host: hxxp:bravenet.com [nonactive]
PHP Ver.: 5.0+ (as stated to me by my host)

If I have missed the answer to this, than I apologize. I am typically quite thorough, but have spent the better part of a week dealing with issue after issue with the mambo side of my site setup, so my patience has dwindled.

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance anyone can provide me.

Orstio

QuoteIf I have missed the answer to this, than I apologize. I am typically quite thorough, but have spent the better part of a week dealing with issue after issue with the mambo side of my site setup, so my patience has dwindled.

I suggest you find a better host.  There are much better ways to secure web space than to run in safe mode, and that will just make using any dynamic software a major PITA.

While you can install the bridge manually, it's not something that even I would ever attempt.  It would be easier to find a different host and switch your DNS to point there than to install the bridge manually.

PhelanPKell

While I will not ignore that possibility, as it has recently been crossing my mind, I would like to do everything I can with this host first.

As illogical as the above may seem, I do have an alternate host lined up that I had use of temporarily before, and their hosting was phenomenal. However, they also provide their best hosting deals in 1 year packages, which I just can't quite afford yet.

I can at least gain the benefit of experiencing things, and toying with different things on my current host to see what does, and does not, work.

Advertisement: